AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Polymorph: Mod Manager (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=111535)

fysiks 10-31-2010 14:20

Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antixianos (Post 1338077)
Okay, thanks for clearing things up :-)

Is there a way to set a certain mod the default? i.e. When I turn off the server, or it experiences a crash, it selects a randomly a mod from the list.

It uses the last mod played because it is reading from a plugins.ini-like file. So, no, you cannot set a default mod because to do that you would have to restart the server once everytime you start the server. I'm not giong to do that.

bibu 11-06-2010 13:09

I have configured everything but sometimes when I start my server with de_dust, it executes the my 1_kzbhop or 0_deathrun file. I have de_dust only listed in my maps_furien. And yes, the parameter mapsfile is right in all mod files.

Any help is appreciated.

fysiks 11-06-2010 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by bibu (Post 1343285)
I have configured everything but sometimes when I start my server with de_dust, it executes the my 1_kzbhop or 0_deathrun file. I have de_dust only listed in my maps_furien. And yes, the parameter mapsfile is right in all mod files.

Any help is appreciated.

If de_dust is in the command line as the map to be used when you start the server then it will always be that way. My plugin won't know what map it starts on. Just restart the server once and it should correct itself.

bibu 11-06-2010 18:03

No, I mean, it does everytime pick the mod random when I change the map.

fysiks 11-06-2010 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by bibu (Post 1343465)
No, I mean, it does everytime pick the mod random when I change the map.

Ummm . . . that's not what you said in your last post. Could you clarify your problem in detail?

bibu 11-06-2010 20:00

Oh well, it's like that: When I want to change the map, for example de_dust, it should only load those mod files which I have de_dust in the mapsfile of the seperate mods, but it does load random from the whole mod files which I have, and yes the mapsfile have the right names.

fysiks 11-06-2010 20:41

You can't just change the map and expect it to know which mod to use. You have to set the 'nextmod' to what you want and then change the map.

bibu 11-06-2010 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 1343607)
You can't just change the map and expect it to know which mod to use. You have to set the 'nextmod' to what you want and then change the map.

So we can't use changelevel, cause it will fuck everything, do you mean that?

fysiks 11-06-2010 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by bibu (Post 1343617)
So we can't use changelevel, cause it will fuck everything, do you mean that?

You can use changelevel. It won't "fuck" everything up. It will just use what ever MOD is set up for being next (regardless of map files).

All you need to do is change the nextmod with amx_nextmod and then change the map.

bibu 11-07-2010 05:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 1343659)
You can use changelevel. It won't "fuck" everything up. It will just use what ever MOD is set up for being next (regardless of map files).

All you need to do is change the nextmod with amx_nextmod and then change the map.

Oh ok, I thought if I instantly change the map, it will get the maps name from the mapsfile file and will use the mod or a random one if it is on multiple mapsfiles. Isn't that a good idea? I mean otherwise you need everytime to type amx_nextmod >modname< and then changelevel. And what shall I do on a server restart?