AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Admins manager (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=64142)

Alka 12-09-2007 07:42

Admins manager

1 Attachment(s)
Admins Manager v1.3
  • Description
-This plugin is a big useful tool, for manage admins in game.
-You can delete admins from file, and add admins (*) with custom flags and save mode by (Ip, Steam id, Name + Password).
-Also you can edit admin account from file (users.ini) by (Account, Password, Flags, Access flags).
-Plugin works directly with file (users.ini).
-After you added,edited or deleted an admin, admins list is reloaded automaticly.
-This plugin is useful for multiple servers and one owner.

*Player must be present on server.
  • Commands
say /adminsmanager - Open the main menu.
say_team /adminsmanager - Open the main menu.
say .adminsmanager - Open the main menu.
say_team .adminsmanager - Open the main menu.
console amx_adminpassword <password> - Save / change this password for specified admin. (Note:Is used on Edit Admin too)
console amx_adminaccount <name / ip / steam id> - Save / change this account info for specified admin. (Note:Is used only when editing admins)
  • Changelogs
v1.0 - First release.
v1.1 - Added possibility to add admins. (*)
v1.2 - Added possibility to add an admin with "Name + Password"
v1.3
-Added flags(admin flags/access flags) description.
-Modified the remove admin type.
-Added posibility to edit admin accounts from file.
-Bug fix.
-Optimized.

ConnorMcLeod 12-09-2007 07:52

Re: Admins manager

Interesting.
Flags for cmd adminsmanager has to be set in cmdaccess.ini or what ?
Should be ADMIN_RCON i guess ;)

Alka 12-09-2007 07:58

To access the remove/add menu you must have "ADMIN_IMMUNITY".
I suggest, to test it. Is the only way to see how is look / work.

ConnorMcLeod 12-09-2007 08:05

Oh yeah i see.
Access should really be ADMIN_RCON that is the supreme flag, but that's your plugin ;)

Good job anyway (make noob's lives better :P)

Alka 12-09-2007 08:21

The main menu, with add / remove ,all players are able to see it but only those with "ADMIN_IMMUNITY" can access it. :-D
Yeah, your right, "ADMIN_RCON", is the supreme flag, i will change it.

Thanks. :P

Little Update:
Added
Code:

#define MENU_ACCESS_FLAG ADMIN_RCON
, now you can customize your access flag for the menu.

hackziner 12-09-2007 08:27

Good job :)

gevo 12-09-2007 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by alka
say /adminsmanager
say_team /adminsmanager
say .adminsmanager
say_team .adminsmanager

Explain wat r those for
r those commands for admin with the acsess flag that requires?

~Thank You :D

P.S. and lol i was thinkin about tellin u to change it to L(rcon) but i saw the post... guess i was l8

+Karma

Alka 12-09-2007 11:53

Any player can open the main menu (/adminsmanager) with add / remove but you must have the right "MENU_ACCESS_FLAG" to access the submenus. lol. Test it, and see your self. :wink:

Ty.

gevo 12-09-2007 15:04

yeah tnx i did nice job

vvg125 12-09-2007 15:16

Very nice plugin. I'll try it out in a little bit but it's a surprise this hasn't been made yet.

iggy_bus 12-09-2007 20:38

excellent but what about us who have valve caffe and use nick and pass for admins ?

you should add nick+pass feature and also make it multilingual ;)

Alka 12-10-2007 08:38

Ty for feedback.

@iggy_bus - No nick + pass. What valve caffe ?! I won't add nick + pass, is totaly useless, and what pass to add ?!
And rofl, ML for what ?! 3 client messages ?! o.O, same is useless, there are alot of approved plugin with alot of client messages without ML...

hackziner 12-10-2007 08:52

iggy_bus speaks about guys who are playing cs in cyber café with the "valve cyber café program". Thoses guys have no steam id and need a nick + pass identification to be admin on a server ...

But imo multilang. is useless ...

ConnorMcLeod 12-10-2007 08:53

He is right, you should implement all ways of adding an admin.

Alka 12-10-2007 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackziner (Post 561782)
But imo multilang. is useless ...

Imo too.

@connorr - ok ok, but i must enter a temp password until, is changed by owner , or ?! :| need ideas. :-D

purple_pixie 12-10-2007 09:11

Have it as an extra argument?

EDIT: Ah, it's menu-based.

Maybe have a "set admin password" function, so you do "admin_password xyz" in console, then call the menu.

Alka 12-10-2007 09:15

Yeah, but how player says the password to admin ?! You must give it in private, and if you do that, admin can open easyly users.ini and add it directly. Is so useless. :|

purple_pixie 12-10-2007 09:27

Good point :-D

It doesn't really work, does it?

iggy_bus 12-10-2007 13:42

Ok let me explain...

If you add admin via ID, the line looks like this:
"STEAM_ID_xxxxxxxx" "" "abcdefghijkl.." "a"

If you add admin via IP, the line looks like this:
"xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" "" "abcdefghijkl..." "d"

Now you just have to add a mode for editing the third way to add admins, the line contains 4 fields (nick, password, flags, connection flags)
"nick" "password" "abcdefghijkl....." "a"

Example:
"admin" "secret" "abde" "a"
---player must enter [name "admin"] and [setinfo _pw "secret"] and he has commands that come with "abde" flags...

Hope it is more clear, many servers use nick+pass to add admins since large number of admins play from game centers where they do not have their own steam account but some random valve steam_id, so for them, amxx modders made the third way od admin logging, so I think you should implement it because you plugin is awesome ;)

iggy_bus 12-10-2007 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alka (Post 561788)
Yeah, but how player says the password to admin ?! You must give it in private, and if you do that, admin can open easyly users.ini and add it directly. Is so useless. :|

Nevermind that.
If I have RCON, I wll add nick and password and I will tell it to that admin via mail or msn...

And now for the menubased problem - an idea:
What about if future admin has entered his nick that he wants for admin and he has already typed his setinfo and enters server, so server just reads "name" and "setinfo _whatever" (configurable) from players config.cfg and stores that in users.ini ?

Alka 12-10-2007 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by iggy_bus (Post 561853)
Ok let me explain...

If you add admin via ID, the line looks like this:
"STEAM_ID_xxxxxxxx" "" "abcdefghijkl.." "a"

If you add admin via IP, the line looks like this:
"xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" "" "abcdefghijkl..." "d"

Now you just have to add a mode for editing the third way to add admins, the line contains 4 fields (nick, password, flags, connection flags)
"nick" "password" "abcdefghijkl....." "a"

Example:
"admin" "secret" "abde" "a"
---player must enter [name "admin"] and [setinfo _pw "secret"] and he has commands that come with "abde" flags...

Hope it is more clear, many servers use nick+pass to add admins since large number of admins play from game centers where they do not have their own steam account but some random valve steam_id, so for them, amxx modders made the third way od admin logging, so I think you should implement it because you plugin is awesome ;)

LOL =)), dude i know how yo add admins. ROFL

Quote:

Originally Posted by iggy_bus
Nevermind that.
If I have RCON, I wll add nick and password and I will tell it to that admin via mail or msn...

lol, so what's the point ?! You don't get it. If he want a specific password ?! He must tell you the pass then add it, so you can add it directly. IMO USELESS.

I don't think is a good idea. Still useless, but maybe i will add something... :|

YamiKaitou 12-10-2007 14:47

Maybe you could add support for people who do not use the users.ini file for admins, such as SQLite/MySQL

iggy_bus 12-10-2007 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alka (Post 561865)
LOL =)), dude i know how yo add admins. ROFL

well sorry but you sound very confused on my first post so I had to "dummy explain" just in case, nhf m8 ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alka (Post 561865)
lol, so what's the point ?! You don't get it. If he want a specific password ?! He must tell you the pass then add it, so you can add it directly. IMO USELESS.

I don't think is a good idea. Still useless, but maybe i will add something... :|

I guess you do not get it :)
I have 20+ servers, and only I have ssh access to machines (linux) and every server has it's own rcon head admin. They all bug me to add admins so I always need to go and write users.ini. It is annoying for 20+ servers.

That's why I would like this plugin to be able to add name+pass so I can just give those head admins this plugin so they can add admins by them selves ;)

Alka 12-11-2007 00:23

@YamiKaitou - Dunno sql.
@iggy_bus - Ok, i will add name + pass. :-S asap

Alka 12-11-2007 09:48

Updated:
v1.2
- Added possibility to add an admin with "Name + Password".
- Save new admin password by command: "amx_adminpassword".

iggy_bus 12-11-2007 18:30

thanx for adding nick+pw, it works ;)

Some ideas:

1) As you have the list of admins when removing them, you could add "Edit Admin" feature, where you can chose an admin and from the list and edit his name, password or flags ?

2) When I remove admins directly, I just add ";" in front of the line just in case I give them back the access. But your plugin overwrites the line.
Can you change it so when the plugin removes an admin, the line remains but it just adds ";" in front. Admin will be disabled anyway.

3) It would be very useful if you could implement some explanations for the flags on menu.

Example:
a (Immunity)
b (Reserved Slot)
etc.

That would be it for now. I hope I am not too annoying but I like this plugin and I would like it to be much more advanced ;)

Toster v2.1 12-12-2007 11:48

GJ! :)
Do I have to enter amx_adminpassword before or after making an admin?

Alka 12-12-2007 12:41

Ty. Afte you selected the admin flags and save mode ("name + password") you must eneter the password. Anyway it will warn you if you don't enter a password :D

A new update will come later...with things specified by iggy_bus, and some optimizations.

Alka 12-12-2007 14:27

Updated(a big one):
v1.3
-Added flags(admin flags/access flags) description.
-Modified the remove admin type.
-Added posibility to edit admin accounts from file.

iggy_bus 12-12-2007 22:22

great man ;)

bugs:

1) when adding flags, you have 7 flags on screen 1 and you select them all, then you switch to next 7 flags and as soon as you select 1 flag from screen 2 it goes back to screen 1 reseting all the flags selected from screen 1 so now you have only 1 flag from screen 2 selected if you save admin

2) when you remove admin, ok it just adds ";" in front of a line but and admin is disabled, but next time when you try to add an admin with the same name and pass as that removed admin, it says "there is already account...", maybe it should not recognize disabled accounts at all?

gevo 12-12-2007 23:16

yes thats the reason i removed the plugin
it is faster if i go to my users.ini remove or edit the flags i need and type amx_reloadadmins

Alka 12-13-2007 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by iggy_bus (Post 562896)
great man ;)

bugs:

1) when adding flags, you have 7 flags on screen 1 and you select them all, then you switch to next 7 flags and as soon as you select 1 flag from screen 2 it goes back to screen 1 reseting all the flags selected from screen 1 so now you have only 1 flag from screen 2 selected if you save admin

2) when you remove admin, ok it just adds ";" in front of a line but and admin is disabled, but next time when you try to add an admin with the same name and pass as that removed admin, it says "there is already account...", maybe it should not recognize disabled accounts at all?

Well...
1.Yes is true,if you add all flags from page 1, then you switch to next 7 and select one is come back to first page...there is no way to fix this,but the flags are not reseted lol. I just test it and test it again, lol...you can even exit the menu...the flags are rested only if you press "Reset flags" or you save the admin.

2.Fixed. Redownload.

@gevo - What ?! Yeah , if you have only one server is faster to go on users.ini and write the admin, but for a owner with 5 servers ?! o.O...And i think is more useful / handy to add from game even if you have only one server.

iggy_bus 12-13-2007 15:13

hmm, I guess I did something wrong, it's ok

@gevo, you are wrong, imagine me with 35 servers running and every server has his own head admin and 35 people come bother me to add admins every day.

This plugin saved me quarter of a day ;)

gevo 12-13-2007 18:59

well yes both of u proved me wrong but i did have it 1/2 corect since i run just 1 server xD

Alka 12-14-2007 01:23

...i've tested it and works fine, iggy can you confirm is working?:D or someone else...
Ty for suggestions...

iggy_bus 12-14-2007 15:32

I have dealed this plugin to my sub-head admins.
It works perfect. Good Job man ;)

imindfreak 12-14-2007 20:04

what will be on the menu? screen shot or words please.

Alka 12-15-2007 03:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by iggy_bus (Post 563380)
I have dealed this plugin to my sub-head admins.
It works perfect. Good Job man ;)

Huh, :-P, thank you.

@imindfreak - wut ?! In menu will be 3 options (Add / Remove/ Edit) admins, then depends on menu, will show sub-menus...i can't explain. The best way to see is to test it. :E

dmak 12-17-2007 18:48

Would it be better if you can have custom levels of admin? For ex. Master admin, Medium Admin, Low Admin.

So when you use the menu to add someone, you can just categorize him as Master admin and it will set all the appropriate flags.

Alka 12-18-2007 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmak (Post 564334)
Would it be better if you can have custom levels of admin? For ex. Master admin, Medium Admin, Low Admin.

So when you use the menu to add someone, you can just categorize him as Master admin and it will set all the appropriate flags.

No. once you have all flags(you can select which flag you want) is totaly useless... :/