AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   News (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed. (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=212948)

psychonic 04-08-2013 17:32

SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

SourceMod 1.5 is getting ever-closer completion and translatable strings are now frozen.

Translators now have a few weeks to update their languages.
There have been a few new phrases added to allow further localization, and you can use the translator tool to see what they are. When it comes time to release, we'll only export languages that have complete string support.

If after some time you notice that your native language isn't complete and you would like to help, please file a bug to be added as a translator.

SourceMod 1.5 will be a new major release including the following and more.
  • Official support for CS:GO (finally).
  • Overdue update of the SQLite library to current.
  • Better support for handling max human players and partial map names in L4D, L4D2, and Swarm (along with CS:GO).
  • Added SDK Hooks as a first-party extension.
  • Split all ep2v games to their own "engines" (only CS:S is done at the moment, the rest will be done before release. More on this later)
  • Added more native functionality for TF2 and CS:S.
  • Added support for runoff voting in mapchooser.
  • Added ability to use admin overrides with regular console commands.
  • Better validation of Steam IDs in the auth system to prevent even the craftiest of abuse.
  • Fixes for multiple issues with cloned handles.
  • And much more.

A final changelog, final list of api changes, and notes on compatibility changes with the ep2v extension binarys and gamedata will be available closer to or at time of actual release.

We really, really are finally getting this wrapped up after numerous delays, trying to keep up with Valve's updates to various games. It's been mostly feature-frozen for a while now, with work already started on 1.6. After strings are translated and some last compatibility changes are complete, we will finally be able to ship the stable SM 1.5.0 release.

IcEWoLF 04-08-2013 21:53

Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Very nice!

zeroibis 04-08-2013 22:52

Great work!

Sillium 04-09-2013 01:02

Looking forward to it! Thanks for the great work you all are doing here!

FlyveHest 04-09-2013 02:05

Thanks a million for the fantastic work you're doing.

ntp 04-09-2013 03:00

does this fix the segmentation faults i get with map changes with the latest srcds update. i cant upload the core dump because its 500+mb

psychonic 04-09-2013 07:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntp (Post 1929238)
does this fix the segmentation faults i get with map changes with the latest srcds update. i cant upload the core dump because its 500+mb

Can you please file a bug (forum email address and password to login)

Give as much info as you have. Game, OS Distro and version, output of "meta version", output of "meta game", exact steps to reproduce.

monkie 04-09-2013 08:20

Chinese Simplified language pack has been updated completely!

psychonic 04-09-2013 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkie (Post 1929317)
Chinese Simplified language pack has been updated completely!

Thanks! And same to everyone else that has translated phrases so far.

To people that have recently filed bugs to become translators, I will get to those in just a little bit.

Afronanny 04-09-2013 09:20

What about the patches I've submitted that have been ignored? One of them is a crash fix. Will those be included? or are you going to keep ignoring them

psychonic 04-09-2013 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afronanny (Post 1929349)
What about the patches I've submitted that have been ignored? One of them is a crash fix. Will those be included? or are you going to keep ignoring them

Please don't accuse us (or me, not sure which form of the word "you" that you were going for) of actively ignoring bugs as that is rarely, if ever the case.

Things can slip through the cracks as all of the work on this only occurs in portions of our spare time, which can be minimal at times.

What patches? Can you link the bugs here? I'll try to take a look later today.

K.K.Lv 04-09-2013 11:59

1 Attachment(s)
What ?
My user name or password is invalid ?
What happen ?https://forums.alliedmods.net/attach...1&d=1365523140

Despirator 04-09-2013 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.K.Lv (Post 1929429)
What ?

email is required instead of login

Powerlord 04-09-2013 14:20

Has Valve indicated that they're going to be changing how updates to HL2:DM and DoD:S are done? Just seems a bit odd that they're being spun out into their own engines if they're identical to TF2 in every way.

psychonic 04-09-2013 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerlord (Post 1929541)
Has Valve indicated that they're going to be changing how updates to HL2:DM and DoD:S are done? Just seems a bit odd that they're being spun out into their own engines if they're identical to TF2 in every way.

With the Steampipe update, they no longer share a set of engine binaries; each game ships with their own.

According to Fletcher, in practice, they'll probably do future updates for TF2 ahead of the rest, and then likely update CS:S, DoD:S, and HL2:DM at the same time at around the same interval as the previous CS:S "syncs", but even that isn't set in stone. They can update each game independently now.

We're trying to get ahead this time instead of having to scramble more than usual when there are breaking engine changes.

asherkin 04-09-2013 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.K.Lv (Post 1929429)
What ?

You are not listed as a translator for any languages. Please see the instructions in the first post for how to apply.

ntp 04-09-2013 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 1929555)
With the Steampipe update, they no longer share a set of engine binaries; each game ships with their own.

According to Fletcher, in practice, they'll probably do future updates for TF2 ahead of the rest, and then likely update CS:S, DoD:S, and HL2:DM at the same time at around the same interval as the previous CS:S "syncs", but even that isn't set in stone. They can update each game independently now.

We're trying to get ahead this time instead of having to scramble more than usual when there are breaking engine changes.

that means that the Steampipe update has already happened for servers?

psychonic 04-09-2013 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntp (Post 1929757)
that means that the Steampipe update has already happened for servers?

For DoD:S and HL2:DM, yes.

DoPe^ 04-10-2013 12:37

Danish language has been updated completely :p

ntp 04-10-2013 12:47

is there any chance that plugins broke after the latest tf2 updates?

Tabajara 7.7 04-10-2013 17:39

I would like to help at Portuguese language ( PT-Brazilian ) :)
EDIT: Oh now i check that is already done. Ops sorry! xd
Good job SM Team. I wish good luck.

Franc1sco 04-11-2013 04:34

Nice work

btw, spanish language updated :)

Shaman 04-12-2013 18:05

Turkish done!

Huntereb 04-16-2013 11:50

Is anyone working on a version of Sourcemod for Garry's Mod 13? I'm wondering because it's not in beta anymore, therefore I would think major engine changes have subsided enough to be able to come up with a port. If not, does anyone know when something like this will come?

psychonic 04-16-2013 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huntereb (Post 1933684)
Is anyone working on a version of Sourcemod for Garry's Mod 13? I'm wondering because it's not in beta anymore, therefore I would think major engine changes have subsided enough to be able to come up with a port. If not, does anyone know when something like this will come?

There is no new news on that front.

asherkin 04-16-2013 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huntereb (Post 1933684)

As far as I'm aware, none of the SM team is actively working on it, nor have any plans to in the near future, as we've been saying for a while now.

Garry made lots of large and pointless changes among his other improvements that serve no purpose other than to make compatibility a pain, and supporting newer Valve games is a much higher priority.

Huntereb 04-16-2013 12:02

Alright, I guess I can work with the broken new lua setup for getting and creating plugins. It would just be a lot easier to work with because of how many more capabilities Sourcemod has over the built in lua engine, not to mention the fact that after 13 came out, almost all of my previous knowledge of lua coding in Garry's Mod died because of how much he changed (I agree with ya asherkin, pointless changes making compatibility a pain).

Thanks for the quick responses!

Klauus 04-18-2013 10:48

Yesterday I downloaded snapshot but now will not let me, and when all the content added to the root cstrike, I put in the server console "meta list" and said "No plugins loaded" however when I write plugin_print put the metamod enabled, you could help me?

I Tried
Sourcemod 1.4.7 + Metamod 1.9.2 (It did not work after the update, can't load SM)
Sourcemod 1.5.0 + Metamod 1.9.2 (Not load SM too when i write meta list and restart my server)

Mr. Man 04-18-2013 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 1928964)
SourceMod 1.5 is getting ever-closer completion and translatable strings are now frozen.

-snip-

Is this the reason why I can't access any SM or MM snapshots on these two pages? http://www.sourcemod.net/snapshots.php, http://www.sourcemm.net/snapshots

asherkin 04-18-2013 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Man (Post 1935130)
Is this the reason why I can't access any SM or MM snapshots on these two pages? http://www.sourcemod.net/snapshots.php, http://www.sourcemm.net/snapshots

I'm not sure how you could miss the announcement at the top of every single forum, I'll edit the theme to make it fluorescent rainbow colours next time.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/announ....php?f=59&a=42

Mr. Man 04-18-2013 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by asherkin (Post 1935133)
I'm not sure how you could miss the announcement at the top of every single forum, I'll edit the theme to make it fluorescent rainbow colours next time.

It would probably be a good idea to move announcements to the top of the forum listing. I couldn't even find the donation page until I manually searched for it on Google. ITT: reasons why I hate vBulletin ;)

Klauus 04-18-2013 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by asherkin (Post 1935133)

But SM 1.5 is stable for MM 1.9.2?

YamiKaitou 04-18-2013 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Man (Post 1935140)
It would probably be a good idea to move announcements to the top of the forum listing.

It already is... It is the top most thread in every section on the forums

Quote:

I couldn't even find the donation page until I manually searched for it on Google.
You didn't see it on the left side at sourcemod.net ?

Mr. Man 04-18-2013 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiKaitou (Post 1935163)
It already is... It is the top most thread in every section on the forums

You didn't see it on the left side at sourcemod.net ?

I was talking about the entire news section. I didn't notice the announcement until after I've read a thread. And I usually scan for the news section in any forum, which are usually located on the very top of listing, for new changes. Then again, I blame myself for bookmarking the forum section of AM instead of the main site.

Powerlord 04-18-2013 13:08

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Man (Post 1935177)
I was talking about the entire news section. I didn't notice the announcement until after I've read a thread. And I usually scan for the news section in any forum, which are usually located on the very top of listing, for new changes. Then again, I blame myself for bookmarking the forum section of AM instead of the main site.

It's... right above this thread on the News board...

Mr. Man 04-18-2013 13:15

I am talking about this:

http://i47.tinypic.com/s25gup.png

Edit: Holy God vB doesn't resize images like xF does. I've noticed that I miss a lot of SM news development because I don't even bother scrolling down. Then again, for sanity/organization reasons, you should keep them separate.

Quote:

I blame myself for bookmarking the forum section of AM instead of the main site.

asherkin 04-18-2013 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Man (Post 1935202)
I am talking about this

AlliedModders is a forum for several separate products, most people who only care about SourceMod enter from the SourceMod category (hence the reorder we did a while back to make this easier for people).

You can also collapse sections you don't care about, this is my home page of the site.

I know this doesn't help at all now, but hopefully it might make your experience browsing AM less frictional.

As an addendum, that notice is at the top of every single category on the forum, not just this one. The notice box at the top of the index isn't very useful for stuff like this as it has a very tiny content area.

Mr. Man 04-18-2013 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by asherkin (Post 1935387)
AlliedModders is a forum for several separate products, most people who only care about SourceMod enter from the SourceMod category (hence the reorder we did a while back to make this easier for people).

You can also collapse sections you don't care about, this is my home page of the site.

I know this doesn't help at all now, but hopefully it might make your experience browsing AM less frictional.

As an addendum, that notice is at the top of every single category on the forum, not just this one. The notice box at the top of the index isn't very useful for stuff like this as it has a very tiny content area.

No worries. I'll just start paying attention. :fox:

Powerlord 04-18-2013 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by asherkin (Post 1935387)

Actually, the announcement is only at the top of every board and doesn't appear on category pages (including the forums' entry page) at all. Which I believe was Mr. Man's complaint.

oscar191 04-19-2013 15:18

Is it out?
Wer can i find it?