AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [CSS][Surf] Redie (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=129735)

rambomst 06-16-2010 09:11

[CSS][Surf] Redie

6 Attachment(s)
Description:
  • This plugin is mainly meant for surf maps but can be used on any. It allows a player to respawn as a ghost to walk/surf around the map so you aren't stuck in spectator mode waiting for the round to end.
  • Ghosts are not able to block players movements but players are able to block ghosts if they get in the way. To stop this for happening the use of a no-block plugin will help.
ConVars:
  • sm_redie_version - Plugin version.
  • sm_redie - !redie in chat to spawn as a ghost.
  • sm_redie_adverts - set to 0 to disable the advert.
Requirements:
Credits:
  • ATAMAH - Original ES addon here.
Changelog:
  • 1.0 - release.
  • 1.1 - Fixed 2 bugs.
  • 1.2 - Added sm_redie_adverts and fixed issue with ghost blocking players.
  • 1.3 - Added a message sent to player on death reminding them of !redie and fixed an issue with ghosted players emitting blood when shot at.
Special Thanks:

meng 06-16-2010 15:46

Re: [CSS] Redie

NiCe :up:.

PHP Code:

version "PLUGIN_VERSION"

should be...
PHP Code:

version PLUGIN_VERSION

line 73... ?
PHP Code:

PrintToChat(client"\x01[\x03Redie\x01] \x04 TEST."); 

Maybe add noblock for ghosts with a CVar? A simple visual effect would be cool as well.

rambomst 06-16-2010 17:28

Argh, I uploaded it at like 12:30am and missed those :( lol well I have fixed those 2 things and I will add noblock when I got home today. When you say visual effect do you mean making it so the player can just be seen (255, 255, 255, 5) or something more like the ES version where a cloud follows around the person who is a ghost?

rambomst 06-17-2010 23:41

I tried to add noblock for ghosts only but after doing so I found out that m_CollisionGroup has to be set for both the ghost and the person touching the ghost or else people will be able to walk through the ghosts but ghosts wont be able to walk through people. If someone walks through the ghost then the ghost would get stuck so useless you know of a way to get around this I guess this plugin will only really work on servers with noblock.

Cleric 06-18-2010 06:34

I would advise you to add that info to the desc. That you need a noblock plugin to make the ghosts "walk-through". When I read "ghost" and "without interfering with gameplay" I thought they would be noblock.

They did indeed interfere with the gameplay on my server, a lot of pissed off dead players blocking everything :P. Otherwise, nice plugin.

rambomst 06-18-2010 06:42

I will upload a new version in a sec which allow players to walk through ghosts but ghosts can't walk through players so there is no player blocking by the ghosts. I will also mention that for better functionality the use of a no-block plugin is advised.

CTS_AE 06-25-2010 01:45

anyone able to get this to work on the orangebox CSS?

rambomst 06-25-2010 01:48

I just tested this on my CSS surf server after updating everything and it works fine. Make sure you have the OB version of SDKHooks and are you getting any errors about redie in your sm error logs?

CTS_AE 06-25-2010 03:56

sweet got it working thanks!

bouncer 06-25-2010 15:34

Is it possible to somehow make the smoke lighter? Because if you have a 64 slot server or even a 32, this could cause problems and give players very little visibility.

Better yet, what about making the smoke completely disappear? or maybe make like something appear on the floor thats moving? like a moving spray? idk just some idea.
I think it's kinda bad to use smoke because it could block players view.

bobbobagan 07-02-2010 09:27

The description should say "Type !redie into chat to respawn as a ghost" rather than "This server is running !redie" since not many people know what it is, and don't bother using it...

Or perhaps have both, and have my suggestion play on player_death? Just throwing ideas out here :P Works great though btw.

rambomst 07-02-2010 10:51

Version 1.3 is now available. I have updated redie with your suggestion and fixed a bug.

Ninja93 07-02-2010 12:19

Original ES Redie plugin was made by MBchrono http://addons.eventscripts.com/addons/view/mb_redie

Just thought he should have some credits since he made the redie script before ATAMAH

flawless13 08-07-2010 18:11

i was wondering if it is possible to add a flag so that only particular player can use it

skabull 08-28-2010 23:33

Hello,

It would be nice if the ghost is NOBLOCK on players still alive, because sometimes the ghost can block a player alive ...

rambomst 08-28-2010 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by skabull (Post 1284795)
Hello,

It would be nice if the ghost is NOBLOCK on players still alive, because sometimes the ghost can block a player alive ...

I haven't see this happen on my server and I haven't had any complaints of it happening.

Do you have any other addons running which change a players collision group? Could you post a list of all the plugins running on your server?

skabull 08-29-2010 00:36

I do have a NOBLOCK plugin installed on the server that I modified for the NOBLOCK works only with the hostages.

The players themselves have not NOBLOCK, but on maps like CS_ NOBLOCK works with the hostages, so that the CT's are not general for the hostages.

I tried disabling it, but it's similar, I noticed that if the player comes to life by the ghost before it passes through many ...

But if the ghost gets behind the players live, it is clear that slows players live without sticking through ...

Sorry for my English school

santaclaus 08-29-2010 16:18

That's a brillant idea but honestly i've found this plugin by chance/curiosity.

If i was interested in making a surf server, i would have never found this plugin by using the search tool : http://www.sourcemod.net/plugins.php

I would recommend to put "surf" somewhere in the thread title.

rambomst 08-30-2010 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by skabull (Post 1284827)
I do have a NOBLOCK plugin installed on the server that I modified for the NOBLOCK works only with the hostages.

The players themselves have not NOBLOCK, but on maps like CS_ NOBLOCK works with the hostages, so that the CT's are not general for the hostages.

I tried disabling it, but it's similar, I noticed that if the player comes to life by the ghost before it passes through many ...

But if the ghost gets behind the players live, it is clear that slows players live without sticking through ...

Sorry for my English school

I am having issues replicating this problem and I did several tests myself. Ghost players are unable to block alive players on my server.

Quote:

Originally Posted by santaclaus (Post 1285484)
That's a brillant idea but honestly i've found this plugin by chance/curiosity.

If i was interested in making a surf server, i would have never found this plugin by using the search tool : http://www.sourcemod.net/plugins.php

I would recommend to put "surf" somewhere in the thread title.

Well I have added [Surf] to the title, thanks for the suggestion.

CTS_AE 09-12-2010 22:54

Re: [CSS][Surf] Redie

This plugin as well as other redie or any repspawn plugins are crashing my server, anyone else have this issue?
Has happened with all the recent updates to CSS/Engine

Edit: Sdk hooks sounds like a good thing to install first :P
but yeah I had a few plugins break after the recent updates, one of them being some other redie I had, and the respawn on the super admin tools or one of those nice plugins.

Now surftools doesn't work QQ, I loved the plugin.... anyone know how tou udpate it?

Edit: damnit, it crashed the server right when I ran the !redie command in chat.

rambomst 09-13-2010 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTS_AE (Post 1298030)
This plugin as well as other redie or any repspawn plugins are crashing my server, anyone else have this issue?
Has happened with all the recent updates to CSS/Engine

Edit: Sdk hooks sounds like a good thing to install first :P
but yeah I had a few plugins break after the recent updates, one of them being some other redie I had, and the respawn on the super admin tools or one of those nice plugins.

Now surftools doesn't work QQ, I loved the plugin.... anyone know how tou udpate it?

Edit: damnit, it crashed the server right when I ran the !redie command in chat.

Make sure your gamedata files are updated.

CTS_AE 09-24-2010 03:32

what game data files?

SteamUse 09-24-2010 20:08

Plugin failed to compile! Please try contacting the author.

wtf ?

santaclaus 09-25-2010 03:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteamUse (Post 1307865)
Plugin failed to compile! Please try contacting the author.

wtf ?

Quote:

Requirements:

So, download the smx or compile it yourself.

bobbobagan 09-27-2010 01:50

One of our admins have found a bug players have been exploiting with this plugin when used in conjunction with the simple spectate plugin

If a player dies, they are able to respawn when both plugins are installed using the following method:

1. Player dies
2. Player types !redie into chat and respawns (dead)
3. Player types !spectate and chooses a random player from the list that isn't them self.
4. Player respawns (alive)

Any chance you can fix this?

rambomst 09-30-2010 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbobagan (Post 1309714)
One of our admins have found a bug players have been exploiting with this plugin when used in conjunction with the simple spectate plugin

If a player dies, they are able to respawn when both plugins are installed using the following method:

1. Player dies
2. Player types !redie into chat and respawns (dead)
3. Player types !spectate and chooses a random player from the list that isn't them self.
4. Player respawns (alive)

Any chance you can fix this?

I will look into it.

sEbbo 10-09-2010 13:49

Could you remove the footsteps of the ghosts, the footsteps are annoying ;)

rambomst 10-09-2010 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by sEbbo (Post 1320346)
Could you remove the footsteps of the ghosts, the footsteps are annoying ;)

That isn't possible to do without breaking triggers etc. I originally wanted do to that but I was unable to find a way.

sEbbo 10-09-2010 19:19

So u wont fix that?

rambomst 10-09-2010 19:20

There is no way to fix it without causing other issues. Footsteps are handled server side so you can't simply block them.

sEbbo 10-09-2010 19:23

Aha, thank you for your answear :)

muffin89 12-16-2010 01:46

Poissible to make player be able to die when they done !redie ?

And when they die, they get back to normal spec as they would if they died when they where alive.

If possible, could anyone help me out with it? =)

rambomst 12-16-2010 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin89 (Post 1371957)
Poissible to make player be able to die when they done !redie ?

And when they die, they get back to normal spec as they would if they died when they where alive.

If possible, could anyone help me out with it? =)

Yeah I will add a chat command to allow players to go back to spectating like normal. Give me a few days as I am pretty busy atm.

muffin89 12-17-2010 11:16

Oh :P what i meant was. I want the players be able to die by normal dmg. What i mean is like:

Ghost = 100 hp = able to die if hit by any obestacle (Falldamage, collosion damage etc)

If u could make that it would be very usefull. And if they die as ghost they get back to normal view as dead. So they need to retype !redie.

I appriciate it mate :)

rambomst 12-17-2010 20:31

The whole point of redie is so you don't die.

muffin89 12-20-2010 01:38

Yes, but could you add it as a opotion. Reason: If possible this mod can be used on other mods than surf :)

Thnx for the replies so far :)

cnwund 12-20-2010 06:29

i would, that the tīs cant take weapons with them. How can i do this?

cnwund 12-26-2010 12:47

--push--

rambomst 12-26-2010 18:26

They can't take weapons with them...

helaroa 12-29-2010 08:55

hi i have a problem with downloading your plugin when i click "get plugin" i see the folowing message "Plugin failed to compile! Please try contacting the author"
help please i need this plugin!