AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   VSH / Freak Fortress (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   FF2 1.07 Beta Last (2012/12/14) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=197635)

Powerlord 10-05-2012 09:55

1.07 Beta Last (2012/12/14)

THIS THREAD IS EXTREMELY OUTDATED!
Use https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=229013 instead.

Outdated content

AeroAcrobat 10-05-2012 10:34

Re: 1.7 beta coming this weekend

will it be released in this thread or in a new one ? so I know if F5 is worth pressing here.

http://i.imgur.com/Y9zch.png

Powerlord 10-05-2012 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeroAcrobat (Post 1813080)
will it be released in this thread or in a new one ? so I know if F5 is worth pressing here.

Good question... I was going to do it in this one, but I'd have to update the topic title when I do.

You CAN subscribe to threads and get it to send you email notifications.

There are still some things I need to double-check before I can release it, and I haven't touched any of the ability plugins to see if any changes need to be synced over there.

Huntereb 10-05-2012 12:11

Yay, about time FF2 gets an update that actually improves something, and doesn't just fix bugs caused by updates.

MaloModo 10-05-2012 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerlord (Post 1813072)
[*]Now attempts to integrate tf2items config

Could you elaborate on this a little more?

Also are you going to include your character set fix which I believe you had worked on but never released. I tried on version of someone's ( maybe ravens) but it failed on my server anyhow. Ff2 started unloading itself etc.

Huntereb 10-05-2012 13:59

I would love a fix for the boss lists, I just hit 25 and I am afraid to go past this now. When would we expect a fix for this?

Thanks for your work Powerlord! Could you tell me your FF2 server's IP address?

Powerlord 10-05-2012 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloModo (Post 1813170)
Could you elaborate on this a little more?

Also are you going to include your character set fix which I believe you had worked on but never released. I tried on version of someone's ( maybe ravens) but it failed on my server anyhow. Ff2 started unloading itself etc.

Basically, if another plugin, such as the TF2Items Manager, has already changed the items a non-boss has in a TF2Items_OnGiveNamedItems hook, they won't be changed again by FF2. That is, if this feature is actually working; it checks if the last argument to the hook is set to INVALID_HANDLE (which it normally is). If it isn't INVALID_HANDLE, it doesn't replace that weapon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huntereb (Post 1813183)
I would love a fix for the boss lists, I just hit 25 and I am afraid to go past this now. When would we expect a fix for this?

I may add an experimental change that moves when bosses precache their models and sounds to the first time said boss is used on a map. For servers that switch maps in a short amount of time/low number of rounds, that would appear to fix the problem completely. However, for servers that stay on the same map for a long time, that will only move the crash from startup to when the precache tables fill up.

To be honest, I'm not sure why unrelated stringtables are throwing errors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huntereb (Post 1813183)
Thanks for your work Powerlord! Could you tell me your FF2 server's IP address?

My FF2 server is tf2.rbemrose.com:27015... however, it was just converted from MvM to FF2 earlier this week and is rather unpopulated at the moment (although I've scheduled a community event for RUGC Midwest on it tonight). It's also still running 1.06h because I haven't finished making changes to 1.07 yet.

Huntereb 10-05-2012 15:16

I have my server set to 21 rounds, or 60 minutes. I know that 21 rounds itself would not be going over 25-30 bosses, so if you do release something like this in the next release I would be very happy!

nope.avi 10-05-2012 20:19

I still have not got my FF2 working. I can only make them but I can't test. So I think I would need a whole new installation of everything right? Tf2items, sourcemod, and of course this. Does it rely on anything else?

SmackDaddy 10-05-2012 20:36

Looking forward to this release/beta!!! Thanks for your work on FF2!

DanK. 10-05-2012 23:30

Looking foward to this. Have a request however. How about taking all item changes (attributes, effects, etc) and collecting all of the changes in one .cfg file instead of coding it in ff2/vsh? Would make editing and changing weapons our selves much easier.

The Earl of Lemongrab 10-05-2012 23:44

Looking forward to see this man!

Powerlord 10-06-2012 01:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanK. (Post 1813419)
Looking foward to this. Have a request however. How about taking all item changes (attributes, effects, etc) and collecting all of the changes in one .cfg file instead of coding it in ff2/vsh? Would make editing and changing weapons our selves much easier.

I do plan on having this eventually, but at this point, I just want to get the weapon rebalancing out the door.

Huntereb 10-07-2012 10:13

Coming out today?

Powerlord 10-07-2012 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huntereb (Post 1814232)
Coming out today?

Likely yes. I had some family things going on this weekend that delayed it. I also want to add a few more things in it this afternoon.

Huntereb 10-07-2012 17:35

Cool, the more the merrier! I assume one of them is maybe a fix for the over 25 bosses crash?

friagram 10-07-2012 18:56

This may be a bit much to ask, but would it be possible to add in some cvars/options to enable a last player(s) alive option to outline reds so that hale can track them down?

That way something like this could happen:
ff2_track_remaining = 2

Hale kills the 3/3 alive players, it outlines the remaining 2, so hale can see them (like CTF intel).
last 2 players alive are soldiers's sitting on top of trees, or scouts hiding in rocks on some exploitable VSH map. So now he can easily hunt them down and kill them. Some hales really hate capping, and would rather waste everyone's time to kill one hider, than just cap. Also some servers just disable capping :3

Powerlord 10-07-2012 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huntereb (Post 1814436)
Cool, the more the merrier! I assume one of them is maybe a fix for the over 25 bosses crash?

Depends on if the problem is being caused by the models or sounds stringtables or the downloads stringtable.

Anyway, this is taking longer than I thought, so it may not be ready until tomorrow.

Huntereb 10-07-2012 19:31

As long as it's released. Thanks!

friagram 10-07-2012 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerlord (Post 1814483)
Depends on if the problem is being caused by the models or sounds stringtables or the downloads stringtable.

Anyway, this is taking longer than I thought, so it may not be ready until tomorrow.

I did some more testing, I do not believe the downloads problem is central to FF2. Sounds don't seem to cause any issues. I have tons of saysounds and music. The few extra ff2 pushes isn't a huge issue.

If I add the ff2 models to my downloads via model manager or sm_downloader (or any other custom models in excess of my current ones), I'll crash with the same type of errors - mid map, client will connect to fetch downloads and server engine errors with stringtables.

For now I just have to limit the number of models I use/add, and remove custom models for bosses like gentlespy =/

[Edit] Would also be cool to have a feature to pickrandom shuffle the bosses, 1 boss can not be randomly selected again, until all others have been selected. Or, to set a limit (like 3) so that the same boss can not occur within 3 rounds, etc.

BBG_Theory 10-07-2012 23:29

Take your time Powerlord, and don't let FF2 interfere with personal stuff... personal stuff 1st and thanks for your help!!!

I have a dedicated dev. server running and can set you up in admin with root if you like - backchannel if you want

nope.avi 10-08-2012 05:16

Oh my god. I just realized scream fortress could be a major update! What if it breaks ff2 again?
D:

Huntereb 10-08-2012 16:19

Coming out today?

Powerlord 10-08-2012 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huntereb (Post 1815073)
Coming out today?

Right now, the only thing I can guarantee is that it compiles.

Huntereb 10-08-2012 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerlord (Post 1815164)
Right now, the only thing I can guarantee is that it compiles.

Thank god, I'm waiting...

:bacon!::bacon!::bacon!::bacon!::bacon!:

By the way, anything new to configure? I won't be able to test this until tonight, but I plan on adding it right now.

Powerlord 10-08-2012 19:14

2 Attachment(s)
I haven't had a chance to test everything, but here's the current 1.07 beta. Right now, all I've tested is the changes to the Crusader's Crossbow and Sniper Rifles. And the fact that it works, that is.

In addition to the things mentioned in the first post:
  • Bosses can no longer rage when dead.
  • Sounds and Models are now precached when a boss is selected instead of on map start.

jasonfrog 10-08-2012 19:34

Thanks Powerlord. :)

I tried to compile and failed.

Last line is #include < freak_fortress_2_vsh_feedback >

Powerlord 10-08-2012 19:40

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonfrog (Post 1815198)
Thanks Powerlord. :)

I tried to compile and failed.

Last line is #include < freak_fortress_2_vsh_feedback >

Every version of FF2 requires that file to compile it; I assume anyone who wanted to compile it already had it.

jasonfrog 10-08-2012 19:44

Apologies, I assumed that this might have been something new related to the recent VSH changes that you have merged to FF2. I should have checked the stickied main release thread first.

Thanks again.

Huntereb 10-08-2012 19:49

I just added it now, we'll see if it worked right if my players are still there after the map changes. I'll keep you posted... Thanks!

realwx 10-08-2012 19:55

Quick question on the Phlog invulnerability: is it only while the Pyro is taunting, or is it while Mmph is draining?

(Stupid question, yeah...)

BBG_Theory 10-08-2012 19:58

we still have to keep it around 25 or less, and can have multiple lists like ravensbro's ver h?

Powerlord 10-08-2012 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by realwx (Post 1815221)
Quick question on the Phlog invulnerability: is it only while the Pyro is taunting, or is it while Mmph is draining?

(Stupid question, yeah...)

Only when the Pyro is taunting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBG_Theory (Post 1815224)
we still have to keep it around 25 or less, and can have multiple lists like ravensbro's ver h?

This is based on 1.06h, although the changes to precaching may allow you to have more bosses provided that the map doesn't last long enough to load all of them.

OnlyBrian 10-08-2012 20:08

Very nice. Added this to my server.

What's the command for setting a round time limit? Can't seem to find it.

BBG_Theory 10-08-2012 20:11

one other silly question,
in the Announcement area at and around line 863, is there a reason why we have case 1, case 3, case 4, case 5 and no case 2?

Shouldn't it be case 1, then 2,3,4 ?

Powerlord 10-08-2012 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnlyBrian (Post 1815232)
Very nice. Added this to my server.

What's the command for setting a round time limit? Can't seem to find it.

TF2 doesn't really have a time limit in arena. You can change how FF2 unlocks the control point, but it'd still need to be captured to end the round.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBG_Theory (Post 1815233)
one other silly question,
in the Announcement area at and around line 863, is there a reason why we have case 1, case 3, case 4, case 5 and no case 2?

Shouldn't it be case 1, then 2,3,4 ?

It will run the default block for 2. It's a strange way of doing it, but that's RainboltDash for you.

AeroAcrobat 10-08-2012 20:31

thanks very much! :D
  1. is the heatmaker sniper rifle supposed to not mark the boss ?
  2. sniper rucksack: if I equip it then I don't wear it but also does not get replaced with e.g. smg.
  3. ff2_oldjump 1 is this also available ? had it in my old FF.cfg
I'm testing now with 36 bosses ... hopefully everything will be okay.

oh wow this topic will get bombed very soon :D
good job powerlord!

BBG_Theory 10-08-2012 20:32

ok, but if I understand this, it would do:
case 1 ( the steamgroup url message)
then due to case 2 missing, it would run default message about "type ff2 to open menu"
then run case 3 message
then run case 4 which is the same message as default
then run case 5

I suppose thats OK if you want it to mention the /ff2 menu 2 times out of 5

Am I missing something here? Is it not OK to just list case 1,2,3, and then 4? changing 875 to case 2 and 879 to case 3 and 883 to case 4? or would this have some adverse effect?

ToxicKills 10-08-2012 20:45

Glitch found.

When a spy backstabs the boss, it instant kills the boss.

Oh and Christian Brutal Sniper's theme won't play.

Huntereb 10-08-2012 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeroAcrobat (Post 1815249)
I'm testing now with 36 bosses ... hopefully everything will be okay.

Tell us what you find out, I will be adding a ton of bosses tonight if it works right!