AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   AMXX WebCompiler 2020 release! (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=321116)

Barlap 01-25-2020 17:39

AMXX WebCompiler 2020 release!

Hello, recently a well known webcompiler from my country (amx.freakz.ro) was closed.
I've found a solution to bring it back to life on my domain so if you want to compile advanced plugins on web u can use:
https://amx.icegame.ro/ , if u have custom includes use the Send Include prompt showed on website to send us the download link of the include file and will be added in 1-2hours by our moderators.

Airkish 01-25-2020 17:53

Re: Web Compiler 2020 release!

Why would anyone trust this compiler? Source can be stolen, modified, etc.

OciXCrom 01-25-2020 18:52

Don't you mean Web Compiler 2013?

In 2020, people use AMXX 1.8.2, 1.9 and 1.10.
1.8.3 no longer exists, so what you have there is a very old 1.9 dev-build.
1.8.1 is unsupported for 15+ years now, so why is it even included?

Basically web compilers shouldn't even be a thing. You should always compile your plugin locally due to various reasons.

fysiks 01-25-2020 18:55

If you're capable of writing a plugin you can compile locally. There is no good reason to use a potentially malicious webcompiler.

Barlap 01-26-2020 22:40

We still use 1.8.1 till 1.8.3 , i just want to help because a webcompiler that i know was closed and other webcompilers on the internet don't let you use your own includes and maybie some users don't know how to compile local so i want to help other users.
It's simple, if u want use it, if you don't want just don't use it :)

OciXCrom 01-27-2020 06:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barlap (Post 2681757)
We still use 1.8.1 till 1.8.3

Who is "we"? Nobody uses/should use 1.8.1 anymore. What's the point? You can't even run most new plugins on 1.8.1.

There's no point of putting 2020 in the name when you don't support 2020 up-to-date versions. I call that false advertising.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barlap (Post 2681757)
other webcompilers on the internet don't let you use your own includes

This one doesn't either. What if my custom include differs from the one you have uploaded there? Basically the plugin won't work.

Barlap 01-27-2020 11:54

Re: AMXX WebCompiler 2020 release!

I understand you :) so to please all peoples i will add this week latest amxx versions.
If you want you can sugest me versions and includes that should be present in the compiler.

OciXCrom 01-27-2020 13:22

Like I said - 1.8.2 is the current official stable build. Others before this one are no longer supported.

1.9 is in its final testing stages and will soon replace 1.8.2, so you should definitely use that one instead of 1.8.3.

1.10 is where all new features are added, but will not be included in the next official release yet.

These 3 are the ones that should be included.
Bear in mind many people use ReAPI too.

Barlap 01-27-2020 15:08

I will add 1.9 since it's in final stage testing, and also 1.8.1/1.8.2 and 1.8.3 will still be available for users.

thEsp 01-27-2020 16:13

I did a basic test with Lysis and I think it's clean. But yes, Oci got a steady point, compiling locally on your PC and with the latest official version is the best option. As a project, sure, not bad to be fair honest, but not for daily basis.

:)

OciXCrom 01-27-2020 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barlap (Post 2681863)
I will add 1.9 since it's in final stage testing, and also 1.8.1/1.8.2 and 1.8.3 will still be available for users.

1.8.3 is an older 1.9 build.
1.10 is widely used as well.

rtxa 01-29-2020 19:46

Hi Barlap, How can I check which includes have been uploaded? Also take a look to use the latest version of AMXX, I think is 1.10. According to the website, it's compatible with the older versions (1.8.x), so there shouldn't be any problem.

HamletEagle 01-30-2020 04:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barlap (Post 2681863)

1.9 IS 1.8.3
Why would you add both?

Barlap 01-30-2020 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtxa (Post 2682141)
Hi Barlap, How can I check which includes have been uploaded? Also take a look to use the latest version of AMXX, I think is 1.10. According to the website, it's compatible with the older versions (1.8.x), so there shouldn't be any problem.

Hey rxta, if you think this is an important feature, then i will add a list of all includes (there are a lot of them) but for the moment you have a submit button to send me links with includes you need and i will add them ASAP
Also @HamletEagle i don't think it will be a problem if i keep the older versions of amxx on. Anybody use what version he wants. I will make the changes saturday because monday until friday i'm coming very tired from work. Thank you for contructive comments :)

OciXCrom 01-30-2020 13:40

You can just tell us the path to the includes and make them accessible for everybody if they aren't already.

1.8.3 is not an older vesrion. It's an older build of 1.9.
This is the same as having 1.8.2 and 1.8.2 pre-release. It makes no sense.

rtxa 01-30-2020 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barlap (Post 2682192)
Hey rxta, if you think this is an important feature, then i will add a list of all includes (there are a lot of them) but for the moment you have a submit button to send me links with includes you need and i will add them ASAP
Also @HamletEagle i don't think it will be a problem if i keep the older versions of amxx on. Anybody use what version he wants. I will make the changes saturday because monday until friday i'm coming very tired from work. Thank you for contructive comments :)

Your welcome, it's seems that the forum has some rude beheaviour here, not soo friendly or just posting for the sake of posting, so just ignore it :P

About that, it's an important feature because maybe my plugin has some includes than you don't have, so if you make some sort of list to check that easily that would be cool.

It's true that version 1.8.3 is actually version 1.9, it's was renamed, so that means 1.8.3 is an older build, just use the latest build of 1.9.

fysiks 01-31-2020 00:17

And how are you going to handle when two different people need two different versions of the same include file?

Barlap 01-31-2020 00:35

@fysiks, Why whould it be different versions of same include? If its a differnt version of the same include modified by submitter i will rename the include and he just simply change include name in his source code. For example (colorchat.inc is very is a very used inc, if somebody has a modified version it will be renamed by submitter when he sends link to his includes via "submit include" on the website)
Each user will be informed via email when his include was added.

Also @rtxa i will do some tests and i will replace current 1.8.3 with 1.9 and for each version will be added a list of includes, btw until then you can simply figure it out if specified include is not present in the compilator just by trying to compile it, if the specified inc it's not available it will fail with specific error regarding your inc

redivcram 01-31-2020 12:19

People really get offended when they receive critiques and opinions on their ideas they do not agree with.
All of this political bollocks could've been reduced to a simple thought.

Online compilers are the exact same thing as an offline compiler, except that they offer only one and only thing:
  • You are uploading your source file to a server which can, without your knowledge, get saved and stolen by the server's host.

I've been using online compilers for a longer time before when I wasn't thinking this way at all. I was even too lazy to figure out or just read online for a simple hint or tutorial on how to use the local compiler. It's better because of many reasons:
  • It does not matter what version you should use. Anything you can download from AMX Mod X's official website can be of use on your own computer, however you intend it to be used.
  • INC Libraries (Include files). Many web compilers lack an option to upload your own .inc file, which is needed for your plugins to compile. Again, everything can be done locally without much effort.
  • Many IDEs can be set up to use your local compiler and compile your plugin right away as you're writing it by just clicking the universal "Run" button. You can set the output directory to your plugins folder, even.

This doesn't have much to do with the second topic going on in this thread about AMXX versions, but you could basically use any version you want on your own computer. It's your computer.

In conclusion, Web Compilers should be avoided and serve absolutely no point other than risking getting your plugin source stolen as much as any personal data on suspicious sites. Other than risk, It is far more than pointless and costs you extra work you can instead do with a push of a button.

Barlap 01-31-2020 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by redivcram (Post 2682291)
People really get offended when they receive critiques and opinions on their ideas they do not agree with.

Online compilers are the exact same thing as an offline compiler, except that they offer only one and only thing:
  • You are uploading your source file to a server which can, without your knowledge, get saved and stolen by the server's host.

I've been using online compilers for a longer time before when I wasn't thinking this way at all. I was even too lazy to figure out or just read online for a simple hint or tutorial on how to use the local compiler. It's better because of many reasons:
  • It does not matter what version you should use. Anything you can download from AMX Mod X's official website can be of use on your own computer, however you intend it to be used.
  • INC Libraries (Include files). Many web compilers lack an option to upload your own .inc file, which is needed for your plugins to compile. Again, everything can be done locally without much effort.
  • Many IDEs can be set up to use your local compiler and compile your plugin right away as you're writing it by just clicking the universal "Run" button. You can set the output directory to your plugins folder, even.

This doesn't have much to do with the second topic going on in this thread about AMXX versions, but you could basically use any version you want on your own computer. It's your computer.

In conclusion, Web Compilers should be avoided and serve absolutely no point other than risking getting your plugin source stolen as much as any personal data on suspicious sites. Other than risk, It is far more than pointless and costs you extra work you can instead do with a push of a button.

Bro if you want to compile top secret plugins and you're afraid of being stolen from you... just use local compiler. I do this for people who want to compile their plugins easy.
UPDATE: Added AMX Mod X 1.9 and AMX Mod X 1.10-dev

I will add soon list of public includes.

redivcram 01-31-2020 17:03

I don't want you to stop updating your site, I am only spreading awareness. I used to compile through some freakz.ro web compiler or something. I don't support web compilers because they are pointless to me, but since you already read my only downside through my experience with them, you can add an upload option for include files that get removed after like 15 minutes or so for people with their own include files.

DruGzOG 01-31-2020 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by redivcram (Post 2682291)

Where are you getting this from?
I use the web compiler when I'm not at home to test small things either thru my phone or my work laptop. There are some benefits, but to each is own.

fysiks 01-31-2020 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by DruGzOG (Post 2682333)
I use the web compiler when I'm not at home to test small things either thru my phone or my work laptop. There are some benefits, but to each is own.

And how in the world do you test a plugin on a device that cannot run either a server or a game??

DjSoftero 02-01-2020 05:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 2682341)
And how in the world do you test a plugin on a device that cannot run either a server or a game??

I guess to check whether it compiles at all

DruGzOG 02-01-2020 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 2682341)

You're still able to download the compiled file and upload to server(s) via your phone or any device. I upload, change map via console thru the panel I have and see if it works, test different plugins during work free time and get things done on my end when something is needed or a problem arises.

redivcram 02-01-2020 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by DruGzOG (Post 2682333)

Weird, but your own determination of risk and yes, each to its own.

Fuck For Fun 02-05-2020 05:15

AMX MOD X 1.10? where is the release? im using 1.9.0

OciXCrom 02-05-2020 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuck For Fun (Post 2682797)

https://www.amxmodx.org/downloads-new.php?branch=master

fysiks 02-05-2020 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuck For Fun (Post 2682797)

Technically speaking (and to clarify), it's not "released". It's the new beta version. Version 1.9.0 hasn't even been "released" yet.

Fuck For Fun 02-07-2020 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by OciXCrom (Post 2682810)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 2682884)
Technically speaking (and to clarify), it's not "released". It's the new beta version. Version 1.9.0 hasn't even been "released" yet.

Nice to hear that over time, I'm now at 1.9.0 but I doubt seeing the changes they made because there are plenty of things that need to be worked on in terms of server emax

Barlap 02-10-2020 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 2683252)
Exactly.. this entire thread should just be trashed.. i've had hundreds of people come to me asking for help to fix their shitty plugins when in reality all it needed was to be compiled locally on the correct version.

I don't know why u hate webcompilers so much....i don't do it for you, i do it for the other people that are not "experts" like you say...as i said before :) if you don't need it, just don't use it
Btw now i'm working adding a huge amount of includes and feature to add includes of your own

redivcram 02-11-2020 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barlap (Post 2683362)
I don't know why u hate webcompilers so much....i don't do it for you, i do it for the other people that are not "experts" like you say...as i said before :) if you don't need it, just don't use it
Btw now i'm working adding a huge amount of includes and feature to add includes of your own

WTF
You don't need to be an expert to setup a bunch of settings in your IDE you don't even need to remember for until you decide to reinstall your system.

JocAnis 02-11-2020 21:06

let him do it if he wants, why not?

maybe its more of testing himself and his skills than the real practice for users, but again it doesnt matter..

fysiks 02-11-2020 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barlap (Post 2683362)
i do it for the other people that are not "experts"

Ironically, that is the most vulnerable group of people that are susceptible to get used to using a webcompiler and then all of a sudden their server has a backdoor.

georgik57 02-22-2020 17:14

I like the work you put into it, but I agree with the rest of the guys. All plug-ins should be compiled locally and the whole idea of a web compiler should just die out.

georgik57 03-04-2020 16:38

Sorry for double posting, but I have a recommendation.
If you know the old server interogator from freakz.ro/server, that's what would be really needed. I used it all the time and if you make one i'll definitely use yours.

fysiks 03-04-2020 20:34

You just posted two things that completely contradict each other.

georgik57 03-05-2020 03:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 2685837)
You just posted two things that completely contradict each other.

No, a server interogator is something else completely. It gets server info(like in gametracker) in real time: name, version, online status, players, add-ons etc. Basically whatever info can be requested externally from a public server.

fysiks 03-06-2020 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgik57 (Post 2685854)
No, a server interogator is something else completely. It gets server info(like in gametracker) in real time: name, version, online status, players, add-ons etc. Basically whatever info can be requested externally from a public server.

Well, then, it doesn't make sense why you posted that at all. This thread is about a web compiler.

georgik57 03-07-2020 05:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 2686049)
Well, then, it doesn't make sense why you posted that at all. This thread is about a web compiler.

I was just suggesting it to op since he seems like he knows his webpage development.