AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=213670)

dordnung 04-17-2013 12:57

[ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod

55 Attachment(s)

Call Admin allow players on your server to call for an admin to report cheaters / hackers / rule breakers.

For best performances we use a module-based system.

Below you can see a overview over the main plugin and it's current modules.

Click on the name to get a detailed install instruction.

Read Getting-Help if you have problems and before posting here. Thanks!

For latests news and changelogs take a look at Impact's Post

Notes for upgrade from 0.1.5 to 0.1.7

Please read this post before upgrading to version 0.1.7!

Required

Recommended

Optional

Third Party Modules
Want more information or want to see some pictures?

Just take a look at our WIKI or ask us (dordnung, Impact).

Impact123 04-17-2013 12:58

Re: CallAdmin - Extendable inGame Reports

Join the alliedmods discord server
I'm often there if you need help.

Check out the release notes for 0.1.8

Help us test the development version!

CallAdmin
Newest precompiled builds can be found here, the code here, instructions to compile it here and the the change log here.
Be sure to update all your plugins and web files.

MessageBot
Newest precompiled builds can be found here, the code here and instructions to compile it here.

Zephyrus 04-17-2013 13:07

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=213263

no need for website, no need for anyone to download an extra client, fully extensible, can work in master/relay mode and it came out before this ;o

:)

Smarmy 04-17-2013 13:08

Well isn't this just awesome. We may give this a shot over SourceIRC Tickets.

dordnung 04-17-2013 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephyrus (Post 1934486)

no need for website, no need for anyone to download an extra client, fully extensible, can work in master/relay mode and it came out before this ;o

:)

We're working on this project for over an month. But i would NEVER write my account data in a file on the server. Our client works with the global steam client -> No extra login. Also you don't have to be always online in steam.

Zephyrus 04-17-2013 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popoklopsi (Post 1934495)
We're working on this project for over an month. But i would NEVER write my account data in a file on the server... Our client works with the global steam client -> No extra login

um, thats the bot account that messages ppl on steam, if someone is stupid enough to put an account there with games thats really his fault, you can just reg a free one and put that there, it adds admins automatically and in case someone is reported it messages them through steam, its not admin account login, its only for the message bot

edit: well probably ppl who want to play or have time to do admin stuff would be on steam, but as i said mine is fully extensible too, it would probably take like 100 lines to make your client compatible too

dordnung 04-17-2013 13:23

You need a game on the steam account to add friends and write messages.

Doesn't matter now, i think the admin can choose what he needs or? We don't work against each other.

Zephyrus 04-17-2013 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popoklopsi (Post 1934502)
You need a game on the steam account to add friends and write messages

you can message anyone, maybe you cant add friends but if they add you you can message them, anyway still, a lot of servers dont have a website nor a mysql that could be used remotely, i prefer making my stuff usable for anyone, im not saying this is not a good work, it is, but you may want to move the webpart to an optional plugin and make basic functionality work without the need for any external paid stuff that one may not have if he only runs a single server or whatever

MadMakz 04-17-2013 13:34

Yeah, competition is bad on this world... especially in free software... -.-

There are a bunch of somewhat dublicate plugins, nobody gives a damn, nor comes a Dev raiding a topic, really. Because people can choose for themself.

Zephyrus 04-17-2013 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMakz (Post 1934516)
Yeah, competition is bad on this world... especially in free software... -.-

There are a bunch of somewhat dublicate plugins, nobody gives a damn, nor comes a Dev raiding a topic, really. Because people can choose for themself.

Didn't I say it was good work? I did. Didn't I just give suggestions so more people can use it? I did. Did I say use mine instead of this? No, I did not.

dordnung 04-17-2013 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephyrus (Post 1934536)
Didn't I say it was good work? I did. Didn't I just give suggestions so more people can use it? I did. Did I say use mine instead of this? No, I did not.

Thank you! :)

Yeah, we also thought about that, but i think the main target of such a plugin are big communitys. And for all Communitys, where Sourcebans run, this plugin also runs. :up:

And it's currently a beta. We collect / collected a lot of ideas from big communitys and we are always trying to implement new ideas from other people. It was only poorly timed with our plugins. :| But we really spend a lot of time in this project. Great minds think alike :)

But i think it don't be worth to argue here furthermore.^^

lyric 04-17-2013 15:33

no offense but I would never run an exe from here or anywhere that interacts with my beloved steam account.. even if that steam account was a shill its not uncomon for these things to have all kinds of bad stuff packed inside

dordnung 04-17-2013 15:37

You can take a look at the source code:

https://github.com/popoklopsi/CallAdmin-Client

You don't have to login to your account, so no acount data is used here.

Anti Virus Total

By the Way:

You can disable steam usage.

Dr. McKay 04-17-2013 15:50

FWIW, Dota 2 counts as a "game".

This is probably going to change once it comes out of beta.

Doc-Holiday 04-17-2013 16:11

Re: Re: CallAdmin - Extendable inGame Reports

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyric (Post 1934638)
no offense but I would never run an exe from here or anywhere that interacts with my beloved steam account.. even if that steam account was a shill its not uncomon for these things to have all kinds of bad stuff packed inside

The trusted members of this forum"would" never give you malware. No need to worry

ilga80 04-18-2013 13:39

Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extendable inGame Reports

I launched the program, but the notice didn"t come. :(

Impact123 04-18-2013 13:59

Were you ingame when the call was done?
By default calls won't leave the server when an admin is available ingame, instead the admins will be notified.

Yours sincerely
Impact

ilga80 04-18-2013 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Impact123 (Post 1935236)
Were you ingame when the call was done?
By default calls won't leave the server when an admin is available ingame, instead the admins will be notified.

Yours sincerely
Impact

I was on the server is non admin

Impact123 04-18-2013 15:09

Alright, to inspect where the error comes from please try the following shortly after you made another call.

1. Check the gameservers error logs and see if the plugin has written something in there, if yes post it.
2. Open up http://yoururltocalladmin.com/notice.php?key=yourkey in your browser and check if the calldata is there and no error (or something else strage) shows up.
3. Check that you supplied the right path to the directory in the clients settings.

If something isn't clear or you have further questions don't hesitate to ask.

Yours sincerely
Impact

Doc-Holiday 04-18-2013 16:06

I can't look at the api but. Would this allow me to send a custom message to admins generated by a plugin?

Impact123 04-18-2013 16:23

If you mean ingame messages, currently no, we couldn't find an use case for that yet.
If you have an specific use case it shouldn't be a problem to add features which support that.

Yours sincerely
Impact

Doc-Holiday 04-18-2013 17:16

Re: Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extendable inGame Reports

Quote:

Originally Posted by Impact123 (Post 1935346)
If you mean ingame messages, currently no, we couldn't find an use case for that yet.
If you have an specific use case it shouldn't be a problem to add features which support that.

Yours sincerely
Impact

I was more looking for like my report to forums plugin. It has a forward that is sent with the report info. One of the requests is to alert admins injunction with the post.

So I was looking at a way to send that retort to the admins. Then I ran across this and zyps plugins that do that. It's generated via a plugin then would use a native from your plugin to send a message to admins letting them know X player was reported for Y reason by Z player.

Impact123 04-18-2013 17:26

It shoudn't be a problem to add an native for it, if you want i can add you on steam and we can work something out.

Yours sincerely
Impact

Doc-Holiday 04-18-2013 18:05

Re: Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extendable inGame Reports

Quote:

Originally Posted by Impact123 (Post 1935390)
It shoudn't be a problem to add an native for it, if you want i can add you on steam and we can work something out.

Yours sincerely
Impact

If you want.

Shadow_warrior_ncb is my steam name. I'm on my phone though that's why I couldn't view the api. Security work is boring lol. The site I work for in currently in a meeting while they talk about their sales. I'm sitting here looking up scripting stuff lol

ilga80 04-18-2013 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Impact123 (Post 1935290)
2. Open up http://yoururltocalladmin.com/notice.php?key=yourkey in your browser and check if the calldata is there and no error (or something else strage) shows up.

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<CallAdmin>
<foundRows>0</foundRows>
</CallAdmin>

HSFighter 04-19-2013 03:14

Nice Job ;D

I take a look at this.

Impact123 04-19-2013 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilga80 (Post 1935504)
<CallAdmin>
<foundRows>0</foundRows>
</CallAdmin>

If you have opened the page shortly after you made another call then this isn't the expected result, there should have been found at least 1 row.
Are you sure you weren't detected as admin and became an notification ingame?
Nothing found in the logs? (errors_*)

Yours sincerely
Impact

ilga80 04-19-2013 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Impact123 (Post 1935752)
If you have opened the page shortly after you made another call then this isn't the expected result, there should have been found at least 1 row.
Are you sure you weren't detected as admin and became an notification ingame?

Yours sincerely
Impact

Yes, I removed myself from administrator and reconnected to the server

Impact123 04-19-2013 09:18

Well, im at a loss then.
I can add you on steam and take a look if you want, just pm me your name.
We can post the cause of the error when we found it ;)

Yours sincerely
Impact

striker07 04-21-2013 02:05

Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod

Pretty amazing :o.
defenitly indispensable

snelvuur 04-24-2013 08:19

So how would one work with 3 different steamgroups? Basicly we have multiple servers, css, tf2, and such. But our admins of tf2 dont want to see calls for css and visa versa. How can we keep this seperate and have perhaps multiple instances? Just make more bots or is there a better way?

Impact123 04-24-2013 13:51

Are you talking about the not yet offcially released steam module?

Yours sincerely
Impact

cREANy0 04-24-2013 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by snelvuur (Post 1938858)
So how would one work with 3 different steamgroups? Basicly we have multiple servers, css, tf2, and such. But our admins of tf2 dont want to see calls for css and visa versa. How can we keep this seperate and have perhaps multiple instances? Just make more bots or is there a better way?

Code:

You can use that. You need with that a new Account for the Bot. With that Plugin you can set steam id's for single server in a config for which people should get this Message.
I use it too and its really useful!

greetz cREANy0

dordnung 04-24-2013 14:26

You should know that this isn't a finished and stable plugin, or?

Doc-Holiday 04-24-2013 14:42

Re: Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popoklopsi (Post 1939107)
Stop advert other plugins.

Any ideas on a beta version of your unofficial extension? I'd like to start working on the compatibility between our plugins.

As I've explained with impact over steam there are a few things that would be nice to see. .

Your menu system optional and allow for third party calling of an admin via a native.

The native would contain the userid of the reported party as well as the reporting party. And Lastly the reason.

Also a forward containing both userids and the reason would be nice also

Floody 04-24-2013 14:49

Hello,
I am trying to figure out why I this TeamSpeak3 Module is not working for me...
Maybe I did something, could be, but I don't think so.
Also if I am opening /notice.php?key=mykey, it's showing me all reports, so it did something correct! :)

Maybe any solutions?

Impact123 04-24-2013 15:05

Great news, CallAdmin now ships with an Steammodule and an Extension which supports that.

Extension
We have talked with Zephyrus (author of SourceReports), but he hasn't much time and his extension works in a different way.
We decided to write an own extension which takes another more fail-safe route.
Unlike the slave/master mode zephyrus uses we use an queue based system, thus every server is independand and messages are more likely to be received even if others servers go offline.
Every extension has a messagequeue, if you send a message and the bot is currently online the message will be queued and send when possible again (bot goes offline).

Steammodule
The steammodule grabs it's data from 2 configfiles and supports retrieval of ids through steamgroups.
You can either select admins by steamid/communityid, or you can put a groupname in the config and the ids will be fetched from there.
Of course you can mix these 2 options if you want.
You can view the installation instructions here.
The Module requires the Sockets extension, and of course the MessageBot extension (see attachments).

We hope you like it :)

Yours sincerely
Impact

Impact123 04-24-2013 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floody (Post 1939120)
I am trying to figure out why I this TeamSpeak3 Module is not working for me...
Maybe any solutions?

We have a wiki page with common problems that may occur here. maybe you find something there.
The only problem which he had till now was that the webserver was banned from the teamspeak3 server.
Is your webserver in the whitelist of your teamspeak3 server?

Yours sincerely
Impact

snelvuur 04-24-2013 15:37

@impact: i was looking into that, i was just looking on github and noticed the steam part and the group part. From what i understand from your text above. This would mean i need to create a bot for each server? Since we got about 30+ servers. 30 bots is a bit much imho :)

I tested the desktop client also, i've setup the website and installed the plugin. Got 2 admins running the windows client and the tracker shows them too. Ingame it also says that there are 2 admins online. Yet when a /call is done i dont see any alerts coming in. Also dont see any entry's in the database. I do see both admins in the database as tracked. Using latest from http://vs.gugyclan.eu:8000/job/CallAdmin/

Impact123 04-24-2013 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by snelvuur (Post 1939150)
This would mean i need to create a bot for each server?

No, thats what the queue is for, one bot is enough.

By default reports won't be sent if there are admins ingame, instead they will be notified.
You are free to change that in your config.
Code:

// What happens when admins are ingame on report: 0 - Do nothing, let the report pass, 1 - Block the report and notify the caller and admins
sm_calladmin_admin_action "1"

Yours sincerely
Impact