AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] Balls (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=136266)

Geit 08-24-2010 15:59

[TF2] Balls

1 Attachment(s)
Balls, Balls, Balls! - Makes Beach/Birthday balls where the player is looking - Based on code by linux_lover

Changelog:
0.5- :
  • Fixed model scale issues.
0.4- :
  • sm_balls_flag & sm_balls_override will now take 0 as a parameter, allowing anyone to spawn them
  • Fixed an issue where a user would need both the _flag and the _override to be able to spawn balls
0.3-:
  • Added sm_cleanballs, deletes all of the activators balls.
  • Added sm_balls_amount, The maximum amount of balls a normal client can spawn. Default: 10
  • Added sm_balls_flag, Flag(s) required to spawn balls (obeys the balls per client limit). Default: f
  • Added sm_balls_override, Flag(s) required to override the balls per client limit. Default: z
0.2-:
  • Added sm_balls_cleanup, removes all spawned balls. - Slay flag.
0.1 -:
  • Initial Release
Screenshots:
http://imgkk.com/i/ijm5.jpg
http://imgkk.com/i/w5rp.jpg

Cvars:

• sm_balls_version - Version
  • sm_balls_birthday - 0 = Normal Balls, 1 = Birthday Balls (default: 0)
  • sm_balls_minsize - Minimum ball size, 0.0 - 1.0 (default: 1.0)
  • sm_balls_random - 0 = Normal Balls, 1 = Randomly coloured balls (default: 0)
  • sm_balls_amount - The maximum amount of balls a normal client can spawn. (default: 10)
  • sm_balls_flag, Flag(s) required to spawn balls (obeys the balls per client limit). (default: f)
  • sm_balls_override - Flag(s) required to override the balls per client limit. (default: z)
Commands:
  • sm_ball - Spawns a ball - Flag defined by sm_balls_flag/sm_balls_override
  • sm_balls_cleanup, removes all spawned balls. - Slay flag.
  • sm_cleanballs, deletes all of the activators balls.

DontWannaName 08-24-2010 16:28

Re: [TF2] Balls

Strange how they chose a bug fix update to add content for what the bug employed... Why not wait to add it. :P

Benjamuffin 08-24-2010 19:36

Looks fun!

I was doing this using OM Prop Spawner, but this will be much better!

One question, any plans of a remove all spawned balls command?

Snaggle 08-24-2010 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamuffin (Post 1280944)
any plans of a remove all spawned balls command?

Nice idea, hope this can be added. Plugin looks great.

Geit 08-24-2010 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamuffin (Post 1280944)
Looks fun!

I was doing this using OM Prop Spawner, but this will be much better!

One question, any plans of a remove all spawned balls command?

Added sm_balls_cleanup

Snaggle 08-24-2010 20:49

Thanks Geit, i've added it to my server :)

MisterNine 08-24-2010 21:01

Would there be any way of adding a way to assign which flag is required as to limit who can spawn balls and perhaps even how many they can spawn? If these features were worked out I could see this becoming an excellent plugin to let my donors spawn a ball to play with.

Aside from all that though, thank you for writing this excellent plugin. We all knew it was coming!

Benjamuffin 08-24-2010 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geit (Post 1280981)
Added sm_balls_cleanup

Hurrah!

Geit 08-24-2010 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterNine (Post 1281011)
Would there be any way of adding a way to assign which flag is required as to limit who can spawn balls and perhaps even how many they can spawn? If these features were worked out I could see this becoming an excellent plugin to let my donors spawn a ball to play with.

Aside from all that though, thank you for writing this excellent plugin. We all knew it was coming!

Quote:

• Added sm_cleanballs, deletes all of the activators balls.
  • Added sm_balls_amount, The maximum amount of balls a normal client can spawn. Default: 10
  • Added sm_balls_flag, Flag(s) required to spawn balls (obeys the balls per client limit). Default: f
  • Added sm_balls_override, Flag(s) required to override the balls per client limit. Default: z

It's not quite what you asked for, but it's the most versatile way I can think of doing it.

DarthNinja 08-24-2010 23:52

Great job! I was planning to make something like this myself :P

Some pix:
http://img641.**************/img641/8232/1031661974.jpg
http://img641.**************/img641/7914/1031665754.jpg

DontWannaName 08-25-2010 02:46

Wasnt today TF's birthday, I didnt see any balls spawning for it. :/

DarthNinja 08-25-2010 02:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontWannaName (Post 1281154)
Wasnt today TF's birthday, I didnt see any balls spawning for it. :/

Yes.
They only started (auto)spawning after my server rebooted.

MisterNine 08-25-2010 06:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geit (Post 1281079)
It's not quite what you asked for, but it's the most versatile way I can think of doing it.

Are you kidding? This is BETTER than what I asked for, thank you!

scopesp 08-25-2010 07:56

this is to funny thanks :) how can disbale the flag so all can spawn some balls and not only admins :) ?

Geit 08-25-2010 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by scopesp (Post 1281289)
this is to funny thanks :) how can disbale the flag so all can spawn some balls and not only admins :) ?

Quote:

• sm_balls_flag & sm_balls_override will now take 0 as a parameter, allowing anyone to spawn them
  • Fixed an issue where a user would need both the _flag and the _override to be able to spawn balls

MisterNine 08-25-2010 11:50

Geit, during a test of the plugin on my sever we experienced an issue. The flagged player could spawn the balls with no problem but when he attempted to use the !balls_cleanup command, SourceMod returned:
[SM] You do not have access to this command.

Not a big issue as they are despawned at the end of each round but I still wanted to bring this to your attention.

Geit 08-25-2010 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterNine (Post 1281442)
Geit, during a test of the plugin on my sever we experienced an issue. The flagged player could spawn the balls with no problem but when he attempted to use the !balls_cleanup command, SourceMod returned:
[SM] You do not have access to this command.

Not a big issue as they are despawned at the end of each round but I still wanted to bring this to your attention.

!balls_cleanup cleans up everyones balls and has the Slay flag attached to it still
!cleanballs cleans up the current players balls, as long as they have 1 or more spawned.

Onedda 08-25-2010 12:16

I spawned some balls on dustbowl and just as the 2nd stage started i couldnt remove the balls with sm_cleanballs even though any balls then spawned after the stage could be removed but the existing ones could not weird.

MisterNine 08-25-2010 12:17

Oh I see now... sorry about that. Just a bit of density on my part then.

scopesp 08-25-2010 13:03

thanks works now ;)

cybersquare420 08-27-2010 10:38

there has to be soccer game mod in this somewhere... i tseems on my idle server that as soon as i spawn a ball a competition to keep the ball in/out of a door/water/hole/whatever breaks out and many lolz are had by all... i am reminded of that ctf_rugby map that used to be popular... think i still have it on one server another... wonder how hard it would be to hook the ball as the "flag"...
any ideas?
here is the map i was thinking about as a starting place: http://www.aohelp.info/cybersquare420
/maps/ctf_rugby_v6.bsp.bz2

DarthNinja 08-28-2010 03:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybersquare420 (Post 1283293)
there has to be soccer game mod in this somewhere... i tseems on my idle server that as soon as i spawn a ball a competition to keep the ball in/out of a door/water/hole/whatever breaks out and many lolz are had by all... i am reminded of that ctf_rugby map that used to be popular... think i still have it on one server another... wonder how hard it would be to hook the ball as the "flag"...
any ideas?
here is the map i was thinking about as a starting place: http://www.aohelp.info/cybersquare420
/maps/ctf_rugby_v6.bsp.bz2

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=963448

cybersquare420 08-28-2010 07:46

hmmmm... yeah but they still carry it on that one... i wanted it to keep its current physics so players have to puch/shoot it around the map to get it to the goal...

ultrafunix 08-28-2010 23:48

Me and a friend are actually making a soccer map right now with no plugins or mods required, with score board and most points at 10 min win, we are almost done with first beta, but if u add me to steam friends (ultrafunix) ill let u test and give u a copy of it, and you can shoot it around

Mecha the Slag 08-29-2010 03:16

server crashes every time I use sm_ball

BLOOD779922 08-29-2010 07:19

i put sm_balls_flag 0 and sm_balls_override 0 in cfg but still only admins can use the plugin ,am i doing something wrong ?i wanted it for all players .
good plugin :)

Benjamuffin 09-05-2010 17:09

Have a slight issue, with the letting certain normal user spawn balls.

The amount is based on current server amount and NOT a client amount.

The person from before who suggested the public ball thing inspired me to do the same.

For example: I want my donators to be able to spawn 1 ball. However, if the game spawned ball is there, or if another donator has already spawned a ball, the other donators canʻt.

Is there any way this can be set to do how I described using something like clientprefs (assumption) or something.

DarthNinja 09-06-2010 02:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLOOD779922 (Post 1285032)
i put sm_balls_flag 0 and sm_balls_override 0 in cfg but still only admins can use the plugin ,am i doing something wrong ?i wanted it for all players .
good plugin :)

"0" is not an admin flag.
sm_balls_flag ""

If you allow players to spawn unlimited balls, bad things will happen.

Horsedick 08-24-2012 00:24

Was this broken in this most recent update or an update recently?

Jwu 08-24-2012 04:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horsedick (Post 1781005)
Was this broken in this most recent update or an update recently?

There is a problem with the "m_flModelWidthScale" within the sourcecode. When you remove it and its related content, it works. But you have a fixed size of the beachballs.

I would love to see this fixed though.

Horsedick 08-24-2012 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jwu (Post 1781121)
There is a problem with the "m_flModelWidthScale" within the sourcecode. When you remove it and its related content, it works. But you have a fixed size of the beachballs.

I would love to see this fixed though.

I knew something was wrong last night when I was testing things after that update.

Powerlord 08-24-2012 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horsedick (Post 1781362)
I knew something was wrong last night when I was testing things after that update.

Well, the other thing is that, as far as I know, SourceMod doesn't have a version where the memory error in creating new entities is fixed, so the server may also crash while creating entities.

Edit: Also, it looks like prop_physics_multiplayer has m_flModelScale now instead of m_flModelWidthScale

Horsedick 08-24-2012 10:35

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerlord (Post 1781363)
Well, the other thing is that, as far as I know, SourceMod doesn't have a version where the memory error in creating new entities is fixed, so the server may also crash while creating entities.

I've spawned upwards of 50+ balls with no issues, the limit cvar in the plugin is 10 for anyone but really myself so its negligible as long as it works which right now it doesn't work at all.

Quote:

Edit: Also, it looks like prop_physics_multiplayer has m_flModelScale now instead of m_flModelWidthScale
aww ok going to make the changes based on this then thanks that should correct it.

Attached new working version of this for whoever wants it - tested changes and all is good.

Pirate Jesus 12-05-2012 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horsedick (Post 1781366)
I've spawned upwards of 50+ balls with no issues, the limit cvar in the plugin is 10 for anyone but really myself so its negligible as long as it works which right now it doesn't work at all.

aww ok going to make the changes based on this then thanks that should correct it.

Attached new working version of this for whoever wants it - tested changes and all is good.

Thanks Horse

Sorry for the bump. But can you add a max size cvar for the balls? Making the minimum size bigger than 1... Kind of works. But after that you can get any size ball and it becomes unpredictable..

Or maybe an option to spawn a specific scale ball

sivartz 03-14-2013 20:48

Dosent work at all for me,I must be missing something.

StockyCoder 05-06-2013 13:33

This isn't working for me either

Horsedick 05-06-2013 20:40

still works fine for me

friagram 05-09-2013 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerlord (Post 1781363)

When i resize props that are traditionally phys items like balls, stickybombs etc, they keep their original phymodel scale, but the model size changes... When they are spawned as physics overrides. When spawning other props in this manner it does not happen, any ideas?

Similarly, resizing models as prop_dynamic seems to also keep the original physics scale, regardless of the prop using flmodelscale.

Scipizoa 06-05-2013 23:09

ok is it me again or is sm_balls_flag not working or responding correctly when set in admin ovverides?

Extent 04-14-2014 23:56

Hi,

Can I please get some help? When I type sm_ball in console it says

] sm_ball
Unknown command: sm_ball

Plugin is installed correctly.