AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D2]Survivor_Legs(1.6.0 - 07/07/23) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=299560)

Lux 07-18-2017 12:03

[L4D2]Survivor_Legs(1.6.0 - 07/07/23)

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, Here are the viewmodel survivor legs for l4d2.
My Method is a little unorthodox but it's the best I could do.

Here is legs with Marie from DOA5

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...C23EA58259752/

No Download Server Needed

Cvar:
PHP Code:

survivor_legs_version

// Copy LMC model to legs model, creates an extra entity for legs, will update on state change for legs
// -
// Default: "1"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "1.000000"
lmc_integration "1" 

Works with LMC too

If bugs happen with Thirdparty models DON'T REPORT IT.
Server side third party model changes are not supported(besides Ada Wong).
Client sided should be fine unless the model changes the animations (could cause bug) not many bugs from my testing tho.

Note: for thirdpersonshoulder detection you need a second plugin
[L4D/L4D2]ThirdPersonShoulder_Detect

besure to check you have latest version

GitHub Repo

Related L4D1 restore: [L4D2]WorldModel_Turnrate

mightmagix 07-18-2017 20:26

Re: [L4D2]Survivor_Legs

You're a life saviour. I’d never realized you had this project in mind. I tried on this several months ago and quit due to complications. Wish you good luck in perfecting this immersive plugin. Will report bug if there’s any.

JohnnyDave255 07-19-2017 01:12

Wow. You actually really released the survivor legs for L4D2. I though you said you will release this on end of this July?

Lux 07-19-2017 05:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightmagix (Post 2536242)
You're a life saviour. I’d never realized you had this project in mind. I tried on this several months ago and quit due to complications. Wish you good luck in perfecting this immersive plugin. Will report bug if there’s any.

Thanks!
Yes over the year or so of being on allied modders i heard alot of attempts to get viewmodel legs

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyDave255 (Post 2536269)
Wow. You actually really released the survivor legs for L4D2. I though you said you will release this on end of this July?

I expect it to be finished by the end of the month but seems to be fine it's not perfect it could still have animation bugs

Edison1318 07-19-2017 10:37

Amazing work of the Survivor Legs plugin. I remember DeathChaos tried to make the survivor leg plugin but then he abandoned the experiment. But at least you did bring the plugin back.

Sev 07-19-2017 11:11

I wonder if special infected legs could be done?

Aya Supay 07-19-2017 11:18

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux (Post 2536139)
Hi, Here are the highly longed for survivor legs.

My Method is unorthodox but it's the best I could do where many have tried and failed

No Download Server Needed

Cvar:
PHP Code:

survivor_legs_version 

No cvars really it just works!!

Works with LMC too

Legs judder when updaterate/cmdrate are imbalanced
Try and keep them as close as you can.

This is an extreme case tho 250ticks is not realistic

Bug reporting ragarding animations:

Legend:
life state: 1HP = Slow Limp //// below below 40HP medium Limp //// Above 40hp = Running
Weapon being held: weapon_pistol ect.
Character model: Nick ect.

Code:

Example below:
Current health/life state: 35HP
Weapon being held: weapon_pain_pills
Character model: Zoey
I keep seeing zoey's hands when running like i'm carrying pills

Any other bugs report as normal.

Server side model changes are not supported(besides Ada Wong).
Client sided should be fine unless the model changes the animations (could cause bug) not many bugs from my testing tho.

Includes tpos fix for zoey while holding crowbar
Includes coach pistol crouch animation for looking the wrong direction

Note for thirdpersonshoulder detection you need a second plugin --> [L4D/L4D2] [L4D/L4D2] [L4D/L4D2]ThirdPersonShoulder_Detect
besure to check you have latest version

GitHub repo --> https://github.com/LuxLuma/-L4D2-Survivor_Legs

This is for you it may interest you Lux

mightmagix 07-19-2017 11:29

1 Attachment(s)
I found this when flashlight disabled. Should be worth to note. However, I haven't tested with CSS weapons. Anyone else can confirm this?

Bugs

Lux 07-19-2017 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edison1318 (Post 2536357)
Amazing work of the Survivor Legs plugin. I remember DeathChaos tried to make the survivor leg plugin but then he abandoned the experiment. But at least you did bring the plugin back.

I finished that a while ago but download server not really an option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sev (Post 2536363)
I wonder if special infected legs could be done?

Already played with it, but the infected use animation layers which would need a signiture to access
I'm not feeling using stuff i don't know how to get my self.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aya Supay (Post 2536365)
This is for you it may interest you Lux

Already compaired the code with the orignal you not changed much besides using OnGameFrame() and slapping your name on it, where is Externet's credits on the models your stolen off his server and uploaded to steam workshop?

https://www.diffchecker.com/uRjY6wTp

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightmagix (Post 2536366)
I found this when flashlight disabled. Should be worth to note. However, I haven't tested with CSS weapons. Anyone else can confirm this?

Bugs

Yes sorry i forgot to mention, that is the calm state animations i can't find a solid way to get the to show in game, i tried blocking it but don't seem to work.

Until i'v found a way just ignore it for now.

Edit:
What do you mean about minor clipping?

If it's just at the bottom corners of the screen that's fine.

Another Edit:
Thanks for telling me how to get idle stance you have to turn off the flashlight :D

mightmagix 07-19-2017 12:54

If there is one thing I appreciate about immersion is that playing without flashlight, and survivors will eventually holster their guns downward. It’s just my habit sometimes list down anything related. And thanks, I also revisit the gascan phenomena and it turned out to be the same as the calm state animation you mentioned earlier. Survivors will hunch a bit, likely to zoom in with their left shoulder towards the screen making it look like clipping. As a result, I will also ignore that.

Aya Supay 07-19-2017 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux (Post 2536373)
I finished that a while ago but download server not really an option.

Already played with it, but the infected use animation layers which would need a signiture to access
I'm not feeling using stuff i don't know how to get my self.

Already compaired the code with the orignal you not changed much besides using OnGameFrame() and slapping your name on it, where is Externet's credits on the models your stolen off his server and uploaded to steam workshop?

https://www.diffchecker.com/uRjY6wTp

Yes sorry i forgot to mention, that is the calm state animations i can't find a solid way to get the to show in game, i tried blocking it but don't seem to work.

Until i'v found a way just ignore it for now.

Edit:
What do you mean about minor clipping?

If it's just at the bottom corners of the screen that's fine.

Another Edit:
Thanks for telling me how to get idle stance you have to turn off the flashlight :D

Of course just add some commands not for me if not for people who can use and have fun

Another point about the models that I uploaded to externet's worshop I just put credtis in one, it was not in my plans to upload them as some guys asked me. I had other models in mind. However, I have no problem putting it since they are not stolen since the Same release your mods in the download of your server if not badly remember I found someone who uploaded his mod to gamemaps same, but outside of that I will not only put your credits

I like it x that will add the ip in the models That I uploaded from your server so that people can enter your server and there are more people

DarkBlueSkies 07-19-2017 13:16

Hey, kinda new to this but, I was wondering if anyone else was getting a glitch with doors? Default or saferoom. It seems I can close doors but can't open them.

Lux 07-19-2017 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aya Supay (Post 2536392)
Of course just add some commands not for me if not for people who can use and have fun

Another point about the models that I uploaded to externet's worshop I just put credtis in one, it was not in my plans to upload them as some guys asked me. I had other models in mind. However, I have no problem putting it since they are not stolen since the Same release your mods in the download of your server if not badly remember I found someone who uploaded his mod to gamemaps same, but outside of that I will not only put your credits

I like it x that will add the ip in the models That I uploaded from your server so that people can enter your server and there are more people

You should credit all work or people wont take you seriously.
I use to have a download server but i never took credit for other people's work.... unlike you....
However besure to credit stuff.

Edit:
I looked at the pages on workshop, it's nice to finally see you put credits after nearly a year
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::sh ock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock :

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkBlueSkies (Post 2536397)
Hey, kinda new to this but, I was wondering if anyone else was getting a glitch with doors? Default or saferoom. It seems I can close doors but can't open them.

I made a fix for that, i just tested it seems to work fine, however i'm not sure if other plugins fixed the parenting stuff like i did.

Lux 07-19-2017 15:22

Updated to version 1.2.1:

Animation Filtering:

Added filters for
Calm:
Standing still
walking
running
https://github.com/LuxLuma/-L4D2-Sur...755ee67410504e

The 2 commits after that were cleanups this is the important commit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightmagix (Post 2536366)

Bugs

Fixed this stuff however i may of missed some stuff.
Note i found walking with the military sniper the valve animations are running anims ^^

Enjoy.

Newbie_Sexy 07-21-2017 02:53

Re: [L4D2]Survivor_Legs(1.2.1 - 19/07/17)

LOVE U :3

Newbie_Sexy 07-21-2017 03:02

Re: [L4D2]Survivor_Legs(1.2.1 - 19/07/17)

Compile with Error 017: undefined symbol "RequestFrame"

Lux 07-24-2017 23:50

Re: [L4D2]Survivor_Legs(1.2.3 - 25/07/17)

Update 1.2.3

Fixed issue with octopus legs.

Worked around parenting bug where client legs were not being removed by their game client(not server issue)

Avoided creating some varables in some places what are uneeded.

ALEXANDER020 07-25-2017 10:11

Could you tell me the problem, so that doors do not open

DarkBlueSkies 07-25-2017 15:00

I really like this plugin, but the dang doors won't open still. :cry:

Lux 07-25-2017 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALEXANDER020 (Post 2537662)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkBlueSkies (Post 2537716)

Test with standard sourcemod and just my legs plugin.

If it still has an issue remove the legs see if it still happens.

Visual77 07-26-2017 18:34

Quote:

The plugin seems to block the choose_opendoor command, I also did notice it a couple of times.

Timocop 07-26-2017 19:00

Works perfecly fine on my end

Lux 07-26-2017 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALEXANDER020 (Post 2537662)

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visual77 (Post 2537987)
The plugin seems to block the choose_opendoor command, I also did notice it a couple of times.

My plugin blocks the orignal cmd and sends its own cmd.

Remove any plugins that parent stuff to you.

I tested with LMC and that works fine.

Only plugin i know of that causes this is https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1678497
MasterMind420 told me about this.

I tested with this, with it on and off.
Plugin on = Bug door don't open only from top half.
Plugin off = No issue with the door.

Test it your self by removing this plugin and any other plugin that parents stuff to you
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1678497

If you don't want to do that install this no bug then.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=782616059

gunsandpugs18 07-27-2017 19:53

Can you make this plugin have first person legs for the special infected ?

You can see your legs in first person as an special infected on left 4 dead 1 versus.

Lux 07-30-2017 03:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunsandpugs18 (Post 2538211)
Can you make this plugin have first person legs for the special infected ?

You can see your legs in first person as an special infected on left 4 dead 1 versus.

I have a quick check how i could do it, but it uses a different system to control animations.

I'm not going to try and make them any time soon, because i don't play versus enough unless someone else want's to try.

bazrael 07-30-2017 04:08

It's never too late to have legs!
Quote:

I'm glad to get rid of freaking bugs from Volvolve.

Seagfrei 07-31-2017 19:14

thanks <3

Lux 08-01-2017 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazrael (Post 2538650)
It's never too late to have legs!

Quote:

I know there is a plugin that already does this but i don't remember which one, i'm unsure how well they they play together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazrael (Post 2538650)
I'm glad to get rid of freaking bugs from Volvolve.

Yes bugs bugs bugs atleast they let us mod it tho unlike other games.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seagfrei (Post 2538978)
thanks <3

NP

Sev 08-01-2017 11:43

It's good that this was released. It was basically the last puzzle piece from L4D1 with radgolls and everything else. The infected legs and the missing hunter animations would be nice, but those are more second fiddle things really.

The l4d1 weapon animations, the ragdolls and the legs are all available now.

It would be neat if a plugin could be created that allowed the beta reloading animations in L4D2 in conjunction with the old animations. But I doubt they are in the files and would require a client download.

Lux 08-04-2017 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sev (Post 2539091)
It's good that this was released. It was basically the last puzzle piece from L4D1 with radgolls and everything else. The infected legs and the missing hunter animations would be nice, but those are more second fiddle things really.

I could try the hunter anims but i don't play versus enough for me to do it.

Quote:

The l4d1 weapon animations, the ragdolls and the legs are all available now.

The idea for the legs came to me in a dream to exploit a bug with parenting an entity to a client(i think its a bug).

Quote:

It would be neat if a plugin could be created that allowed the beta reloading animations in L4D2 in conjunction with the old animations. But I doubt they are in the files and would require a client download.

That could be done but the effect on workshop weapons could mess stuff up.
There are beta animations that can be added, but client prediction on higher latency would look horrible unless there is a way to send the data for the anim changes.

Phoenix Rose 08-26-2017 14:34

this Plugin is just flipping AWESOME! i was using a mod on the L4D2 Workshop for the L4D2 legs, but their problem was there were no legs when you jumped or crouched. and when you went into water your legs would walk on the water in First Person.

I'm not sure how you managed to make this Plugin, but it is wonderful! all my complaints about the Workshop mod by someone else are gone with this Plugin! i tested this with the Division player models and it's working very good.

my one slight issue is that when holding stuff such as the pills is the arms when you look down, i tried changing my FOV back to default and still resulted in the same effect of the arms looking detached.

but other than that, which i don't mind now anymore, i love this plugin! thank you for making this man!

Lux 08-26-2017 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Rose (Post 2544505)
this Plugin is just flipping AWESOME! i was using a mod on the L4D2 Workshop for the L4D2 legs, but their problem was there were no legs when you jumped or crouched. and when you went into water your legs would walk on the water in First Person.

I'm not sure how you managed to make this Plugin, but it is wonderful! all my complaints about the Workshop mod by someone else are gone with this Plugin! i tested this with the Division player models and it's working very good.

my one slight issue is that when holding stuff such as the pills is the arms when you look down, i tried changing my FOV back to default and still resulted in the same effect of the arms looking detached.

but other than that, which i don't mind now anymore, i love this plugin! thank you for making this man!

Thanks for the worship ;D

Quote:

Server side third party model changes are not supported(besides Ada Wong).
nothing im willing to do it could upset the balanced i created, client model fov wont effect it.

Bluetool 09-03-2017 01:31

Great. I wonder someone make Special infected firstperson leg for Versus in any sometimes.

sorry to my english.

Phoenix Rose 09-13-2017 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux (Post 2544549)
Thanks for the worship ;D

nothing im willing to do it could upset the balanced i created, client model fov wont effect it.

i was wondering something here if this is even possible...

is it possible to make a plugin, such as this one with the legs, but to have it include something like "First Person Infected Pin-downs"? or maybe a separate version?

this was something i have always been curious about... yes, i do know there are console commands to do this, but those don't really work the best all the time, and i was just wondering if something like this would be possible to make.

not saying you have to make it though.

Trerex 09-15-2017 18:35

Anyway to make this for L4D1 ?

mightmagix 09-15-2017 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trerex (Post 2549017)
Anyway to make this for L4D1 ?

That's the point of this plugin. L4D1 had legs implemented since its first release. Set graphics to highest quality to enabled or lowest quality to disabled.

Trerex 09-17-2017 04:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightmagix (Post 2549036)
That's the point of this plugin. L4D1 had legs implemented since its first release. Set graphics to highest quality to enabled or lowest quality to disabled.

I can only play on low graphics, thats why im asking, there should be a way to enable it on low specs pc

Timocop 09-17-2017 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trerex (Post 2549214)
I can only play on low graphics

Wait, you're forced to play on low graphics, but you want leg models that probably reduce the already bad performance even more?
I mean, you're playing a 2006 'ish game on low graphics, don't you think it's time to upgrade your hardware?

HedyLamarr 09-18-2017 01:03

A problem.

I have been using this mod, pretty fine but here's some problems
1. If you go in thirdperson you will be able to see 2 copies of yourself
2. I don't like how, if you look up and look up even more the legs sink as you look up and up

Lux 09-18-2017 11:56

Re: A problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HedyLamarr (Post 2549385)
I have been using this mod, pretty fine but here's some problems
1. If you go in thirdperson you will be able to see 2 copies of yourself

Read the first post

Quote:

Originally Posted by HedyLamarr (Post 2549385)
2. I don't like how, if you look up and look up even more the legs sink as you look up and up

Use the steamworkshop version
nothing i can do about it besides make more issues