AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=134503)

Damizean 08-05-2010 14:18

[TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010

:3 [TF2] Dodgeball (1.0) :3
by Damizean, based on Voogru's mod

What's this?
A game mode inspired in the classic Dodgeball. On this mode, all classes except the Pyro are disabled and the respawn is limited to the same rules as the Arena game mode. Each Dodgeball map has a set of spawn points from where rocket projectiles are fired. These projectiles are designed to follow a target player until the player is killed or the rocket has been deflected.

Based on Voogru's original plugin and similar to Asherkin's plugin, I tried to design this one as flexible as possible without having to mess with the plugin's code.
  • All the parameters of the rocket classes are fully configurable: model, sounds, speed, damage, turn rate, etc.
  • Each rocket uses a small events system wich can be used to extend the functionality of the rockets by the execution of custom commands, so if you can write Sourcemod plugins, you can easily extend the functionality of the rockets.
  • You can independently setup the spawn points by defining their full target name, in case you want an specific spawn point to have a different spawn chances table.
The configuration included with the plugin contains a base rocket setup and a sample nuke rocket type (along with the model and it's 3DS Max source).

Changelog
    • Initial release.

TODO

• Extend functionality so map makers can enable/disable spawn points through the entities User Outputs.

How do I install it?
Place the files in the zip on the correct folders:
  • The files placed at the gameserver folder should be placed your game server.
  • The files placed at the fastdownload folder should be placed in your fast download server.
Remember, this plugin will activate itself only on maps that are prefixed as tfdb_, as long as the tf_dodgeball_enabled cvar is set to 1.

Cvars
Some basic cvars are included, but most of the parameter settings is done through the configuration file.
  • tf_dodgeball_version - Version of the plugin.
  • tf_dodgeball_enabled <0/1> - Is the plugin enabled?
  • tf_dodgeball_enablecfg <path> - Config file to be executed when enabling the game mode. Default: sourcemod/dodgeball_enable.cfg
  • tf_dodgeball_disablecfg <path> - Config file to be executed when disabling the game mode. Default: sourcemod/dodgeball_disable.cfg

Config Files
In order to setup the settings of the game mode, the plugin looks for a configuration file, wich should be located at /addons/sourcemod/configs/dodgeball/general.cfg. It contains the general settings, rocket classes and spawn point classes to be used in all the maps. In addition to this one, the plugin will try to look for a map specific configuration file, located at /addons/sourcemod/configs/dodgeball/<map name>.cfg, in wich you can override the default settings or even add new map-specific rocket classes.

The meaning of every parameter of the configuration file is explained on the file itself. The example configuration file is the following:
PHP Code:

// -------------------------------------------------------
// Events
// 
// In order to further customize the rocket types, you can
// set a command to be executed when a certain event happens
// with a dodgeball rocket.
//
// The events that are right now implemented are the following:
//
// on spawn- When a rocket spawns.
// on deflect- A client has deflected a rocket.
// on kill- One of the rockets has killed the client.
// on explode- Same as on kill, only triggered once.
//
// The possible parameters passed for the commands are the following.
//
// @name         - Name of the projectile type
// @rocket       - Rocket entity index
// @owner        - Owner client userid
// @target       - Target client userid
// @dead         - Last dead client
// @speed        - Speed of the rocket
// @deflections  - Number of rocket deflections
// 
// Commands
//
// For using with the events system, the plugin has two useful
// commands if you want to make kickass explosion blasts.
//
// tf_dodgeball_explosion <client>
// Shows a huge explosion at the location of the specified client.
//
// tf_dodgeball_shockwave <client> <damage> <force> <radius> <falloff>
// Wich applies a huge shockwave at the location of the client.
//
// If you are able to write plugins, you can include your custom
// commands too!

"tf2_dodgeball"
{

"general"

{

"music"                            "1"      // Play music on Dodgeball gamemode?

"round start"                      ""                                          // Music to play on round start

"round end (win)"                  ""                                          // Music to play for the winner team

"round end (lose)"                 ""                                          // Music to play for the loser team

"gameplay"                         ""                                          // Music to play when the gameplay starts

"use web player"                   "0"      // If the use of web player is enabled, these will be

"web player url"                   ""       // used instead of the gameplay music

}

"classes"

{

"common"

{

// >>> Basic parameters <<<

"name"                        "Homing Rocket"    // Full name of the rocket type

"behaviour"                   "homing"           // The only behaviour right now is homing :P

"model"                       ""                 // Default: Common rocket model

"is animated"                 "0"                // Only works when using a custom model

"play spawn sound"            "1"                // Does the rocket emit a sound when spawning?

"play beep sound"             "0"                // Does the rocket emit a beeping sound?

"play alert sound"            "1"                // Does the rocket emit an alert sound to the client when being targetted?

"spawn sound"                 ""                 // Default: Sentry rocket sound

"beep sound"                  ""                 // Default: Sentry searching sound

"alert sound"                 ""                 // Default: Sentry client spotted sound

"beep interval"               "0"                // Emit sound every x time

// >>> Specific behaviour modificators <<<

"elevate on deflect"          "1"                // Does the rocket can elevate after deflection?

"neutral rocket"              "0"                // Does this rocket has no team based targets?

// >>> Movement parameters <<<

"damage"                      "50"               // Base damage done by the rocket.

"damage increment"            "25"               // Increment per reflection.

"speed"                       "800"              // Base speed for the rocket.

"speed increment"             "150"              // Speed increment per reflection.

"turn rate"                   "0.215"            // Turn rate / tick for this rocket.

"turn rate increment"         "0.0275"           // Increment per deflection.

"elevation rate"              "0.1075"           // Elevation rate when deflected (if enabled)

"elevation limit"             "0.175"            // Maximum elevation when deflected (if enabled)

"control delay"               "0.01"             // Delay until the rocket starts tracking the target after a deflection.

"critical chance"             "100"              // Percentage of chance for a critical rocket.

"no. players modifier"        "0"                // Increment based upon the number of players in the server. 

"no. rockets modifier"        "0"                // Increment based upon the number of rockets fired since the start of the round.

"direction to target weight"  "15"               // Weight modifier for target selection, based upon the direction of the rocket
                                                             // to the client.
            // >>> Events <<<

"on spawn"                    ""                 // Actions to execute on rocket spawn.

"on deflect"                  ""                 // Actions to execute when a rocket is deflected.

"on kill"                     ""                 // Actions to execute when a rocket kills a client.

"on explode"                  ""                 // Actions to execute when a rocket kills a client (triggered once).

}

"nuke"

{

"name"                        "Nuke!"
            "behaviour"                   "homing"
            "model"                       "models/custom/dodgeball/nuke/nuke.mdl"
            "is animated"                 "1"
            "play spawn sound"            "1"
            "play beep sound"             "1"
            "play alert sound"            "0"
            "spawn sound"                 ""
            "beep sound"                  ""
            "alert sound"                 ""
            "beep interval"               "0.5"

// >>> Specific behaviour modificators <<<

"elevate on deflect"          "1"
            "neutral rocket"              "0"

// >>> Movement parameters <<<

"damage"                      "200"
            "damage increment"            "200"
            "speed"                       "600"
            "speed increment"             "100"
            "turn rate"                   "0.233"
            "turn rate increment"         "0.0275"
            "elevation rate"              "0.1237"
            "elevation limit"             "0.1237"
            "control delay"               "0.01"
            "critical chance"             "100"
            "no. players modifier"        "0"
            "no. rockets modifier"        "0"
            "direction to target weight"  "25"

// >>> Events <<<

"on spawn"                    ""
            "on deflect"                  ""
            "on kill"                     ""
            "on explode"                  "tf_dodgeball_explosion @dead ; tf_dodgeball_shockwave @dead 200 1000 1000 100"

}
    }

"spawners"

{

// >>> Default RED spawner <<<

"red"

{

"max rockets"            "1"                // Max no. of rockets before the spawner can fire another.

"interval"               "2.0"              // Minimum time between rocket fires.

// >>> Chances table <<<

"common%"                "90"               // Chance to spawn a common rocket

"nuke%"                  "10"               // Chance to spawn a nuke rocket

}

// >>> Default BLU spawner <<<

"blu"

{

"max rockets"            "1"               // Max no. of rockets before the spawner can fire another.

"interval"               "2.0"             // Minimum time between rocket fires.

// >>> Chances table <<<

"common%"                "90"              // Chance to spawn a common rocket

"nuke%"                  "10"              // Chance to spawn a nuke rocket

}
    }

Resource files
The plugin implements a resources precacher like the one in the Equipment Manager plugin. The sound files will be automatically precached and added to the download list, and for each model file the plugin will automatically search for a .res file with the same name, in wich every line is a dependency for the model.

For example, with the model called "nuke.mdl", the plugin will search for a file called "nuke.mdl.res". It'll precache and add to the downloads table all the files listed on it:
Code:

materials\models\custom\dodgeball\nuke\nuke_blu.vmt
materials\models\custom\dodgeball\nuke\nuke_blu.vtf
materials\models\custom\dodgeball\nuke\nuke_red.vmt
materials\models\custom\dodgeball\nuke\nuke_red.vtf
materials\models\custom\dodgeball\nuke\nuke_neutral.vmt
materials\models\custom\dodgeball\nuke\nuke_neutral.vtf
models\custom\dodgeball\nuke\nuke.dx80.vtx
models\custom\dodgeball\nuke\nuke.dx90.vtx
models\custom\dodgeball\nuke\nuke.mdl
models\custom\dodgeball\nuke\nuke.phy
models\custom\dodgeball\nuke\nuke.sw.vtx
models\custom\dodgeball\nuke\nuke.vvd

Remember! Set the proper whitelist entries if you're going to use the nuke on a pure server! The locations of the files are the ones listed above.

Thanks to
Downloads
Where do I get maps?
This plugin is compatible with the maps created for Asherkin's TFDodgeball. Find maps on his thread:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=127034

Damizean 08-05-2010 14:26

Re: [TF2] Dodgeball (1.0) - 08/05/2010

Reserved for future usage.

Mecha the Slag 08-05-2010 14:26

Re: [TF2] Dodgeball (1.0) - 08/05/2010

Been using this for quite the while - it's perfect, much better than the one requiring extensions. It's flexible and modificationable with a single config file. Just perfect. A million thumbs up.

Sexual Harassment Panda 08-05-2010 16:53

Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010

OOH I'm having huge problems with the other dodgeball plugin. Damizean, you are once again my saviour.

r14170 08-06-2010 08:14

not working for me ...

cybersquare420 08-06-2010 16:07

ummm... the map link in that other thread is dead

Taker of Vita 08-06-2010 19:52

It seems that sometimes you don't have unlimited ammo to airblast with, could you make it auto detect when to change the burstammo cvar?

Edit: It looks like it takes a liking to one player, instead of going to a random person after reflecting.

cybersquare420 08-06-2010 21:46

i really wan tto test this but i dont have a map for it.. would someone be kind enough to link me one... from their fast dl server or some thing...

thanx in advance

edit: ok, i found a couple... seems to work alright as far as i could test alone with a bot... however, it seems to me that it should reset the round when a second player joins... right now if 1 player is in there the round never ends so other players that join after the round starts cannot spawn and their is nothing to kill the lone player so it is infinite... joining players get frustrated and leave...
maybe if it let joining players spawn into the game right away rather than making them wait for the next round...

edit2: upon further testing it appears to have been a conflict with an old respawn plugin i had fogotten was there... works well now except for some lag spikes... i will peruse the error logs later on when i have more time and post anything i think is pertinent... till then, Thank You for this excellent plugin!!!

Mecha the Slag 08-07-2010 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybersquare420 (Post 1263814)
i really wan tto test this but i dont have a map for it.. would someone be kind enough to link me one... from their fast dl server or some thing...

thanx in advance

http://mechatheslag.xfactorservers.com/imgay/tf/maps/

tfdb_* maps are for Dodgeball

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taker of Vita (Post 1263742)
It seems that sometimes you don't have unlimited ammo to airblast with, could you make it auto detect when to change the burstammo cvar?

I'd have to disagree with this suggestion, the only time you'd really need ammo is if you spamblast other players, which really shouldn't be encouraged. Once someone dies they drop ammo anyway so you're never at a loss unless you spam it away.

Quote:

Edit: It looks like it takes a liking to one player, instead of going to a random person after reflecting.

I've noticed this too. Kinda like a dual where it keeps going back and forth two players.

cybersquare420 08-07-2010 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecha the Slag (Post 1264072)

THANX!! ill add these straight away

allow me to return the favor... i have tons of cool maps that you seem to be without... so here is my list... help yourself if you feel so inclined...

Taker of Vita 08-07-2010 14:55

The airblast ammo thing was the only thing that we ran into when using this.

Damizean 08-07-2010 16:58

Sorry for the late responses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by r14170 (Post 1263175)
not working for me ...

Can you be more accurate? What is not working? It's packed so installing is just deploying the files, so it should work out of the box without doing anything special.

Quote:

The plugin executes a .cfg file when activating/deactivating the Dodgeball game mode. You could change the tf_flamethrower_burstammo in there (and it does in the provided cfg file), as well as any class restriction or respawn plugin (yeah, this is important).

As for taking liking of one player, the target selection is done with a random number to wich a modifier is applied using the direction the player's looking at when deflecting. There may be occasions where the RNG isn't very random, hence it keeps going back and forth for those players.

If you want to do it purely random, set to 0 the "direction to target weight" parameter. If you want to do it purely based on the direction the rocket has been deflected, set the parameter to some really big value (1000, for example)

trafficjam 08-07-2010 19:17

Any known plugins it is not compatible with,
Im running the latest prophunt, as well as rmf, besides those the servers pritty vanilla.
Installed dodgeball correctly, is working but clients are being kicked by console at random times.
Btw installed rmf after i had encountered the problem.
Cheers

Damizean 08-07-2010 19:46

It should have the same compatibility issues as asherkin's plugin: Class restriction and Fast Respawn plugins.

trafficjam 08-07-2010 19:49

cheers
not sure what Ive done wrong then.

satanchia 08-08-2010 07:45

Thanks for the wonderful plugin, this allows us to integrate dodgeball into our default map selection without interfering with other game modes. Just a heads up the disable config sets that burst ammo cost to 25 when the default is 20 now. Other than that small fix this thing has worked 100% without any problems whatsoever. :mrgreen:

cybersquare420 08-09-2010 07:47

ok, after extensive playtesting here are the issues we found... there is a small lag spike after rocket spawn about 1/2 the time... not severe... just a hiccup...
there is a serious shortage of maps that will work with this... we tried a dozen or more and only found four that let you play... most of the ones in asherkin's thread make console kick you at round start...
this leads to biggest bug... console randomly kicks clients during the game... no error is logged and my anticheat isnt responsible (there would be a log). this is very annoying as it will usually cost the player who was kicked's team to lose the round...

windows server 2k3
sm 1.3.4
mm 1.8.1

07:47:04 sm plugins list
07:47:04 [SM] Listing 60 plugins:
01 "Admin File Reader" (1.3.4-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
02 "Admin Help" (1.3.4-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
03 "Admin Menu" (1.3.4-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
04 "Admin Sounds" (1.2.0) by cadav0r,dalto,o_O.Uberman.O_o,|HS|Jesus
05 "Anti-Flood" (1.3.4-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
06 "Basic Ban Commands" (1.3.4-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
07 "Basic Chat" (1.3.4-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
08 "Basic Comm Control" (1.3.4-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
09 "Basic Commands" (1.3.4-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
10 "Basic Info Triggers" (1.3.4-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
11 "Basic Votes" (1.3.4-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
12 "Client Preferences" (1.3.4-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
13 "Command Blocker" (1.0) by pRED*
14 "SM Crits chance with sniper rifle control" (0.1) by pRED* & Wazz
15 "False Items + Achievements" (2.0) by Jindo
16 "Fun Commands" (1.3.4-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
17 "Fun Commands X" (1.6) by Spazman0 and Arg!
18 "Fun Votes" (1.3.4-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
19 "Game Description Override" (1.2) by psychonic
20 "GiveNamedItem" (1.0.0) by bl4nk
21 "TF2 Godmode" (1.0) by ratty-modified by Seb
22 "gScramble" (1.7.64) by Goerge
23 "Halo Models" (1.1) by GOERGE
24 "HLSW Nextmap & Timeleft" (1.0) by Tsunami
25 "High Ping Kicker - Lite Edition" (1.0.0.1) by Liam
26 "HpRegeneration" (1.1.1) by bl4nk
27 "Welcome Sound" (0.0.1) by R-Hehl
28 "Kigen's Anti-Cheat" (1.2.1.2) by CodingDirect LLC
29 "MapChooser" (1.1.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
30 "Nextmap" (1.3.4-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
31 "Kill Streak Orgasms" (3.2.1) by Goerge
32 "Player Commands" (1.3.4-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
33 "[TF2] Premium Mod" (1.14) by noodleboy347
34 "[TF2] Pumpkin" (0.2) by linux_lover
35 "Quake Sounds" (2.7) by dalto, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, and psychonic
36 "Razorback Crash Fix" (1.0) by MikeJS
37 "Reserved Slots" (1.3.4-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
38 "Reserved Sprays" (1.0.0) by ShadowMoses
39 "Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition)" (3.1.8) by Hell Phoenix, -=|JFH|=-Naris, W]M[D FernFerret, LAMDACORE, Uberman, gH0sTy, Woody
40 "Server Redirect" (1.1) by Brainstorm
41 "Server Redirect Ads" (1.1) by Brainstorm
42 "Server Redirect Commands" (1.1) by Brainstorm
43 "Show Damage" (1.0.5) by exvel
44 "Advertisements from Database" (1.2.100) by Tsunami and <eVa>Dog
45 "Evil Admin - Beam" (1.0.100) by <eVa>Dog
46 "Evil Admin - Glow" (1.0.105) by <eVa>Dog
47 "Evil Admin - Health" (1.0.102) by <eVa>Dog
48 "Evil Admin - Pimp Slap" (1.0.101) by <eVa>Dog
49 "Evil Admin - Rocket" (1.0.102) by <eVa>Dog
50 "Evil Admin - Trails" (1.0.104) by <eVa>Dog
51 "Evil Admin - Vision" (1.0.104) by <eVa>Dog
52 "Godclip" (1.0) by -MCG-retsam
53 "Observer Point" (1.0.100) by <eVa>Dog
54 "Sound Commands" (1.3.4-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
55 "[TF2Items] Give Weapon" (3.0.0) by Asherkin
56 "[TF2Items] Manager" (3.1.2) by Damizean & Asherkin
57 "[TF2] Dodgeball" (1.0) by Damizean
58 "[TF2] Player Stats" (6.6) by DarthNinja, R-Hehl
59 "tHeadshotOnly" (1.0.0.3) by Thrawn
60 "Web Shortcuts" (1.0.1) by James "sslice" Gray

Damizean 08-09-2010 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybersquare420 (Post 1266278)
ok, after extensive playtesting here are the issues we found... there is a small lag spike after rocket spawn about 1/2 the time... not severe... just a hiccup...
there is a serious shortage of maps that will work with this... we tried a dozen or more and only found four that let you play... most of the ones in asherkin's thread make console kick you at round start...
this leads to biggest bug... console randomly kicks clients during the game... no error is logged and my anticheat isnt responsible (there would be a log). this is very annoying as it will usually cost the player who was kicked's team to lose the round...

The plugin does not kick the clients. If anything, the +attack command is blocked so clients do not burn others, so it may be an issue with either the mp_idletime or mp_idledealmethod. Try playing with that.

As for the lag spike on spawn, I never got any of that but I'll try to see if there's any critical stuff that's making the lag spike. If you mean the small artifact with the trail particles on spawn, then that's normal :3

cybersquare420 08-09-2010 09:26

no, the rockets just l;ag out and teleport a bit right after they spawn, but it rarely causes any gameplay issues as they seem to mostly fly smoothly after that

ima look for the kick issue... clients get "kicked by console" message, but no record is made... its strange... ill play with it and post back if i figure it out...

cybersquare420 08-09-2010 09:30

edit: i dont think those are doing it... idlemaxtime is 2 minutes, idledealmethod is just move to spec, and timeout is 900 seconds...

however i am gonna dissable the whole mess of them and see if it clears up...

edit1: DOH!!! sorry... did not mean to dp... typed in wrong box... <facepalm>

edit2: also, a small request... i think it would be cool if we had the option to force players onto a team and into the game... with automated team balancing and only 1 available class to play, these steps are kind of pointless on the way into the game... however this is also a nominal issue so if it is difficult or you dont have the time foget i mentioned it.. :) thank you for your efforts and support so far... this is a great mod!

edit3: seems that the console kicks everyone out of the map at the beginning on all maps that do not use the arena splash screen where you click on the "fight" door... if the map lets you go straight to class selection screen or into play the console kicks you.... if the map makes you click the door to get to class selection screen then the console does not kick you... i think you may have been correct about the idle time cvars... i commented them out and i have not been randomly kicked again, but only time will really tell...

Drixevel 08-09-2010 23:06

The Plugin is very VERY unstable. Graphic Errors and what not. I dunno if i have a bad config but everything is just like bugged. Server spikes every 2 minutes. : /

cybersquare420 08-09-2010 23:14

it is working well now for me... read what i said earlier about what does and does not work with it... the plugin is solid, but has a few quirks yet... the author is working to correct the lag spike that happens at the first rocket spawn, but other than that one it run smoothly for me... biggest issues i have found were related to maps that should be, but are not compatible... find good maps and it works really well

Drixevel 08-09-2010 23:30

kk thx

2 Questions:

1. How do i make it so it works like arena where people die once and it's done and the round ends and a new round starts similar to v's servers?
2. How do i fix it so that the compression blast is bigger and fatter so you don't have to look directly into the rocket to compress it?

cybersquare420 08-09-2010 23:40

1. you must disable all things that control respawn (including premium accounts and such) then if you r using a correctly made map it should just work

2. ... i have no idea...

edit: i can confirm that these al work well with tis plugin so if you are using any of the below maps, the problem is in your setup

tfdb_castle
tfdb_tennis
tfdb_dream_island_b2
tfdb_mechanicus_rc1
tfdb_harvest_event_a4

Damizean 08-10-2010 01:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf (Post 1266964)
The Plugin is very VERY unstable. Graphic Errors and what not. I dunno if i have a bad config but everything is just like bugged. Server spikes every 2 minutes. : /

Hai

Fix your FastDL and disable all class restriction and respawn plugins.

Thanks.

gigabyte128 08-10-2010 14:08

Where can I find theses maps? Every source I find points to the same server which is down.

tfdb_dream_island_b2
tfdb_mechanicus_rc1
tfdb_harvest_event_a4

Mecha the Slag 08-10-2010 15:23

I've never had problems with this plugin. If you're having troubles with it then you need to have more control of which plugins you're running alongside.

@r3dw3r3w0lf: you're rather known for having issues with... every plugin out there fgfdg
make sure to follow the install instructions because this is a very stable plugin

FredJed223 08-10-2010 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecha the Slag (Post 1267453)
I've never had problems with this plugin. If you're having troubles with it then you need to have more control of which plugins you're running alongside.

@r3dw3r3w0lf: you're rather known for having issues with... every plugin out there fgfdg
make sure to follow the install instructions because this is a very stable plugin

Yes. This plugin is working PERFECTLY for me. No issues at all. Thanks so much!

One small bug I noticed, that I think is to blame on the maps. The rockets spawn straight down.. I have overcome this by adjusting their turn rate. So they can turn before they hit the ground. I was wondering if there was another way to get the rockets to launch out instead of down?

Feature request:
Admin menu for adjusting rocket variables on the fly.
More random selection of targets. ( I set weight to zero testing that now)

Again. This is far superior to the other dodgeball plugin. And as of right now is working flawless. You the man!

gigabyte128 08-10-2010 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf (Post 1266964)
The Plugin is very VERY unstable. Graphic Errors

Only issue I have with it so far is nukes say "Error!" in a pulsating red but at the same time it kind of looks like its supposed to be like that.

Drixevel 08-10-2010 19:15

kk lemme rephraise what i've seen so far.

1. When you hold down primary fire, you get crits, the glitch occurs in it. Rather normal, not saying this is a bad thing but it happens more often then normal.

2. The Rocket sometimes goes through the walls when it's fired so it just keeps doing that, just reload the map to fix it.

3. For some reason, when i aim at the rocket, i have point RIGHT towards it where in voogru's server, your compression blast feels open like you don't see it coming but you still right click if it's in the compression blast and it fires back.

Besides those, good plugin. I know i do have problems with plugins sometimes but that's because i like to make sure things are perfect and most of the time, when i think something is like this, it's actually like this.

Drixevel 08-10-2010 19:25

Any cvars in my server.cfg or autoexec.cfg i should remove or add?

Mecha the Slag 08-11-2010 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigabyte128 (Post 1267624)
Only issue I have with it so far is nukes say "Error!" in a pulsating red but at the same time it kind of looks like its supposed to be like that.

Add the nuke model to your fastdl

gigabyte128 08-11-2010 04:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecha the Slag (Post 1267896)
Add the nuke model to your fastdl

It didn't do anything, this is what I have.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...29/fgdhhdh.png

cybersquare420 08-11-2010 07:48

you need to push those models out to your download server... the client is not getting the nuke model

Mecha the Slag 08-11-2010 08:50

that's not a fastdl lol

are you running a local server or a dedicated server?

gigabyte128 08-11-2010 15:39

Dedicated (HLDS one) at home since I have enough upstream for my # of players. I wonder if its possible to run a HTTP server on the same machine capped to a certain bandwidth to act as the fastdl as this limit Valve put in it stupid, 128Kbps to everyone including myself thats connected locally. :|

Drixevel 08-11-2010 16:18

Nvm then.

cybersquare420 08-11-2010 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigabyte128 (Post 1268298)
Dedicated (HLDS one) at home since I have enough upstream for my # of players. I wonder if its possible to run a HTTP server on the same machine capped to a certain bandwidth to act as the fastdl as this limit Valve put in it stupid, 128Kbps to everyone including myself thats connected locally. :|

yes, it is possible... but you will always suffer some amount of lag for doing it... it really is best to look for a download sservice that is not on your network... thta way when several players are downloading no one has to suffer lag or wait

stephaniee 08-19-2010 08:00

1. Is there a way to change the cfg settings and not have to turn off/on the map to see the effect each time?

Chaosxk 08-20-2010 00:45

1. Is it possible to disable the weapon restrict. I notice that i am restricted to my flamethrower and can't switch to my melee or shotgun. Can you make an option to disable or enable this?

2. I notice that the nukes don't orbit well. I tried the lowest turn rate settings and still does not orbit around me while i stand still. I tried to increase the nuke speed but when it begins to orbit, it slows down and makes sharp turns in order to hit me. Can you allow an option to disable this or something.

3. Overall this plugin is much better than the other one.