AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Forlix TempBanFix (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=97589)

Forlix 07-17-2009 13:24

Forlix TempBanFix

This addon for SourceMod (made for CS:S, but should work with other mods) fixes the Source-Servers bug where some temporary (time) bans do not get automatically deleted from the filter list on expiration, and the players remain banned indefinitely (until the server restarts). It does so by taking over all temporary bans, leaving only the permanent bans in the servers filter list. Any newly added temporary ban by Steam-ID (which can be entered in any way, or by any plugin) will be removed from the servers list and handled by this plugin. It will make sure the player is allowed into the server once the ban has expired.

Detailed features:
  • Direct drop-in fix, works smoothly with the server, you almost wont notice it
  • Reads in bans using the server_addban event, therefore should work with almost any plugin
  • Responds to the standard listid command and displays all temporary bans with formatted ban time and time remaining below the servers permanent ban list
  • Unbanning works the usual way, using the standard removeid command, or through any plugin that uses the servers default filter list, Mani's ma_unban to name just one
  • As long as the temporary ban is in place, the banned player will be notified about the remaining ban time on each connection attempt
  • All time displays (to players and in the listid response) are formatted dynamically in minutes, hours+minutes, or days+hours, depending on the time length
Changes in v1.05: (2009/07)
  • Initial release
Configuration ConVars:

forlix_tempbanfix_version
- Version tracking (don't modify this)

The plugin file (.smx) goes into "cstrike/addons/sourcemod/plugins".

Get the most recent version at:
:arrow: http://forlix.org/gameaddons/tempbanfix.shtml

Bacardi 01-28-2010 05:26

Re: Forlix TempBanFix

Great plugin and works.
Show banned players info "How long banned"
Source Dedicated Server print list tmp. banned players with time.
One thing is...
How admin can see list temp. banned players if they have rented server.
(Can't see Source Dedicated Server "window")

In game I connect using rcon commands "listid" it show only server side echo
on console ID filter list: empty
Not print Forlix TempBanFix text (But it print srcds.exe window)

From HLSW- program same thing
http://gamebacardi.arkku.net/Forum/k...lixtempfix.png

Maybe it's not so importand :|

tigerox 01-28-2010 08:43

Would be nice if it worked for temp ip bans as well.

Bacardi 01-28-2010 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerox (Post 1070530)
Would be nice if it worked for temp ip bans as well.

This will show temp. IP bans on srcds.exe window.. "listip"
but ofcource banned-IP-player can't see that :wink:
Can't connect server if IP blocked

tigerox 01-28-2010 15:25

It is the standard listip you are seeing. I don't want the disconnect messages or anything, I want this mod to fix ip bans not expiring after their time limit.

Forlix 01-29-2010 12:42

I'm aware of the problem, but I dont see any way of fixing it, eg. making it print to rcon instead of the server console. There doesnt seem to be a function to do this, even ReplytoCommand doesnt do it, yet SourceMod internally somehow manages to print its responses say for the SM command, to rcon.
IP ban support might be added some day, but I dont see alot use for it, as its mostly good for local networks. I never ban by IP on my servers.

I have a new version of this plugin running on my servers, with some new features like it wont forget the temp bans anymore if the server is shut down or crashes - they are now stored in a file, so even week- or month-long bans are reliably handled, no matter if the server restarts inbetween. Some performance improvements have also been done.

I will release that when I get the chance, but I'm afraid it wont fix the above issue.

Bacardi 01-29-2010 13:07

Good to know thanks

tigerox 01-29-2010 16:38

IP bans have become more usefull due to spam crash exploits. Players that try to join the server many times quickly are temp IP banned.

Many of these temp bans do not expire the way they are supposed to, and most of the time they were just players trying to join a full server repetedly and it bans them. Would be nice if they expired properly.

Thanks.

Bacardi 06-25-2010 15:46

Now we have new updated Cs:s
This handle temporary bans not let unban...
using rcon listid, rcon removeid <slot>
or sm_unban steam_id
:|

Forlix 06-26-2010 12:29

Quote:

This handle temporary bans not let unban...
What does that mean?