AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [ANY] Simple Fastdownload (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=321898)

Domino_ 03-05-2020 18:32

[ANY] Simple Fastdownload

Simple Fastdownload

Provides fastdownload support for srcds without the need for webhosting. By default, it will automatically change the value of sv_downloadurl and serve files that are either in the downloadables stringtable or the mapcycle.

From here you can either leave it as is or begin to add bzip2 compressed versions of the files. These can either be in the same location as their non-compressed versions, or separately within the folder specified by sv_downloadurl_bz2folder.

Requirements
ConVars
Code:

sv_downloadurl_urlpath            | "fastdl" | path for fastdownload url eg: fastdl
sv_downloadurl_autoupdate        | 1        | should sv_downloadurl be set automatically
sv_downloadurl_hostname          | ""      | either an empty string, or hostname to use in downloadurl with no trailing slash eg: fastdownload.example.com
sv_downloadurl_bz2folder          | ""      | either an empty string, or base folder for .bz2 files in game root folder eg: bz2
sv_downloadurl_add_mapcycle      | 1        | should all maps in the mapcycle be added to the download whitelist, recommended value: 1
sv_downloadurl_add_downloadables  | 1        | should all files in the downloads table be added to the download whitelist, recommended value: 1

Commands
Code:

sm_fastdownload_list_files | prints a list of all files that are currently in the download whitelist, note: for server console only
Source & Download https://github.com/neko-pm/simple-fastdownload

asherkin 03-05-2020 18:59

Re: [ANY] Simple Fastdownload

This is an awesome idea! Nice to see a use of Webcon in the wild.

Dragokas 03-05-2020 22:24

Just wow! Nice investment!

NanoC 03-05-2020 23:17

My godness! This is sick, good job Domino.

Dragokas 03-06-2020 00:25

Did you compare download speed via FastDL and your method (for non-VDS/VPS servers) ?

Hoster differs that things, like he can cut the channel of IP where game server files are stored.
Extension description tells about using RCon port.
What if hoster limits max traffic for that channel.
I won't be surprised if the hoster can even blocks user for misuse of the service.
And, actually RCon generally intended to transfer text data rather than binary, so it is by design should be low level performance channel. So, very interesting to see test results for VDS and non-VDS hosted servers.

Domino_ 03-06-2020 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragokas (Post 2685926)
Did you compare download speed via FastDL and your method (for non-VDS/VPS servers) ?

I didn't do any benchmarking prior to release, only did basic testing to make sure it worked. It should be fairly performant in theory, but I'm not able to easily test this.

Nightmare Pyro 03-20-2020 12:49

Hello!

Your plugin working well! However, after bz2 file over it kick me out from my own server. Also no logs

Here error from client console.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connecting to 24.149.29.4:28015...
Connected to 24.149.29.4:28015

Team Fortress
Map: ba_mariopartyextended_v4
Players: 1 / 32
Build: 5615298
Server Number: 1

Client reached server_spawn.
Recognizing MM server id [A:1:1471137798:14354]
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "blood_impact_red"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "env_fire_tiny_smoke"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "env_fire_small_smoke"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "env_fire_medium_smoke"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "env_fire_large_smoke"!
Missing map maps/ba_mariopartyextended_v4.bsp, disconnecting

Host_Error: Map is missing

--- Missing Vgui material vgui/..\vgui\maps\menu_thumb_Missing

daren adler 04-11-2020 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Domino_ (Post 2685907)
Simple Fastdownload

Provides fastdownload support for srcds without the need for webhosting. By default, it will automatically change the value of sv_downloadurl and serve files that are either in the downloadables stringtable or the mapcycle.

From here you can either leave it as is or begin to add bzip2 compressed versions of the files. These can either be in the same location as their non-compressed versions, or separately within the folder specified by sv_downloadurl_bz2folder.

Requirements
ConVars
Code:

sv_downloadurl_urlpath            | "fastdl" | path for fastdownload url eg: fastdl
sv_downloadurl_autoupdate        | 1        | should sv_downloadurl be set automatically
sv_downloadurl_hostname          | ""      | either an empty string, or hostname to use in downloadurl with no trailing slash eg: fastdownload.example.com
sv_downloadurl_bz2folder          | ""      | either an empty string, or base folder for .bz2 files in game root folder eg: bz2
sv_downloadurl_add_mapcycle      | 1        | should all maps in the mapcycle be added to the download whitelist, recommended value: 1
sv_downloadurl_add_downloadables  | 1        | should all files in the downloads table be added to the download whitelist, recommended value: 1

Commands
Code:

sm_fastdownload_list_files | prints a list of all files that are currently in the download whitelist, note: for server console only
Source & Download https://github.com/neko-pm/simple-fastdownload

Hello. I have been using this and my friends/anyone can try to join server but when it downloads them the map says missing map ,, i have my maps in maps folder with bz2 files but it wont dl them for players,,it does for me but no one else,,I am a home server for hl2dm..it dl everything else but the map.
I have a downloads and downloads_simple and added everything and the maps lines..but still dont dl maps,,i even tryed and made a folder called bz2 and added the map using bz2 files only and put them in that folder and no luck.

addone 04-18-2020 06:06

Same for me. I can download maps, but others missing map.

romeo7 04-21-2020 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by addone (Post 2694277)
Same for me. I can download maps, but others missing map.

You must open TCP port.

addone 04-22-2020 01:17

Which port? My server runs on 27099 and I have this UDP / TCP port open.

kearney 06-08-2022 04:45

Hello.

Thanks for making this addon- it seems to be the perfect solution to a problem I've been having.

However, I just can't seem to get it to work. The addon itself functions, as the sm_fastdownload_list_files command returns the answer expected but otherwise no data is sent from my server to clients.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

AndroSynth 06-10-2022 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by kearney (Post 2781241)
Hello....The addon itself functions,...

Having issues using it myself due to problems building webcon due to use of Moveable and an update to the amtl library. Did you downgrade your amtl library to build the extension or did you fix the webcon issue? Or is there a binary version of webcon out there that I'm missing?

Edit: Literally on the webcon + conplex forum page below the github links is the download link. (I'm an idiot)

Unfortunately don't have an answer for your problem but I'd be glad to look if I can get to the same point.

asherkin 06-10-2022 15:43

The very large Download link in the Webcon / Conplex post links to prebuilt binaries.

AndroSynth 06-10-2022 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by asherkin (Post 2781443)
The very large Download link in the Webcon / Conplex post links to prebuilt binaries.

Wow, thanks. Don't know how I managed to miss that and end up at the source instead.

kearney 06-10-2022 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndroSynth (Post 2781442)
Having issues using it myself due to problems building webcon due to use of Moveable and an update to the amtl library. Did you downgrade your amtl library to build the extension or did you fix the webcon issue? Or is there a binary version of webcon out there that I'm missing?

Edit: Literally on the webcon + conplex forum page below the github links is the download link. (I'm an idiot)

Unfortunately don't have an answer for your problem but I'd be glad to look if I can get to the same point.

Thanks for the response, not sure if I'm missing something obvious here.

Did you end up getting it working after using the large "Download" link? I took webcon and conplex from there, compiled webcon just in case and nothing changed. I'm testing this on tf2 and tf2 classic (changed conplex.games.txt config of tf2c to match tf2, unsure if this is a good solution).

I appreciate any leads, I'm really lost here.

Cheers.

AndroSynth 06-16-2022 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by kearney (Post 2781458)
I appreciate any leads, I'm really lost here.
Cheers.

Welcome to any help I have to give. To be clear I'm barely even a beginner at most of this stuff (CS server hosting in general and Sourcemod). To date I still haven't connected with my CSS playing buddies to test off of LAN. I've done all my testing on one system, so I'm not sure if that somehow affects my results. However before I did this, even downloads to my client on the same system as the server took a long time to DL, the new map I tested went much much faster (minutes to seconds).

Yes after my original mixup I just used the combined download link for webcon and conplex. I originally was trying to build it from scratch but I had some issues doing that anyway. I did compile the fastdownload plugin though.

Some things to try in no particular order,
  • Not sure what your setting for sv_pure is but I'm on "sv_pure 0"
  • It looks like I did rebuild the simple-fastdownload.smx instead of using the version packaged in the download here. Not sure if you did the same.
  • I haven't set any of the variables for fastdownload, all default settings.
  • I did change net_maxfilesize in the past to a arbitrary large value, I guess that could cause issues if too low.
  • I'm running this on a Windows 10 machine, not sure if you're on linux or not but that could be a possible difference.
  • Things regarding SDKHooks are way above what I understand about this ecosystem. That would be an obvious location to investigate further but I don't know if I can help you there.

Not sure if that'll be any help, good luck, feel free to ask anything else and I'll do my best to answer.

ToppyTopology 06-17-2022 02:43

Awesome plugin! It works nicely when it automatically puts maps from the map cycle into the fastdl

Though I don't really know how would I use sv_downloadurl_bz2folder convar, does it check for a specific folder in the server's game directory (e.g. cstrike, tf)? I did that (setting sv_downloadurl_bz2folder to a folder inside game directory) but unfortunately it only downloads maps that are only listed from the map cycle, does not download models, textures etc.

I also tried to see what would happen if I disable sv_downloadurl_add_mapcycle, it still downloads maps listed from the mapcycle. The maps shows up too in the download whitelist given by the command sm_fastdownload_list_files

Any help will be appreciated

iretr_0 07-24-2022 12:24

Hey, first of all thanks for the work.
To anyone having issues with only your localhost being able to get download the maps check your sv_downloadurl:
"sv_downloadurl" = "http://192.168.0.16:27015/fastdl" ( def. "" )
Mine always defaults to my internal ipv4! all you have to do in this case is change sv_downloadurl_hostname to your public ipv4

Anyways that's all good and all but I haven't figured out a way to automate this process.

I have two issues:

I would like to dynamically get/store in a variable (prefferably using srcds stuff only, no .sh or .bat) my public ipv4 so I can, in a cfg file, set sv_downloadurl_hostname to my public ipv4.

and...

I've tried using a fixed value for it but since sv_downloadurl_hostname is a command only available once it's plugin is loaded I can't just plug it into the server.cfg. If anyone knows a way around that too I would love to hear about it.

Anyways, that's where I'm stuck at. I would love some help.

iretr_0 07-25-2022 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by iretr_0 (Post 2784599)
Hey, first of all thanks for the work.
To anyone having issues with only your localhost being able to get download the maps check your sv_downloadurl:
"sv_downloadurl" = "http://192.168.0.16:27015/fastdl" ( def. "" )
Mine always defaults to my internal ipv4! all you have to do in this case is change sv_downloadurl_hostname to your public ipv4

Anyways that's all good and all but I haven't figured out a way to automate this process.

I have two issues:

I would like to dynamically get/store in a variable (prefferably using srcds stuff only, no .sh or .bat) my public ipv4 so I can, in a cfg file, set sv_downloadurl_hostname to my public ipv4.

and...

I've tried using a fixed value for it but since sv_downloadurl_hostname is a command only available once it's plugin is loaded I can't just plug it into the server.cfg. If anyone knows a way around that too I would love to hear about it.

Anyways, that's where I'm stuck at. I would love some help.

Update:
I solved both my issues.

The second issue (regarding sv_downloadurl_hostname not saving): Turns out it was being overwritten by another CFG. This was easy to fix, the config file for this plugin like so many others can be found under .\tf\cfg\sourcemod\plugin.simple-fastdownload.cfg

The first issue (regarding getting my public ipv4 on server start): I made a power shell script that does that (yes I'm on windows...). Just set a var to this "$ip = Invoke-RestMethod ipinfo.io/ip" command and replace it in a string. You can output the result using OutFile like so: "$message | Out-File -Encoding ASCII -FilePath .\tf\cfg\sourcemod\plugin.simple-fastdownload.cfg"

Yeah... I feel like a lot of the userbase of this plugin are going to be people like me who just want to run an on demand local server for friends to join or to test out plugins so I hope this helps people. PM me for the full ps1 script if you can't do it yourself!

Thanks again to OP for making this. Never again filezila.... never again....

frandor 07-27-2022 21:45

hello everybody,
for some reason i cant get this to work to save my life,
ive got my server set to point to the url tf-off.xyz
so in server.cfg ive got sv_downloadurl "http://tf-off.xyz/fastdl/"
in my cfg/sourcemod/plugin.simple-fastdownload.cfg (all other settings default )
ive got sv_downloadurl_hostname "tf-off.xyz"

ive tried as many variants on those that i can try (using ip address, with and without http etc.)
if i run "sm_fastdownload_list_files" it lists all my maps fine, but if i connect i get a "missing map X disconnecting"
im very new to this so dont be afraid to tell me im doing something dumb
my tf2 server is running on a vultr vps runnin ubuntu if that matters

PC Gamer 07-27-2022 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by frandor (Post 2785042)
in server.cfg ive got sv_downloadurl "http://tf-off.xyz/fastdl/"

Your download url is invalid since I can't connect to it. You can try using a format like: sv_downloadurl "http://11.22.33.44/tf"

You should be able to connect to it using a web browser.

frandor 07-27-2022 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by PC Gamer (Post 2785050)
Your download url is invalid since I can't connect to it. You can try using a format like: sv_downloadurl "http://11.22.33.44/tf"

You should be able to connect to it using a web browser.

so i tried changing sv_downloadurl to
sv_downloadurl "http://207.148.2.131/fastdl"
and i still end up with the same

''attempted to precache unknown particle system "blood impact_red"!
missing map maps/dm_mariokart2_b2v2.bsp, disconnecting

host_error: map is missing

im thinking maybe its a firewall issue? i believe i opened the correct ports but im not sure why this wouldnt be working otherwise
do i actually have to make a fastdl folder and link my maps folder into it?
the op of this post is so short ive gotta be messing up something obvious

eyal282 01-17-2023 18:37

Key words for Google:

Free Fast DL, Fast DL for free, Fast DL on server, Fast DL without money, Fast DL, Fast DL on FTP

Alienmario 08-25-2023 07:46

I've made a fork with new features and fixes.
  • custom folder support
  • auto-compression to .bz2 using System2
  • fixed timing so whitelisting happens after other plugins add their content
  • mapchange reloads (optional)
  • logging convars added
  • code organisation + labeling
https://github.com/Alienmario/simple...ux/tree/master

kaju666 12-09-2023 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alienmario (Post 2809266)
I've made a fork with new features and fixes.
  • custom folder support
  • auto-compression to .bz2 using System2
  • fixed timing so whitelisting happens after other plugins add their content
  • mapchange reloads (optional)
  • logging convars added
  • code organisation + labeling
https://github.com/Alienmario/simple...ux/tree/master

Hi

Unfortunatly it's not working for me. maybe im missing some step.
What i done:
1. installed plugin also with webcon extension.
2. added sv_downloadurl "http://146.x.x.x/fastdl" to server.cfg
3. set sv_downloadurl_hostname "146.x.x.x" in plugin.simple-fastdownload.cfg
4. .bz2 maps are in cstrike/maps
5. unlocked port 80 in firewall

And it do not downlaoding files. Does this plugin should make http server? i know i missing something

Alienmario 12-09-2023 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaju666 (Post 2814247)
Hi

Unfortunatly it's not working for me. maybe im missing some step.

The sv_downloadurl_hostname cvar was not getting set in last release, i've updated the smx.

You also don't need to set sv_downloadurl or open port 80. The url is autogenerated in form of "http://<sv_downloadurl_hostname >:<serverport>/fastdl"

kaju666 12-10-2023 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alienmario (Post 2814253)
The sv_downloadurl_hostname cvar was not getting set in last release, i've updated the smx.

You also don't need to set sv_downloadurl or open port 80. The url is autogenerated in form of "http://<sv_downloadurl_hostname >:<serverport>/fastdl"

thank you so much for updating :)
but it still not downloading map.

my server.cfg is empty, only hostname "test"

i tired puting file .bsp.bz2 in:

cstrike/maps when sv_downloadurl_bz2folder ""

and when sv_downloadurl_bz2folder "bz2" in
cstrike/bz2/
cstrike/maps/bz2/
/bz2/

tried sv_downloadurl_hostname "127.0.0.1" and
sv_downloadurl_hostname "146.X.X.X"

always when joining:

Missing map maps/ze_sorrento_escape_v5.bsp, disconnecting
Host_Error: Map is missing

Alienmario 12-10-2023 14:25

Make sure you are editing cfg\sourcemod\plugin.simple-fastdownload-redux.cfg
The url will also be accessible through your browser.

kaju666 12-10-2023 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alienmario (Post 2814287)
Make sure you are editing cfg\sourcemod\plugin.simple-fastdownload-redux.cfg
The url will also be accessible through your browser.

it's not :) that could be the problem
http://146.59.126.218:27015/fastdl/z...ape_v5.bsp.bz2

27015 is open in firewall both tcp/udp

plugin and 2 extensions loaded succesfully.
i do not have system2 extrension.

any idea where to search for error?
in console i only see:
L 12/10/2023 - 19:58:34: [simple-fastdownload-redux.smx] Whitelisting files took 0.00s.

kaju666 12-11-2023 11:34

So plugin is somehow working, when is activated:
https://i.ibb.co/1L3cNwC/image.png

and when is not:
https://i.ibb.co/C7vn3ty/image.png

checked local on linux.

i wanted to use this sscript but maybe i will go with classic fastdl :)

Alienmario 12-11-2023 13:30

May be an issue with Conplex/Webcon or your network. Don't have anything like a RCON blocker? I've also only tested with HL2DM. Feel free to add me if you want to troubleshoot further.
Edit: Also not too sure what you mean by activated.

kaju666 12-15-2023 02:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alienmario (Post 2814332)
May be an issue with Conplex/Webcon or your network. Don't have anything like a RCON blocker? I've also only tested with HL2DM. Feel free to add me if you want to troubleshoot further.
Edit: Also not too sure what you mean by activated.

It was lack of +ip in start command :)

kaju666 12-17-2023 14:23

Can you tell me one more thing?
I do not have any .bz2 files. System2 is giving me errors:
Code:

L 12/17/2023 - 19:21:19: [simple-fastdownload-redux.smx] Compressing archive failed - check System2 extension: "bz2/maps/ze_ffvii_cosmo_canyon_v5fix.bsp.bz2"
L 12/17/2023 - 19:21:19: [simple-fastdownload-redux.smx] BZ2 Compressor completed with 106 errors.

but maps are downloading fast :P map 170MB dowloading in 5 sec :)

Should i still manualy convert to bz2?If yes where to put bz2 folder cstrike/bz2 ?

Alienmario 12-17-2023 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaju666 (Post 2814584)
Should i still manualy convert to bz2?If yes where to put bz2 folder cstrike/bz2 ?

You can manually compress, but it's not necessary anymore. Yes, make a bz2 folder at server-root/game-root/bz2.
Also don't forget to make 7z executable as per System2 instructions (linux).

BZ2 is still most beneficial to players with slow connection.