AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   News (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   TF2 Support Added, Admin Menu Released (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=62028)

BAILOPAN 10-16-2007 23:33

TF2 Support Added, Admin Menu Released

I have two very exciting announcements that I'm sure many people have been long-eager to hear.

The first is that SourceMod now runs on Team Fortress 2, and will continue to support all Orange Box games. It is almost 100% supported; only some esoteric SDKTools functions are missing, and those will be added over the next few weeks.

There is no separate package for Team Fortress 2. SourceMod will intelligently load by detecting your Metamod:Source version, and in fact, it will run on both the 1.4.x branch and 1.6.x branch, on either Source engine. For the most part, plugins and their functionality (as long as they're not game specific) should work out of the box. If you encounter bugs, please file a bug report.

The second news update is that, with pRED's fine help, the admin menu has been completed. The admin menu represents months of careful programming and design decisions; it can be extended by any third party plugin. The initial items on the menu are a basic sketch of the commands currently available.

The admin menu can be invoked via the "sm_admin" command. The following two articles may be of interest:

>> Admin Menu Configuration
>> Admin Menu Interfacing (Scripting)

With that said, there are bound to be bugs in these wonderful new features. Don't forget to post bugs on the bug tracker and not the forums (though if you are curious, you can post on the forums first).

There is one major bug that users should not report: Team Fortress 2 only holds menus for four seconds. This is a bug on Valve's end and we don't want to work around it unless they refuse to fix it. You can switch to the old menus by removing "tf" from gamedata/core.games.txt.

You can see both of these additions in action below:
http://www.tcwonline.org/~dvander/te...hoamg_mini.PNG

I would like to thank:
  • pRED, for his work on the admin menu which was desperately needed.
  • faluco, for his toiling away on the Orange Box port.
  • PM OnoTo, for continuing to help us out with Metamod:Source.
  • ferret, for not killing us for messing up all his admin plugins.
  • Valve for making TF2 a very awesome game.
  • Mike Durand/Valve for releasing TF2 SDK specs early.

This post was sponsored by bacon cactus egg.

nbigdog2000 10-17-2007 00:50

Re: TF2 Support Added, Admin Menu Released

Great job you guys :)

Defiantly a big step for everyone :)

Fredd 10-17-2007 01:39

Great Job man, im making you some cookies

imported_Anth0ny 10-17-2007 02:11

Great work! =)
Thanks!

hazard 10-17-2007 02:16

Hells yes.

csallis 10-17-2007 02:21

Excellent work guys :up:

supermj 10-17-2007 02:26

Virtual high five...seems to be working great!!!

monkie 10-17-2007 03:11

Finally, I deployed my admins all at once on all of my Source servers by sourcemod r1607 :D

Congratulations, SourceMod & Metamod: Source developers!

1 more request, to provide an easy way to make the extensions compatible with MM: S 1.6.x as early as possible.
Since sourcemod now can be properly loaded on MM: S 1.6.x, I beg my 2 servers playing custom mods can run on MM: S properly. For example, CSS: DM and Zombie:Reloaded plugin with Hacks extension :D

Thank u again, thanks, Allied Modders.

exvel 10-17-2007 03:30

Thanks!

HSFighter 10-17-2007 03:34

Yes, very Great work! :-)
Thx!

clandest 10-17-2007 04:45

works on linux?

Derek 10-17-2007 06:58

Thanks so much! Going to love this.

M249-M4A1 10-17-2007 08:08

Sweet TF2, gj SM devs

SaintK 10-17-2007 10:15

Hi,

Just a quick question, does any one here experiance issues with this release on Linux, TF2, were it keeps playing the same map over and over again?

Mattie 10-17-2007 10:58

Congratulations guys! This is stellar. I'm a huge fan of TF2 so I love to see the support expanded.

Keep up the good work,
-Mattie

Isias 10-17-2007 12:15

Woah, what a day, 2 great news on one and exact the same day! Sourcemod finally got his menu and Mani continues to work on Mani Admin Plug-in!

BAILOPAN 10-17-2007 12:56

Mattie: Thanks for the kind words!

monkie: Unfortunately, we broke compatibility with the expectation that CS:S plugins would not have to update until CS:S was completely broken by Orange Box. If you need to keep compatibility around for as long as possible, continue using Metamod:Source 1.4.

That said, if you look in your "extensions" folder, you will see that it will try to autoload extensions based on which MM:S version and HL2 engine they need. So people can follow our MM:S and TF2 porting guides for their own extensions, and then place each build in the correct sub-folders.

Pietje 10-17-2007 13:14

Sweet, also the menu is nice to have back. For sure it will beat mani in time cause steam will crash mani in the future.

BAILOPAN 10-17-2007 13:16

I believe Mani has returned and is updating his plugin.

www.mani-admin-plugin.com

Extreme_One 10-17-2007 16:13

Menu system works great! :D Thank you for all the hard work.

nizoo 10-17-2007 18:03

um really good got this to work perfectly :) just a little question thou, if I don't want someone to be a Root admin what flag do I give him to be able to access the menu?

Ty.

BAILOPAN 10-17-2007 18:31

Anyone with the "admin" flag can use the menu command.

DontWannaName 10-17-2007 18:54

+Woot rofl :P

MoggieX 10-17-2007 19:23

Outstanding work guys, sometimes forgotten in all the madness of gaming but......

Thank You!!!

Matt @ All the n00bs @ Team MX

jones ray 10-17-2007 20:40

working on hl2dm escape menus?

monkie 10-17-2007 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAILOPAN (Post 543101)
Mattie: Thanks for the kind words!

monkie: Unfortunately, we broke compatibility with the expectation that CS:S plugins would not have to update until CS:S was completely broken by Orange Box. If you need to keep compatibility around for as long as possible, continue using Metamod:Source 1.4.

That said, if you look in your "extensions" folder, you will see that it will try to autoload extensions based on which MM:S version and HL2 engine they need. So people can follow our MM:S and TF2 porting guides for their own extensions, and then place each build in the correct sub-folders.

Hi, Bail, thank you for your reply.

I've noticed the autoload mechanism in the demarcation of both binary files and extension files according to the version of Source Engine.

As you suggest, I'm still using MM: S 1.4.x only for the compatibility. And I'm patient to wait for the extension authers to upgrade their work.

Yet, since CSS: DM of sourcemod version is your own child ;) and it uses extension to work around, I hope it will be upgraded with SourceMod as well, just a little request :D

ferret 10-17-2007 22:04

GetCurrentMap() was fixed tonight, btw. So nextmap and "say currentmap" and any other plugins using GetCurrentMap() will now function promptly under TF2.

BAILOPAN 10-17-2007 22:07

monkie: It won't be updated until CS:S is ported to Orange Box.

There is very little reason to use Metamod:Source 1.6.x on the original engine unless you really need the new features SourceHook provides, and thus it is for developers only. That intention was not well delivered to the community and in retrospect our upgrade path looks a lot more complicated than it actually is. I've changed www.sourcemm.net and removed the direct link to make that more clear.

See this article for more info.

Sorry about that confusion ;]

monkie 10-17-2007 22:21

bail: thank you for your quick reply :D

it seems now u core sourcemod & mm:s developers have been doing all u can do and the remainders are VALVE's business :D

ok, will keep paying close attension to sourcemod and mm: s, keep up, Allied Modders :)

[Arnold] 10-18-2007 01:53

Is there a changelog for the SourceMM versions also like for SourceMod?

BTW: SourceMM 530 shows up as 529 on a "meta version".

BAILOPAN 10-18-2007 02:07

There is a small discrepancy -- the build server uses the trunk revision, the site displays the repository revision.

The changelog is available via SVN.

[Arnold] 10-18-2007 02:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAILOPAN (Post 543351)
There is a small discrepancy -- the build server uses the trunk revision, the site displays the repository revision.

The changelog is available via SVN.

Ok. Thanks for that info.

YankeeDeuce 10-18-2007 11:07

Admin menu Issues

1 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to post this here before I fill out a bug report. Using MM:S 1.6.0-r530 and SM sourcemod-r1612 and admin menus are jacked up, happened with MM529 and SM1607 as well. Just wondering if anyone knows about this. Happens with all admins on our server. Thanks.

http://www.straferight.com/photopost...2fort00031.jpg
http://www.straferight.com/photopost...2fort00041.jpg
http://www.straferight.com/photopost...2fort00051.jpg
http://www.straferight.com/photopost...2fort00061.jpg

BAILOPAN 10-18-2007 11:46

You are missing translation files.

exvel 10-18-2007 12:36

Got crash when banned the bot. :)

YankeeDeuce 10-18-2007 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAILOPAN (Post 543479)
You are missing translation files.

Thanks, double-checked and all of them were 0 bytes. Re-uploaded and perfect.

ARKAN 10-22-2007 05:27

Please add banip function to admin menu.

thx

moe_re 10-22-2007 08:48

thanks for all your work.

will there be a button "setnextmap" in the menu in future (sm_setnextmap)?

may there also could be an option to let the player vote the nextmap. or did i oversight anything and its included allready?