AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Polymorph: Mod Manager (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=111535)

fysiks 01-02-2010 23:40

Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack86 (Post 1040867)
I think he wants to know does he need to put his map specific cvars and plugins from per-map configs in polymorph.ini in [cfg] and [plugins ] sectors , or they can be read normally from their curent files.

Oh, I get it. Thanks for the explanation. Any of the AMX Mod X core features having to do with map specific plugins/cvars should work like normal. If a particular cvar is listed in a MOD's config file it will take precedence (I think).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack86 (Post 1040867)
What i would like to see is edit of poly_mode cvar so it has an option like current 0 or 1 but without any map votes, it just goes on one mod following mapcycle (or even better, maps listen under that mods mapsfile maps.ini) until its manually changed or it follows mapcycle (or as stated in first example) for X maps then changes mod but without any autovotes for mapchange.

I'll look into this.

bmann_420 01-04-2010 19:29

Yea, sorry about that, I diddnt explain myself that well :/ But that did answer it. (the map configs have plugins-mod.ini, it enabled plugins mainly)

So thiers only able to have 5 options? or up to 9, but no more than 1 page?

fysiks 01-04-2010 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmann_420 (Post 1043385)
So thiers only able to have 5 options? or up to 9, but no more than 1 page?

It's only able to do one "page." It's exactly like the default mapchooser. You can have upto 8 mods (I think, no more than that for sure) in the vote but it requires recompiling the plugin.

Around line 50:

PHP Code:

// Number of main options in vote
#define SELECTMODS 5
#define SELECTMAPS 5 

bmann_420 01-04-2010 22:26

Yea, i was lookin at that, and seen MAX_MODS 10 also, so was unsure.

I also had another question tho. It seems like the string length in the cfg check is a lil short. It will only add about 2 words from your hostname, or about 10 letters into any cvar, it will cut it off. I changed the string length in the define section (STRLEN_DATA) to no avail.

fysiks 01-04-2010 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmann_420 (Post 1043503)
Yea, i was lookin at that, and seen MAX_MODS 10 also, so was unsure.

I also had another question tho. It seems like the string length in the cfg check is a lil short. It will only add about 2 words from your hostname, or about 10 letters into any cvar, it will cut it off. I changed the string length in the define section (STRLEN_DATA) to no avail.

It's not defined by STRLEN_DATA :). It uses STRLEN_FILE because I was originally was only getting filenames (plugins) and I hadn't modified it. This was mentioned once before and what I have done for my next update is to change:

PHP Code:

szPreCommentData[STRLEN_FILE

to

PHP Code:

szPreCommentData[64

on line 879 (in my work-in-progress version; should be around there)

orange 01-06-2010 02:45

This is some smexy stuff my friend.

GordonFreeman (RU) 01-06-2010 02:51

Not bad you can now choose mods without departing from the server :)

benamo6 01-06-2010 07:15

Could you add a cvar to change vote mod when map begins or when map ends?

vaan123 01-06-2010 11:23

wowy! awesomes =)

fysiks 01-07-2010 22:00

Minor update: Fixed long cvar values being cut off. Namely hostname.

bmann_420 01-08-2010 02:08

Mmhmmm, lovely :D

vaan123 01-11-2010 08:53

this plugin has helped Alot :) thanks fysiks =)

Apollyon 01-12-2010 02:03

Will this work using mp_maxrounds instead of mp_timelimit? I run a few round-based servers that will not work as well if they are time-based. I'm using your older multimod version and it supports that. Just wanted to check before I update.

fysiks 01-12-2010 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollyon (Post 1052401)
Will this work using mp_maxrounds instead of mp_timelimit? I run a few round-based servers that will not work as well if they are time-based. I'm using your older multimod version and it supports that. Just wanted to check before I update.

It should work with mp_maxrounds and mp_winlimit. BTW, are you currently using joropito's plugin that I modified?

Apollyon 01-13-2010 01:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 1053133)
BTW, are you currently using joropito's plugin that I modified?

Yes I am.

fysiks 01-13-2010 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollyon (Post 1053380)
Yes I am.

Just an FYI, there might be some difference in commands. I don't have (nor do I believe there should be) a say /votemod command. I'm sure there are a few more but I can't think of them now. Try it out and see what you think. Also, you will probably need to delete the file called plugins-multimod.ini in /addons/amxmodx/configs/.

Apollyon 01-14-2010 00:46

I'll give it a try this weekend on my test server and post some feedback for you. I think I'll try the RTV addon too.

bmann_420 01-14-2010 11:49

If anybody is curious about this, I have the server that fysiks started beta testing this on and and is now fully functional and doing well with no more crashes.. It has: Paintball, deathrun, surf, kz, and sports bar (soccer jam, fooball, basketball-all based on map configs)

65.99.193.227:27018

fysiks 01-14-2010 18:11

Bmann, I think you need to look for typos in your post. Makes me look bad! LOL :).

DarkGod 01-15-2010 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 1055130)
Bmann, I think you need to look for typos in your post. Makes me look bad! LOL :).

He's too drunk for that sorta thing. You should see how fun some of us have when he comes into IRC in the middle of the night and is so damn drunk that he can barely see his keyboard. He just randomly hits stuff and we all laugh.

bmann_420 01-15-2010 20:36

Dammit! I wasn't drunk this time, I was on the phone, same as now cause I'm never home. But its edited now. If you want we can throw up some of the cfg's as examples.

Apollyon 01-16-2010 05:53

I just tested this on my round-based test server and it's working great. I'll update my live servers over the weekend.

After trying the Rock the Vote addon... I found that it is time-based only. Can you update this to work on round-based servers? With that, it would be perfect. Thanks!

fysiks 01-16-2010 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollyon (Post 1056804)
After trying the Rock the Vote addon... I found that it is time-based only. Can you update this to work on round-based servers? With that, it would be perfect. Thanks!

I don't understand. Update RockTheVote to be round-based??? This doesn't make sense. When you rock the vote, you get a vote because everybody wants a vote.

BUT, the nice thing about this is anybody can make their own RockTheVote plugin. When you want to start the vote you just call

PHP Code:

native polyn_votemod() 

Apollyon 01-16-2010 14:35

The RTV addon reads mp_timelimit for the delay at map start and to prevent RTV just before normal voting begins. On my server, when I say rtv it tells me I have to wait 60 seconds no matter how much time has passed. Since the server is round-based it doesn't use mp_timelimit.

For round-based it would need to read mp_maxrounds. The delay at map start would be 1 round. Normal voting begins 2 rounds before the end of the map so prevent RTV from being called when less than 3 rounds left.

fysiks 01-16-2010 16:02

"Rounds" are foreign to me. We don't use rounds in Day of Defeat, only time.

But, like a said, the RTV plugin was just an example and can be made as complicated as you want. All that is required is that when you want the vote to happen you call the native that I previously mentioned.

If you have a simple RTV plugin that does what you want, I will look into it to see if I can make it work with Polymorph.

Doc-Holiday 01-16-2010 17:44

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 1057386)
"Rounds" are foreign to me. We don't use rounds in Day of Defeat, only time.

But, like a said, the RTV plugin was just an example and can be made as complicated as you want. All that is required is that when you want the vote to happen you call the native that I previously mentioned.

If you have a simple RTV plugin that does what you want, I will look into it to see if I can make it work with Polymorph.

I modified your RTV and came up with this. I have tested on my cz server and it works perfectly. Hopefully someone else can test as well; to make sure its not just a fluke working on mine :)

Added round based support.

New Cvars:
amx_rounds 1 // 0 = Time based 1 = Rounds based
amx_minround 2 // The number of the round you want to be able to rtv.. Second round is defualt.

fysiks 01-16-2010 19:39

RoundChecker is equal to g_iRoundcount :)

I cleaned up cmdSayRTV() a little:

PHP Code:

public cmdSayRTV(id)
{
    if(!
get_pcvar_num(cvar_rtv_enabled))
        return 
PLUGIN_CONTINUE // PLUGIN_HANDLED

if(g_hasbeenrocked)
    {

client_print(idprint_chat"[RTV] Vote has already been Rocked.")
        return 
PLUGIN_HANDLED

}

if(
g_rockedVote[id])
    {

client_print(idprint_chat"[RTV] You already voted.")

rtv_remind()
        return 
PLUGIN_CONTINUE  // PLUGIN_HANDLED for blind?

}

if(!
get_pcvar_num(gp_rounds))
    {
        new 
Float:vote_wait get_pcvar_float(cvar_rtv_wait)
        new 
Float:time_elapsed get_cvar_float("mp_timelimit") - (floatget_timeleft() ) / 60.0// Use get_gametime

if( time_elapsed vote_wait )
        {

// Can replace all this content with "You cannot RockTheVote yet."
            // which would require no if statement or calculations.

new Float:time_til_votebegin =  vote_wait time_elapsed

if(time_til_votebegin 1.0)
            {
                new 
min_to_vote clamp(floatround(time_til_votebegin),1,floatround(vote_wait))

client_print(idprint_chat"[RTV] You cannot RockTheVote for %d more minute%s."min_to_votemin_to_vote "s" "" )
            }
            else 
// time_til_votebegin <= 1 minute

{

client_print(idprint_chat"[RTV] You cannot RockTheVote for %d more seconds."floatround(time_til_votebegin 60) )
            }

return 
PLUGIN_HANDLED

}

if(
get_timeleft() < 240 // don't allow rtv 4 minutes before map ends

{

client_print(idprint_chat"[RTV] Too Late to RockTheVote.")
            return 
PLUGIN_HANDLED

}
    }
    else
    {
        new 
minRounds get_pcvar_num(gp_minround)
        new 
RoundsLeft get_pcvar_num(gp_roundlimit) - g_iRoundCount

if(g_iRoundCount minRounds)
        {

client_print(idprint_chat"[RTV] You cannot RockTheVote for %d more round(s)."minRounds g_iRoundCount)
            return 
PLUGIN_HANDLED

}
        if(
RoundsLeft <= 1)
        {

client_print(idprint_chat"[RTV] Too Late to RockTheVote.")
            return 
PLUGIN_HANDLED

}
    }

// You (id) just voted to rock.
    // ... 

Also cmdSayRL(id) is never called.

Oh, and thanks for doing this!! :)

Apollyon 01-16-2010 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by NcB_Sav (Post 1057470)
Hopefully someone else can test as well; to make sure its not just a fluke working on mine :)

Installed and tested. Works great. This is just what I needed. Thanks.

Apollyon 01-16-2010 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 1057563)
I cleaned up cmdSayRTV() a little

I'll plug this in and give it a test. Thanks!

Edit: Tested and working perfect. Thanks guys.

Doc-Holiday 01-17-2010 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 1057563)
Also cmdSayRL(id) is never called.
Oh, and thanks for doing this!! :)

Yup No problem the cmdSayRL was for testing forgot to delete it.

Updated my attachment to fit your fixes.

gunnersslash 01-19-2010 18:36

wowwwwwwwwwwwwww omg i'm impressed as u 've seen in the other multimod plugin i was always using the version u post there (multimod-no-pause.amxx) and today i have seen your post just until today

if other pluggin is aproveed this gonna be aproved so much faster.. i think the main reason your plugin exist is the feature of load only plugins necesary... i.e i have a plugin that makes join everyone ct. noclip... restrict weapons etc ... if i try to start a new mod and the (buggy) mod preload.. the server crashhh!!

i'm so happy

ur plugin is the best it has all features and compatiblity necessary...

the only thing i've seen that it can be improvved is the change of a map: i mean

i'm an admin n i want to change to x mod in x map... but i don't want to start a vote and let other choose.... so i have to use cvar right?

there is any posibility to add those features to a menu??

fysiks 01-19-2010 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunnersslash (Post 1060553)
i'm an admin n i want to change to x mod in x map... but i don't want to start a vote and let other choose.... so i have to use cvar right?

amx_nextmod shows a list of the available MODs and which mod is currently running and which MOD is the nextmod. Then, if you do amx_nextmod # where # is the number next to the desired MOD it will set everything up to play that new mod on the next map. It also sets a default nextmap that corresponds with the MOD that is chosen as the next MOD.

So, you would use amx_nextmod to choose a new MOD and then change the map to whatever map you want.

Let me know if this answers your question.

gunnersslash 01-21-2010 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 1060579)
amx_nextmod shows a list of the available MODs and which mod is currently running and which MOD is the nextmod. Then, if you do amx_nextmod # where # is the number next to the desired MOD it will set everything up to play that new mod on the next map. It also sets a default nextmap that corresponds with the MOD that is chosen as the next MOD.

So, you would use amx_nextmod to choose a new MOD and then change the map to whatever map you want.

Let me know if this answers your question.

yes thankyou.. i'was saying that cuz i was using the plugin that yu've posted in other multimod autor xD but now i'm using this version and problem was solved

ther's only one thing that plugin colud be improved..

as we know everyone uses motd to explain server's rules but do that in a multimod server is almost impossible, right now i'm using Advanced Motdbut is too buggy and shows motd randomly not the specific mod is running so i thing in 0_mod.cfg could be a cvar to set the name of the motd that server must use

i.e cvar polymorhph_motd gugame-motd.cfg
so could be shown motd of gungame in gungame mod and maybe a cvar to show motd every x rounds when player dyies just like that plugin.. i've tell the autor of plugin the request but plugin is too old n looks like theres no more support

fysiks 01-21-2010 18:34

Code:

motdfile "your-motd-file.txt"

gunnersslash 01-21-2010 18:52

yeah but include that cvar in your plugin will be great

fysiks 01-21-2010 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunnersslash (Post 1062881)
yeah but include that cvar in your plugin will be great

I don't need to since it already exists. Just put it in the cvar section of the MOD configuration file.

Apollyon 01-23-2010 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 1062865)
Code:

motdfile "your-motd-file.txt"

That's great to know. I'll have to play around with this.

helderpostiga1 01-27-2010 16:30

This plugin is really nice, but i'm afraid that i'm having some problems with using this mod, being the most annoying... The lag... I usually have 7 to 10 pings and with this mod i have 20 ping and also the time wasted between joining, choosing a team, and appear on the map is huge. The other problem,.. i dunno if its related to the lag but when playing, when (for example) the round ends, it doesn't even show the message nor the timer at 00:00.

I hope you can help me.

Cheers,
HelKing

Doc-Holiday 01-27-2010 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by helderpostiga1 (Post 1069927)
This plugin is really nice, but i'm afraid that i'm having some problems with using this mod, being the most annoying... The lag... I usually have 7 to 10 pings and with this mod i have 20 ping and also the time wasted between joining, choosing a team, and appear on the map is huge. The other problem,.. i dunno if its related to the lag but when playing, when (for example) the round ends, it doesn't even show the message nor the timer at 00:00.

I hope you can help me.

Cheers,
HelKing

7-10 ping most likely suggests a server in your home or very very close...

For me i connect to my servers using VNC. How ever if i have VNC running while i try to play my ping sky rockets. So if you are running them from home. Make sure you are not connected to vnc or ftp or teamviewer

fysiks 01-27-2010 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by helderpostiga1 (Post 1069927)

I hope you can help me.

Cheers,
HelKing

The bulk of my plugin runs ONLY before the map begins or after the map ends (and of course when a vote occurs). So, lilkely it's the MOD that you are running that the time.

So, to try and figure things out, tell me what mods you have loaded with Polymorph. Also, did you disable other map choosing plugins?