AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=327495)

Silvers 09-22-2020 21:17

L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

I've started this topic in the hope to keep everything in 1 place, instead of bumping various plugin threads, post issues here and when they're fixed someone can bump the relevant thread with fix details.

Developers:
Mostly vtable offsets need updating. These can be quickly fixed by checking last version vtable offsets against new version. Drag and drop the old/new linux binary into https://asherkin.github.io/vtable/ and compare if offsets shifted (seems most things changed by +1 except very early vtable functions).

disconnected (reason "Disconnected: Issued too many commands to server"):
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux (Post 2718846)
i set sv_quota_stringcmdspersecond to 999999

Since alot of stuff uses it e.g. z_spawn spawning cmds, ect.

Silver put it in the OP since this shitty "sv_quota_stringcmdspersecond" at default value will murder most servers at atlest use FakeClientCmd to do stuff.

Put sv_quota_stringcmdspersecond "999999" in cfg/server.cfg

Server crashing?
  • Set cvar sv_voiceenable 0 to prevent server crashing - game bug. Valve update fixed (25-Sep-2020)
  • 2 sourcemod gamedata files require updating if your server hasn't automatically updated them.
  • Requires SM 1.10 to stop gamedata being overwritten.
  • Check for plugin and extension updates (bunch listed below, not complete list - post links to updates I missed).

Updated plugins

- All my plugins updated.

- Some plugins may not be required anymore due to internal fixes within L4D2. For example Knife Unlock plugin seems to be obsolete.

- Post updated plugins missing from below and I'll update the lists.

Updated plugins (my plugins):
Updated plugins (3rd party):
Extensions:

ProdigySim 09-23-2020 17:22

Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Hi there, I'm the guy who posted the updated sourcemod gamedata for the update.
I got trusted with early access to the game and I've been able to inspect some of the binaries to find out about what may break sourcemod plugins/extensions.

I can't talk a lot about the update, but in hopes of helping this update go smoothly,
I wrote up some notes about the major breaking changes I found, which is available as a Github Gist: L4D2 2.2.0.0 gamedata fixes.

If you make extensive user of vtable offsets or memory address reads in your gamedata you might find useful information here to get your plugin ready.
Also, there have been a number of bugfixes in the game, for things like Charger Chest-bumps. So you might find that some plugins become redundant after the update drops.

I apologize for the selection bias of plugins I've tested, but hopefully some of this is generic enough to help.
I'll be around on the SourceMod discord today and can try to answer more questions.

Accelerator 09-24-2020 02:55

What about l4dtoolz? https://github.com/Accelerator74/l4dtoolz
Will the signatures change?

Silvers 09-24-2020 03:00

I've always wondered about this, and it sucks theres no gamedata and hardcoded. They didn't change during the last major plugin breaking updates (The Passing and Steam Pipe - which broke many things), so I suspect this semi major update wouldn't break it either.

Edit: Have locally updated many of my plugins in preparation for the update with what's knowm to change (vtable offsets) and I'm assuming the melee weapon class/script names which I'm pretty sure will be correct so all my melee plugins will be updated straight away. I just want to verify everything before posting so waiting for the update.

For all 3rd party plugins, a post here mentioning which plugin or whats wrong will help. I can't review them all but most will be simple gamedata changes (especially if it's just vtable). Some common plugins I'll update to their threads posting the new gamedata (after I'm done reviewing and posting my stuff), at least it seems a bunch of people will be helping update so should progress very quickly.

Servers may crash with vtable changes because the wrong function is now being called with the wrong args, that's the problem with vtable changes it's not easily known that they are broken unless the server crashes or you specifically test something and not getting the expected results. Signature changes are much easier to detect since most plugins written correctly would throw an error about wrong signature (unless a signature matches something new - again that being the wrong function so would probably crash server anyway - and with that Accelerator extension would help pinpoint if required).

Accelerator 09-24-2020 03:04

Ok, hopefully it will work, but here are a couple more extensions that begs the question :)

Pounce-Damage-Uncap: https://github.com/Accelerator74/Pounce-Damage-Uncap
l4d2_tickrate_enabler: https://github.com/Accelerator74/l4d2_tickrate_enabler

And still interested in the question. The new melee weapons are named shovel and pitchfork (for scripts/console), is that right? https://github.com/Accelerator74/l4d...tension.cpp#L6

Silvers 09-24-2020 03:15

Yeah those are 99% the melee script/classname.

Those extensions probably won't break. l4d2_meleespawncontrol extension is old and superceded by Info Editor plugin which handles the same + many other features that servers and other plugins have been taking advantage of. I would recommend people switch over to that instead of something that's hardly supported.

Accelerator 09-24-2020 03:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvers (Post 2718582)
l4d2_meleespawncontrol extension is old and superceded by Info Editor plugin

Definitely if you are using dhooks :) Not all my servers need dhooks, left4downtown or left4dhooks. Therefore, I prefer to use the simplified obsolete version, l4d2_meleespawncontrol :)

Silvers 09-24-2020 03:29

Well since you've been known to compile extensions, you can provide support for those! That would be greatly appreciated. I suspect most will work fine, l4d2_meleespawncontrol will need an update for the 2 new melee classes. L4DToolZ we'll see but suspect fine also, if even required anymore (screenshot showed 20 players in 1 server testing new update...)

Accelerator 09-24-2020 03:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvers (Post 2718584)
L4DToolZ we'll see but suspect fine also, if even required anymore (screenshot showed 20 players in 1 server testing new update...)

It would be nice if the expansion of the slots was already in the game initially :)

Silvers 09-24-2020 03:36

Sounds like it's not a stock feature but L4DToolZ still works with the update. So no changes.

ProdigySim 09-24-2020 05:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accelerator74 (Post 2718578)
What about l4dtoolz? https://github.com/Accelerator74/l4dtoolz
Will the signatures change?

I didn't test every feature of L4DToolz probably, but we had it installed on a server and had 9 players in, without making any changes to it. I think it still works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accelerator74 (Post 2718580)
Ok, hopefully it will work, but here are a couple more extensions that begs the question :)

Pounce-Damage-Uncap: https://github.com/Accelerator74/Pounce-Damage-Uncap
l4d2_tickrate_enabler: https://github.com/Accelerator74/l4d2_tickrate_enabler

And still interested in the question. The new melee weapons are named shovel and pitchfork (for scripts/console), is that right? https://github.com/Accelerator74/l4d...tension.cpp#L6

I just checked the sig in pounce-damage-uncap and it looks like it is stable on the new update.

We also tested tickrate-enabler and it seems to work fine as well.

Accelerator 09-24-2020 05:09

Very good! thanks :)

SilentBr 09-24-2020 13:30

My servers are crashing now, waiting new SM version and also plugin's gamedatas.

Silvers 09-24-2020 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentBr (Post 2718627)
My servers are crashing now, waiting new SM version and also plugin's gamedatas.

SM GameData changes here:
sdktools.games/game.left4dead2.txt

sdkhooks.games/game.l4d2.txt

SilentBr 09-24-2020 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvers (Post 2718632)

Server running for the last 30 minutes no crashes yet.

Thank you Silvers!

Mr. Man 09-24-2020 14:48

Some servers are still crashing with segmentation fault after updating the SM GD files:

https://pic8.co/sh/8kcWAb.png

marki89 09-24-2020 14:50

Hello, I have a problem, when I update the game, I select the campaign, it loads halfway and the game comes out, I have a server of 8 people, will it be because of the plugins I have? :(

Silvers 09-24-2020 14:56

Left4Dhooks update pushed to main plugin thread: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=321696

ProdigySim 09-24-2020 15:18

We've been getting a bunch of `CNetChan_ProcessMessages` crashes on our our competitive servers. Wondering if anyone else is seeing the same. Haven't been able to pin it down to any specific gamedata/patch yet :(

Pelee 09-24-2020 15:24

Getting the same crashes every 30 min or so engine_srv.so!CNetChan::_ProcessMessages(bf_r ead&) + 0x2ba

i.imgur.com/4Vv0dDR.png

ProdigySim 09-24-2020 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelee (Post 2718661)
Getting the same crashes every 30 min or so engine_srv.so!CNetChan::_ProcessMessages(bf_r ead&) + 0x2ba

i.imgur.com/4Vv0dDR.png

What plugins/addons are you using? Our servers are using quite a few (you can see them all here) and I'd love to see if we have any overlap

Mr. Man 09-24-2020 15:35

I notice that sometimes the server would be running smoothly and then start crash cycling with segmentation fault, probably just need to identify which GD files are outdated...

SilentBr 09-24-2020 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvers (Post 2718656)
Heres a temporary updated left4dhooks gamedata file. Needs more testing.

Thanks to ProdigySim for updating a bunch.

Trying now.

EDIT: When I use microphone server crashes, other players can use it. Maybe because I'm an admin?!

Pelee 09-24-2020 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProdigySim (Post 2718665)
What plugins/addons are you using? Our servers are using quite a few (you can see them all here) and I'd love to see if we have any overlap

here
pastebin.pl/view/e931b2b0

Accelerator 09-24-2020 15:50

Msg from 181.67.136.74:20637: clc_VoiceData rejected by msg bind (66 bytes)
Msg from 109.254.62.6:27005: clc_VoiceData rejected by msg bind (66 bytes)
Msg from 95.91.24.147:27005: clc_VoiceData rejected by msg bind (66 bytes)
Msg from 194.15.119.162:27005: clc_VoiceData rejected by msg bind (66 bytes)

Crashes.

SilentBr 09-24-2020 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accelerator74 (Post 2718671)
Msg from 181.67.136.74:20637: clc_VoiceData rejected by msg bind (66 bytes)
Msg from 109.254.62.6:27005: clc_VoiceData rejected by msg bind (66 bytes)
Msg from 95.91.24.147:27005: clc_VoiceData rejected by msg bind (66 bytes)
Msg from 194.15.119.162:27005: clc_VoiceData rejected by msg bind (66 bytes)

Crashes.

Yep same here, but normal players and admins can use the microphone.

I can't andthe only difference is that I have root flag.

Silvers 09-24-2020 16:18

Using any of the voice extensions? Maybe actual game bug not related to plugins? Would be good idea to test without SM/MM and see if that still happens.

(all my plugins updated, left4dhooks gamedata fix in this thread but still not fully tested and known issue is addons eclipse not working).

Accelerator 09-24-2020 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvers (Post 2718676)
addons eclipse not working).

https://github.com/SirPlease/L4D2-Co...ework/pull/100

SilentBr 09-24-2020 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvers (Post 2718676)
Using any of the voice extensions? Maybe actual game bug not related to plugins? Would be good idea to test without SM/MM and see if that still happens.

(all my plugins updated, left4dhooks gamedata fix in this thread but still not fully tested and known issue is addons eclipse not working).

I have crashed valve servers (vanilla no sourcemod). This is an issue that came within the update.

PS: You said all your plugins are updated, but you didn't post yet?

Silvers 09-24-2020 16:49

They are posted, look at 1st post links, didn't bump all threads but most. Pushing a left4dhooks update now to it's thread.

SilentBr 09-24-2020 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvers (Post 2718679)
They are posted, look at 1st post links, didn't bump all threads but most. Pushing a left4dhooks update now to it's thread.

Ah oh saw it now. Thank you!

About this mic issue, until valve fixes it, is there a way to solve this? I tried sv_voiceenable 0 dut it didn't work.

Spirit_12 09-24-2020 17:11

Guess I'm late to the party. Lets see what else is broken.

SilentBr 09-24-2020 19:27

There is a player on my server crashing, we advised to not use microphone, but this player wants to crash the server.

I tried the accelerator crash log, but it does not save the message with the players IP.

Is there a way to block voice by plugin?

cravenge 09-24-2020 19:35

Looks like the update has more advantages than I thought.

TypicalType 09-24-2020 19:47

For some reason after this update i keep crashing with sourcemod..

TypicalType 09-24-2020 20:06

also is there a new gamedata? and how i update it.. im new to those things

Silvers 09-24-2020 20:07

Links and info in 1st post

cravenge 09-24-2020 20:07

Quote:

- Marked "voice_all_icons" (used for testing) as a cheat command. Clear the voice state whenever the value changes so voice bubbles don't stay visible when switching between cheat enabled/disabled games.
Could this be related to the crash everyone is having?

TypicalType 09-24-2020 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvers (Post 2718727)
Links and info in 1st post

Thanks silver now my server isnt crashing anymore :):):)

rtokuda 09-24-2020 20:20

I have a local server. It doesn't work anymore after this update. I tried to put both files in the gamedata folder and the server crashes and closes the game.