AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Object-Browser/Translations (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=259917)

_AeonOne_ 03-15-2015 15:58

RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Object-Browser/Translations

hi @ all

SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor
SPEdit (SP-Edit) is an Editor for Sourcepawn with several features to make the coding in sp easy for you. It's written fully in C# with WPF to provide you a great UI-experience. It comes with standart Sourcemod installations but you can customize it fully on your own.
SPEdit can only run on windows!!!

List of some Features:
  • Compiling-Config System (fully customizeable)
  • Syntaxhighlighting (parsed from the include directory / fully customizeable)
  • Autocomplete (parsed from the include directory)
  • Intellisense (parsed from the include directory)
  • Sourcepawn Templates (customizeable)
  • Copying after/before compiling (& Pre/Post commandlines)
  • FTP Upload
  • Serverstart Feature
  • Code folding
  • Editor Docking
  • API Reference (plus link to API-websites)
  • Highlight Deprecated 1.6 Syntax
  • Brackethighlighting
  • Auto-Indentation (active and passive)
  • Errors/Warnings List
  • Syntax Reformatter (Syntax Tidy / Line Reformatter)
  • Auto-Updating
  • Lysis Decompiler (Improved Version)
  • smx Disassembler (Fixed)
  • RCon Querying
  • Dynamic Autocomplete/Intellisense from all opened include-files
  • Auto bracket-closing
  • Object browser [NEW]
  • Translations (English, German, French, Swedish, Russian, Portuguese, Turkish, Korean, Polish, Chinese) [NEW]

http://i.imgur.com/69M45hz.png

http://i.imgur.com/HfkpVut.png

Source:
The Project and Sourcecode is fully available on GitHub.
You are free to add issues or pull-requests.

Download:
Current Version: 1.2.0.2
You can Install the editor (Recommended) or download a standalone folder.
But the installer will also install file associations to *.sp an *.inc if you want.
The Program needs the .NET 4.5 Framework to work.
FAQ:
I found a bug, where can i report it?
When your are able to recreate this bug, start the editor with the "-safe" argument. A crashlog will then be created after the editor crashed.
You can report a Bug here or just write me a pm or post into this thread here.

And more:
Spoiler

How To:
Open Scripts:
When you installed the editor, you have many choices of how to open scripts.
You can open them via: double click on a script or include (if you associated the files), right click->'Edit Sourcepawn Script' (if you associated the files), Files->Open in the editor, Drag&Drop into the editor, start with commandline.

Syntaxhighlighting/Autocompletition/Intellisense:
Like said above, all informations for the three, are getting parsed from the include directory.
Where this directory is, is defined on your current loaded config.

Compiling/Copying/Serverstart/FTP upload:
You can compile all opened Scripts on F5. To just compile your current script, use F6.
Press F7 to manually copy all compiled files.
Press F8 to upload all compiled files to a FTP Server.
Press F9 to execute your server.
All actions/directorys/addresses/credentials are defined in the current loaded config.

Configs:
The configs are a main part in SPEdit. They control, how the whole compiling process works.
The SPEdit comes per default with three configs. (SM 1.7, SM 1.7 with SMLib 0.9.7 and SM 1.6).
They can simply be loaded by clicking on them in the 'configurations' menu. You can also edit them
easily or create new ones/delete old ones.
It's recommended, that you create own configs for big projects with their own include directory.

Changelog:
Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/3vhgnqZ.png

I'd also love to get feedback.
Hope, you like it.
reegards Aeon

Oshizu 03-16-2015 04:07

Re: [Release] SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor

Woah, that was rather quite was public release

Good job :D

Bara 03-16-2015 08:03

Nice! I use it already for some projects.

Bye Atom. :up:

nergal 03-16-2015 09:56

>coded in C# .NET
>using Ubuntu Linux

(╯ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╯︵ /(.□ . \)

WildCard65 03-16-2015 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by nergal (Post 2274466)
>coded in C# .NET
>using Ubuntu Linux

(╯ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╯︵ /(.□ . \)

mono?

Drixevel 03-16-2015 11:21

Only thing I'd like to see done at the current moment is a button in the build menu that allows you to do all of the actions at once with one hotkey. (IE: Build, Copy/Upload, Start server(maybe))

_AeonOne_ 03-16-2015 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildCard65 (Post 2274502)
mono?

Nope sry.
WPF is not supported by mono.
So SPEdit can only run on Windows.

nergal 03-16-2015 15:38

can someone port this to linux?

_AeonOne_ 03-16-2015 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by nergal (Post 2274616)
can someone port this to linux?

To explain it in detail:
Absolutely no! SPEdit fully utilizes WPF for big parts of the code. A port to Linux via Mono, would require to rewrite every WPF-dependent aspect of the program to Windows.Forms .
But thats impossible because various core parts of the program (TextEditor, EditorDock, Windowbase, etc.)
are written for and only WPF.
It's possible to host them in Windows.Forms yes, but that does not make it more compatible.
A port to any other System than windows, would be equally to a rewrite of the program.

I'am fully aware that a big part of the AlliedModders community is running Linux or other os.
But i cannot do anything for cross-compatibility and since the mono community don't want to port WPF (which is quite reasonable) no port of SPEdit will ever exist.
It's simply not possible with SPEdit. Sorry.

nergal 03-16-2015 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by _AeonOne_ (Post 2274631)
To explain it in detail:
Absolutely no! SPEdit fully utilizes WPF for big parts of the code. A port to Linux via Mono, would require to rewrite every WPF-dependent aspect of the program to Windows.Forms .
But thats impossible because various core parts of the program (TextEditor, EditorDock, Windowbase, etc.)
are written for and only WPF.
It's possible to host them in Windows.Forms yes, but that does not make it more compatible.
A port to any other System than windows, would be equally to a rewrite of the program.

I'am fully aware that a big part of the AlliedModders community is running Linux or other os.
But i cannot do anything for cross-compatibility and since the mono community don't want to port WPF (which is quite reasonable) no port of SPEdit will ever exist.
It's simply not possible with SPEdit. Sorry.

I tried to run this on WINE as well but it didn't work.

If I can make this run on WINE, I'll report back

EDIT: Tried it out on my windows computer, program crashed as soon as it started up, what does that mean?

Wilczek 03-16-2015 16:36

Is there any way to close the compiler error logs? It takes 1/4 of my screen and it's rather annoying to grab the separating bar every time up and down.

Yeah, I could probably write better code, but it's not possible for now :P

Nvm, I'm dumb. You can just press Esc -.-

Powerlord 03-17-2015 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by nergal (Post 2274642)
I tried to run this on WINE as well but it didn't work.

If I can make this run on WINE, I'll report back

EDIT: Tried it out on my windows computer, program crashed as soon as it started up, what does that mean?

Do .NET apps even run in WINE? .NET apps require the .NET dlls be installed, but WINE Is Not an Emulator... it's a replacement for the Windows core DLLs.

nergal 03-17-2015 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerlord (Post 2274864)
Do .NET apps even run in WINE? .NET apps require the .NET dlls be installed, but WINE Is Not an Emulator... it's a replacement for the Windows core DLLs.

They do run in WINE, ASSUMING you have the CORRECT .NET .dll's...

_AeonOne_ 03-18-2015 15:27

Quote:

Thats sounds like you didn't install the .NET framewrok (or the right one).

Quote:

Is there any way to close the compiler error logs? It takes 1/4 of my screen and it's rather annoying to grab the separating bar every time up and down.

Yeah, I could probably write better code, but it's not possible for now

Nvm, I'm dumb. You can just press Esc -.-
g** :D :D
i think i'll make this more obvious in the next version ^^

nergal 03-18-2015 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by _AeonOne_ (Post 2275301)
Thats sounds like you didn't install the .NET framewrok (or the right one).

Which framework does this require? \( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)/

Pelipoika 03-19-2015 05:33

How do i set the include directory to C:\Users\me\Dropbox\Private\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\gmg\fraglaunch\scripting because when i just paste that into the include directory it doesnt work

_AeonOne_ 03-19-2015 05:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelipoika (Post 2275491)
How do i set the include directory to C:\Users\me\Dropbox\Private\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\gmg\fraglaunch\scripting because when i just paste that into the include directory it doesnt work

Is the space in "sourcemod\ scripting" intended?
What fails? No Autocomplete? Did you checked the Parsed-Api Window? What is in There?

EDIT:
@nergal: .NET 4.5 is minimum

Pelipoika 03-19-2015 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by _AeonOne_ (Post 2275493)
Is the space in "sourcemod\ scripting" intended?
What fails? No Autocomplete? Did you checked the Parsed-Api Window? What is in There?

Removed the space, works now
Guess i should check the paths after i have i copied them.

_AeonOne_ 03-21-2015 08:00

A new Update is available.
Quote:

New/Added:
- Syntax Reformatter (Syntax Tidy)
- Expand/Collapse Folding

Fixed:
- Highlighting bug on string-char combination
- Crash on save-dialog while closing
- Not saved/encrypted FTP-passwords on first startup.
How to Update:
  • You can Download the Installer here
  • You can download the standalone-zip here.
  • When you already installed it, you can open it, and use Tools->Check for Updates.
    If you enabled autoupdating, then just open the editor, wait 1-2 seconds. And close it.

_AeonOne_ 03-26-2015 10:38

Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler

A new Update is available.
The Big SMX Update.
Quote:

New/Added:
- Lysis Decompiler (Improved Version)
- smxdasm Dissassembler
- Native scrolling (1 line/tick)
- Improved Definition-Window

Fixed:
- No indentation on singleline-cmds (if, else, while, for)
How to Update:
Credits to:
SmxViewer: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=247653
Lysis: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=170898
BAILOPAN, which provided some help/suggestions for this release.

Some Impressions:

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images...peditDasm1.png

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images...editLysis1.png

turtsmcgurts 03-26-2015 14:05

Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler

Any chances you could add in something like #region?

Code:

//region Variables

your variables

//endregion

would be very convenient. great job with spedit, has taken the place of np++ for me.

thorgot 03-26-2015 21:30

Is there a way to turn on word wrap? Or can there be?

Love the program so far!

Tank Missile 03-26-2015 23:21

Loving the editor so far. It's a needed improvement to Pawn Studio, which was buggy as hell and crashed by doing the smallest thing. A couple gripes I have with it though:

- Every time there's an update, my configurations and settings get reset.

- The icon for smx and sp files are exactly the same. It becomes hard to differentiate them.

- When searching for a directory to use for includes, copying, etc, there are no "directory search" buttons like other programs have.

- The Commandline boxes can not be re-sized, making it hard to read more than 3 lines of batch code.

- Viewing the references ({editordir, {scriptdir}, etc) for the Commandline is slightly annoying since I have to expand a list rather than seeing them in broad view.

- When updating, having to start the program, and then shut it off seems a little finicky. It also seems more logical to re-display the installer gui for configuring newly added features (smx file association, etc) so that I don't have to download the newest installer manually.

- "Reset all Settings to default" should ask if your sure you really want to do this, since its so easy to accidentally click it and erase your settings. Also, why do I need to restart the editor to do that?

- Actions such as save, undo, redo, etc, should be displayed in some kind of tool bar instead of having to memorize keys.

- There is no way to close the "Find & Replace" dialog box.

_AeonOne_ 03-27-2015 05:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtsmcgurts (Post 2278338)
Any chances you could add in something like #region?

Code:

//region Variables

your variables

//endregion

would be very convenient. great job with spedit, has taken the place of np++ for me.

This would be suprisingly easy but I dont feel really well by implementing Editor-Only solutions for something like that. :/
And nice to know ^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by thorgot (Post 2278503)
Is there a way to turn on word wrap? Or can there be?

Love the program so far!

Yes. Tools->Options->Editor->Word Wrap
thanks ^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tank Missile (Post 2278529)
Loving the editor so far. It's a needed improvement to Pawn Studio, which was buggy as hell and crashed by doing the smallest thing. A couple gripes I have with it though:

- Every time there's an update, my configurations and settings get reset.

- The icon for smx and sp files are exactly the same. It becomes hard to differentiate them.

- When searching for a directory to use for includes, copying, etc, there are no "directory search" buttons like other programs have.

- The Commandline boxes can not be re-sized, making it hard to read more than 3 lines of batch code.

- Viewing the references ({editordir, {scriptdir}, etc) for the Commandline is slightly annoying since I have to expand a list rather than seeing them in broad view.

- When updating, having to start the program, and then shut it off seems a little finicky. It also seems more logical to re-display the installer gui for configuring newly added features (smx file association, etc) so that I don't have to download the newest installer manually.

- "Reset all Settings to default" should ask if your sure you really want to do this, since its so easy to accidentally click it and erase your settings. Also, why do I need to restart the editor to do that?

- Actions such as save, undo, redo, etc, should be displayed in some kind of tool bar instead of having to memorize keys.

- There is no way to close the "Find & Replace" dialog box.

• The Update controlled by the Editor (Tools->Check for Updates) should preserve them. The reinstallers are intended to reset them if there are already ones.

• Uhhm i think about different icons for them ;)

• I'll add them.

• There can be scrolled so i thought it'll be enough. I'll make them bigger in Future.

• Yeay this was more a "nice to have" thing. I didnt knew how to come up with a better solution for the UI since a list would waste to much space, so ideas are alwas welcome :D

• - This is just the nature of updating. You'll need another instance which does the Update but the
editor controlls this instance ^^
- I'll add that ;)

• I'll add that too.

• It is planned. It'll be an optional feature (toggleable in the options menu).

• There is. The search/find-box is toggleable. Means you can close it in the way you opened it. (Ctrl+F at example). But I'll add a close button ^^

thanks for your detailed feedback :)
aeon

Wilczek 03-27-2015 05:59

Could you please add a 'shortcut' to open containing folder? I know you can copy compiled file to another directory, but it doesn't include .sp file, which I want to archive too.

I mean something like this:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ningfolder.jpg

asherkin 03-27-2015 07:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by _AeonOne_ (Post 2278607)
This would be suprisingly easy but I dont feel really well by implementing Editor-Only solutions for something like that. :/

It's an editor feature, where would you expect it to be implemented?

_AeonOne_ 03-27-2015 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilczek (Post 2278609)
Could you please add a 'shortcut' to open containing folder? I know you can copy compiled file to another directory, but it doesn't include .sp file, which I want to archive too.

Uhhm, well you could use the commandline to archieve that ^^
(Configurations->Edit Configurations->Post Buld Commandline - then use something like that:
copy "{scriptfile}" "C:\Backup")

Quote:

Originally Posted by asherkin (Post 2278634)
It's an editor feature, where would you expect it to be implemented?

Nowhere, that's the reason i don't like this in first place. ^^
I don't want to define a specification which is just applyable only in SPEdit.
Don't ask me why but I don't want to ;)

CryWolf 03-27-2015 07:38

One thing to say "amazing"

Thank you.

DeathChaos25 03-27-2015 11:58

This looks like a very much needed improvement over Pawn Studio which crashes over the smallest thing, and while I've never lost significant progress, I'd hate for it to happen.

Will provide feedback.

Wilczek 03-27-2015 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by _AeonOne_ (Post 2278639)
Uhhm, well you could use the commandline to archieve that ^^
(Configurations->Edit Configurations->Post Buld Commandline - then use something like that:
copy "{scriptfile}" "C:\Backup")

Thanks for a tip :) I found a new bug when used it - SPEdit doesn't recognize polish letters and then the copy command fails.

Post-build commandline:
Code:

copy "{scriptfile}" "D:\Użytkownicy\Ja\Dropbox\Moje pluginy SourceMod"
Result:
Code:

C:\Users\Ja\AppData\Roaming\spedit\sourcepawn\configs\sm_one_seven>copy "C:\Users\Ja\AppData\Roaming\spedit\sourcepawn\configs\sm_one_seven\test_plugin.sp" "D:\UĹĽytkownicy\Ja\Dropbox\Moje pluginy SourceMod"
        0 file(s) copied.

After switching to a folder that contains latin letters only, copying works fine.

Miu 03-28-2015 10:21

a ctrl + G shortcut to go to a specified line would be nice

cool editor though!! nice work (:

edit: the indentation is rather awkward and it'd be cool if the autocomplete/intellisense thing worked like visual studio in that you have to press down arrow to select something, atm it's completely impossible to add a newline after e.g. #if defined DEBUG without it autocompleting it to Debug_FloatArray

StealthGus 03-28-2015 14:32

Everytime I try to start a new project or open a project, I get Spedit has stopped working.
Is this a problem on my side? I want to try and use this but it doesn't seem to want to work for me

WhiteThunder 03-28-2015 20:22

I really like the editor so far. Great job!

I especially like the workflow assistance the editor provides such as copying/uploading the file and the ability to run command line programs, but I think you could take it a little farther. For example, reloading the plugin on the server after copying it. I am currently able to achieve this locally by using a command line utility I quickly made that sends an arbitrary command to a server. Here's basically my Post-Build command line:

Code:

copy {scriptdir}\{pluginname} {copydir}\{pluginname}
del {scriptdir}\{pluginname}
rcon.exe -ip localhost -port 27015 -password blah -cmd "sm plugins unload {pluginname}; sm plugins load {pluginname}"

Notice how I had to copy and delete the smx file manually. Both are operations that the editor provides except that the Post-Build command line takes place BEFORE the copy process happens, and you can't load a plugin that isn't there yet, so I had to do them myself. It would be handy to include additional options such as Post-Copy and Post-Upload to increase flexibility.

Furthermore, not everybody has a command line utility to send rcon commands, so it would be neat if that was just built into the editor. The QueryMaster lib does the trick for me.

Miu 03-29-2015 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteThunder (Post 2279264)

I especially like the workflow assistance the editor provides such as copying/uploading the file and the ability to run command line programs, but I think you could take it a little farther. For example, reloading the plugin on the server after copying it. I am currently able to achieve this locally by using a command line utility I quickly made that sends an arbitrary command to a server. Here's basically my Post-Build command line:

Code:

rcon.exe -ip localhost -port 27015 -password blah -cmd "sm plugins unload {pluginname}; sm plugins load {pluginname}"

Notice how I had to copy and delete the smx file manually. Both are operations that the editor provides except that the Post-Build command line takes place BEFORE the copy process happens, and you can't load a plugin that isn't there yet, so I had to do them myself. It would be handy to include additional options such as Post-Copy and Post-Upload to increase flexibility.

Furthermore, not everybody has a command line utility to send rcon commands, so it would be neat if that was just built into the editor. The QueryMaster lib does the trick for me.

do command1 & command2 to have command2 execute after command1 has finished, i.e.,

move {scriptdir}\{pluginname} {copydir} & rcon.exe -ip localhost -port 27015 -password blah -cmd "sm plugins unload {pluginname}; sm plugins load {pluginname}"

WhiteThunder 03-29-2015 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miu (Post 2279496)
do command1 & command2 to have command2 execute after command1 has finished, i.e.,

move {scriptdir}\{pluginname} {copydir} & rcon.exe -ip localhost -port 27015 -password blah -cmd "sm plugins unload {pluginname}; sm plugins load {pluginname}"

The order of the commands executing was not actually an issue for me with the example I provided, though what you have there is obviously more efficient. The ordering issue occurs when you use the editor's built-in functionality of "Auto Copy after Compile" which happens after the build process and after the Post-Build command line. I was merely stating that a Post-Copy command line could be useful for instances such as that although not absolutely necessary.

Miu 03-30-2015 08:06

oh sorry, thought you meant the whole post-build commandline was executed at once ^^

_AeonOne_ 03-31-2015 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by CryWolf (Post 2278643)
One thing to say "amazing"

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathChaos25 (Post 2278709)
This looks like a very much needed improvement over Pawn Studio which crashes over the smallest thing, and while I've never lost significant progress, I'd hate for it to happen.

Will provide feedback.

Thanks ^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilczek (Post 2278759)
Thanks for a tip :) I found a new bug when used it - SPEdit doesn't recognize polish letters and then the copy command fails.

Post-build commandline:
Code:

copy "{scriptfile}" "D:\Użytkownicy\Ja\Dropbox\Moje pluginy SourceMod"
Result:
Code:

C:\Users\Ja\AppData\Roaming\spedit\sourcepawn\configs\sm_one_seven>copy "C:\Users\Ja\AppData\Roaming\spedit\sourcepawn\configs\sm_one_seven\test_plugin.sp" "D:\UĹĽytkownicy\Ja\Dropbox\Moje pluginy SourceMod"
        0 file(s) copied.

After switching to a folder that contains latin letters only, copying works fine.

Well, the editor saves your commands to batches and executes them. So when this doesn't work, then it shouldn't I think. :/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miu (Post 2279032)
a ctrl + G shortcut to go to a specified line would be nice

cool editor though!! nice work (:

edit: the indentation is rather awkward and it'd be cool if the autocomplete/intellisense thing worked like visual studio in that you have to press down arrow to select something, atm it's completely impossible to add a newline after e.g. #if defined DEBUG without it autocompleting it to Debug_FloatArray

- Thanks.
- Will be added thanks ^^
- The indentation is a point of work for now. The Intellisense will get a passive-option which does exactly that but it's not likely to be in the next update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthGus (Post 2279147)
Everytime I try to start a new project or open a project, I get Spedit has stopped working.
Is this a problem on my side? I want to try and use this but it doesn't seem to want to work for me

You have a pm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteThunder (Post 2279264)

Code:

Well, i thought about it a long time now..
I really don't know what i should do. I thought of changing the order of commandline and native-copy or add another commandline (a thing I want to prevent..). I'm not pretty sure what to do but I'll see. Thanks for suggesting.

To your rcon-cmd: nice done. But a native implementation is something for the (more or less far) future but thanks for suggesting anyway. ^^

WhiteThunder 04-05-2015 15:56

I have used the editor a lot recently and I have some more feedback.

The find/replace dialog constantly annoys me. I should be able to press escape to close it rather than just ctrl+f. When opening the dialog, it should also select what was there previously so I can quickly change it.

The upload feature does not work if you have copy/delete selected because it doesn't know where to get the file since being deleted.

The "include" directory in the build configuration is misleading since it's apparently expected to actually be the directory which contains an "include" directory AND the spcomp.exe. It would be nice to have a separate option for specifying where the compiler is located, and the "include" directory should be the actual include directory.

Due to the limitations with the upload and command line features, I am finding I am simply doing it all myself from command line which defeats the purpose of having it all in the editor. As I said in an earlier post, adding more command line hooks such as Post-Copy and Post-Upload would be very useful. You seem to have the idea that too many boxes is a bad thing but more configuration options can only be good imo.

I just noticed you have already been working on adding built-in RCON support so thanks for listening to my feedback! :)

barel31 04-05-2015 22:04

Any way to change the Syntax Reformatter rules?

crayz 04-06-2015 02:51

Nice! I didn't feel like goin' through the hoops of setting up SourcePawn in VS so I ran a quick Google search for an editor. Been using SPEdit for a few hours and I'm happy with it so far, thanks.