AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved/Old Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Level Mod ( Halo Based ) 0.1 (beta) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=58613)

soccdoodcss 07-30-2007 01:43

Level Mod ( Halo Based ) 0.1 (beta)

1 Attachment(s)
Level Mod 0.1 by Soccdoodcss

This plugin is based off of bungie's Halo 2 Stats System
( http://www.bungie.net/Stats/content....h2statoverview )

Credits: A small portion of code was used from bf2 Rank Mod by pRED* | NZ (about 20 lines).

You earn experience for killing enemies, and lose experience for dying, teamkills, and suicides.

The most you can gain or lose is 150 experience and the least you can gain or lose is 50
experience (unless above level 40, then 25).

The way the gain/loss differs is by your current level and by level difference
(if you are a higher level you are given less and lose more, however if you are a lower level you are given more and lose less).

As you increase levels you are required more experience for the next. Eventually, if you are a high
level and playing low levels it might seem nearly impossible to grow a level because you are constantly
earning little experience and the needed is demanding. However, play with higher levels and you will
gain more experience quicker.

Am thinking of adding bonuses and rewards. However, I am fresh out of ideas. What do you all think would be a good addition?

Only requires nvault for saving data.

If you test on a mod other than counterstrike/condition zero please post your results.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...LevelMod_1.jpg
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...LevelMod_2.jpg

BlackMilk 07-30-2007 05:09

Re: Level Mod ( Halo Based ) 0.1 (beta)

So players can earn experience and level-up, and that's it?
Is this going to be some sort of customizable mod where server owners can input their own names for levels/ranks, define how much levels they are, what experience is needed for each level, and what skills/rewards players get for each level?

Pro Patria Finland 07-30-2007 05:50

You should also show players rank based on experience, for this to start making sense, IMO. Didn't read the code, but if it works, not a bad plugin. It just has no use. :D

BlackMilk 07-30-2007 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro Patria Finland (Post 510064)
You should also show players rank based on experience, for this to start making sense, IMO. Didn't read the code, but if it works, not a bad plugin. It just has no use. :D

Yet. That's why I'm wondering if this might be the first level/XP plugin which server owners can customize themselves.

Xanimos 07-30-2007 09:41

Well, honestly, the point of their level system was used more for matchmaking. They wanted a way of keeping you playing with your skill level. So as you increase your level you played players that had higher levels.

So I don't know what this does besides just tell you that you gained/lossed a level.

soccdoodcss 07-30-2007 10:17

As of right now it simply tells you that you leveled up and when looking at another player on the server, it tells you their name and level. Xanimos you are right about the matchmaking which is why I realize this plugin so far has little use except for leveling up. However like I posted, I want to add bonuses/rewards, which I will do.

PS: If anyone wants to test on a dif mod than cstrike or czero please post your results.

EDIT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackMilk
So players can earn experience and level-up, and that's it?
Is this going to be some sort of customizable mod where server owners can input their own names for levels/ranks, define how much levels they are, what experience is needed for each level, and what skills/rewards players get for each level?

Thats a good idea... I'll try adding a config file which will allow you to control how many levels and the experience needed for each level. And I will get to admin commands like you said which will allow admins to alter players stats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro Patria Finland

I'm not 100% sure what you are asking, go into more details and I'll see what I can do. :wink:

BlackMilk 07-30-2007 16:28

I am deeply intrigued, and I'll definitely check back =]

EDIT: I could try it on SC, but I doubt I'd get anything good out of it xD

pocco299 08-03-2007 05:42

rewards ever 10 levels

level1: nothing

level10: 25 lower gravity

level 20: 5% faster run/walk speed

level 30: a little more pistol damage

level 40: color chat

level 50: 10% faster run/walk speed
those are my ideas. it would be great to see some of them

those are my ideas, it would be great to see some of them.

BlackMilk 08-03-2007 15:09

No offense but if people want the standard type of level/experience equals "powerup" mod they'd go for stuff like Credits Mod or SCXPM.

This has much more potential.

And erm, why make the rewards so specific? I think the whole point of this (besides the skill 'system') plugin is to be very open and possibly even customizable.

Stixsmaster 08-03-2007 18:34

I think you should make it more like the halo mod's way of leveling up...have it so that peeps can choose what skills to improve on...that is very nice...

---Stixsmaster

BlackMilk 08-04-2007 04:29

It doesn't look like there are any skills yet...

vvg125 08-04-2007 04:31

There aren't...

soccdoodcss 08-04-2007 18:58

No skills, wasn't made for skills. However, if people want skills then I shall make skills! Any ideas as to what skills should be included? All ideas are welcome.
Keep the suggestions coming.

BlackMilk 08-05-2007 09:15

Erm, we could try to make a little listing of possibilities...
(mostly taken from other mods)

*Weapon
-More primary/secondary weapons carrying
-More/infinite ammo (hmm, maybe ammo creating with a process?)
-No reloads
-Higher ammo capacity of clips

*Player
-More health/armour obviously
-Gravity manipulation
-Lesser visibility
-Higher moving speed
-Increased jumping abilities
-Health/armour regeneration

*Environment
-Limited Noclipping
-Walljumping/climbing
-Limited teleport

Stuff like that perhaps. Besides this I really like the idea of Credits Mod where you can purchase items such as the climbing equipment, which lets you climb up walls by facing them straight and holding jump and forward, making the game a little more tactical and allowing more efficient and optimized use of environments.

I think the best option would be to include as much stuff like skills/items as possible, and let server owners fill them in for themselves on levels. Or go more like SCXPM/Credits Mod where players can fill in their specializations themselves (with custom costs for each thing) rather than going through a number of levels with pre-selected skills, making all players alike.

Reason I'm suggesting this stuff is because a customizable mod would be, simply bloody awesome and probably the first of it's kind. Server owners looking for a mod with a theme of their own which doesn't yet exist they could make themselves by editing names, levels, skills, costs of items and such.

Let's wildly say that a star wars mod wouldn't yet exist. Anyone interested in that could tune certain level names and ranks to those of eg. Jedi or such, and give players access to lower gravity, force push, blablabla.

I'm getting more ideas while typing this but let's see what soccdoodcss comes up with first =]

soccdoodcss 08-06-2007 14:20

I will take these skills into consideration although the customization may have to be put into another plugin because it probably would take a great deal of time and this was meant to be a more simple experience mod.

BlackMilk 08-06-2007 14:30

I'll take both =]

Pro Patria Finland 08-13-2007 09:55

How about just creating a "fake module" from this one? Do natives such as "get_user_level(player)" , "set_user_level(player)", same for xp, etc.

That way you could do external plugins for this one, aswell as other people could easily do their own plugins using this XP system as the base.

Just a thought.

soccdoodcss 08-13-2007 20:18

I've actually been working on a mod like that. It is basically done bug it has bugs and I am thinking of making it more user friendly by adding features. It is somewhat like superheromod.

Hawk552 08-24-2007 17:17

Useless.

Unapproved.

BlackMilk 09-01-2007 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk552 (Post 522897)
Useless.

Unapproved.

Useless?

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this made with player skill in mind? Guess that if it was useless noone would have downloaded it >.>

Hawk552 09-01-2007 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackMilk (Post 526046)
Useless?

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this made with player skill in mind? Guess that if it was useless noone would have downloaded it >.>

Correct me if I'm wrong, but... actually, don't correct me, because I'm not wrong. Anyway, who died and made you the new plugin approver? Hell, we need more, but you're still not one.

This does nothing other than give you XP and "level" you up (which gives no benefits). It appears to have been abandoned anyway.

Of course, this was a victim to one of my mass ratings where I may approve/unapprove a few wrongly, but after review I support my decision.

BlackMilk 09-02-2007 09:07

It's based around player's skill, that should say enough.

And no I do not care for any "position", I do not want to be an approver, I just have this thing called an opinion.

And if you reviewed it and stuck by your decision that's fine, all I wanna know is that you don't (un)approve things too fast.

Stixsmaster 09-04-2007 22:33

& dont jump to conclusions about sumthing being unsupported too fast because seems you think that stuff is unsupported right away...sorry if you think I am being an ass....but I too think this is worth sumthing...and well just because it hasnt been updated asap or recently...doesnt mean that it still isnt in the works...soccdood has more than 1 plugin to worry about so yea...but this is me talking if you dont agree then stick with your opinion...

---Stixsmaster

soccdoodcss 09-08-2007 17:25

I didn't really have anything to update. I was thinking of adding upgrades and rewards but decided to do that with a different plugin that I am currently making. So it isn't unsupported, although it is up to the approvers whether or not it is worth keeping.