AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   [L4D2] Pipebomb Duration (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=302543)

MasterMind420 11-02-2017 10:00

[L4D2] Pipebomb Duration

THIS PLUGIN IS NOW OBSOLETE. USE THIS INSTEAD... https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=322756

Use !pb # to set pipebomb timer
Set the maximum allowable timer in cfg
Code:

V1.0
Initial Release

Technoblazed 11-02-2017 10:06

Re: [L4D2] Pipebomb Duration

I'd advise changing it into a second argument instead, having the "same" function essentially repeated 9 times seems pretty pointless.

MasterMind420 11-02-2017 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technoblazed (Post 2558080)
I'd advise changing it into a second argument instead, having the "same" function essentially repeated 9 times seems pretty pointless.

yah thats actually a good point, i wrote this when i had minimal experience at writing arguments or coding really. Although pointless its negligible, when i get around to it i'll rewrite it better. As is, it works as intended, but thanks for the advice regardless :)

headline 11-03-2017 00:43

I'm not going to unapprove this, but as mentioned above such a command should take time as an argument. It allows for more flexibility among users, and much cleaner code.

Please implement the suggestion when you have time.

Psyk0tik 11-03-2017 03:04

Could you also please add a cvar to enable it for admins only? Or perhaps a command to allow admins to set the pipe bomb timer for a player?

MasterMind420 11-03-2017 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headline (Post 2558194)
I'm not going to unapprove this, but as mentioned above such a command should take time as an argument. It allows for more flexibility among users, and much cleaner code.

Please implement the suggestion when you have time.

np, i'll get it done over the weekend

MasterMind420 11-03-2017 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 (Post 2558200)
Could you also please add a cvar to enable it for admins only? Or perhaps a command to allow admins to set the pipe bomb timer for a player?

yah i'll probably set up an admin only switch. allowing an admin to set players pipebomb duration individually would defeat the purpose of the plugin imo, i originally made this with the intent to allow players to individually control there own duration. thank u for the suggestion.

MasterMind420 11-05-2017 10:28

V1.1
!pb command now accepts time argument.
Added cvar l4d_max_time (Admins are immune to this).
Added config l4d_pipebomb_duration for setting max allowable timer.

MasterMind420 11-05-2017 17:45

V1.2
Added cvar l4d_admin_only to set admin only access.

Sunyata 03-31-2018 10:02

Nice plugin, Mastermind - I've found your pipe bomb timers very useful and fun to use ingame.

I was wondering if there was a way to use the same code you have here to be used for another similar plugin, but could do the same thing for heal and revive times, but have it apply lower (or higher) values to all players ingame and not as separate values for each player.

I have a couple of servers that use the default value "5" for both the "first_aid_kit_use_duration" and "survivor_revive_duration" times. but it would be nice for the non-admin players be able to quickly override those times to be lower ingame without me having to write new/different values into my same sourcemod.cfg file every time for them.

Sometimes I'd like the times to be set for all players between 1 and 3 seconds. On one of my servers, 5 seconds can be just fine, but then again when I load the hardcore server settings I find that 5 seconds is way too slow for healing and reviving players so have it set in the cfg at 1 or 2 seconds, mainly because of the huge number of Specials that spawn so quickly. :)

Thoughts?