AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Source Servers (SRCDS) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   SSMS - Sourcemod Server Management System (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=175247)

snelvuur 01-01-2012 16:59

SSMS - Sourcemod Server Management System

10 Attachment(s)
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7162/6...6c485f31d8.jpg
SSMS - Sourcemod Server Management System

This tool should help you in the everlasting battle against plugin versions automatic updates and other handy things when it comes down to handling sourced game servers. At first i got the idea from the great tool nemrun but this would not work with windows based machines and i used the same technique to query the master server for updates which is used by another great tool steam condenser.Its easier to just go to:

https://github.com/Snelvuur/SSMS

And see the example/features. Might not be complete but its a first go.

Creating a seperate topic since the old one is getting messy.

This is a work in progress and i suggest that if there are errors which are really "dumb" then please tell me what to change since its my first 'big' project. You have been warned :)

Screenshots added to give you a better idea.

snelvuur 01-01-2012 16:59

Re: SSMS - Sourcemod Server Management System

3 Attachment(s)
Too many screenshots :)

Snaggle 01-01-2012 17:15

Well, this is cool.

Kjaer 01-01-2012 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaggle (Post 1623331)
Well, this is cool.

You can say that again!

MindeLT 01-01-2012 18:13

Awesome work. Can't wait to test it. :)

snelvuur 01-01-2012 18:56

If there are any issues, you can report it either here or on github, or just fork it and submit improvements.

poppin-fresh 01-02-2012 13:15

When walking server, I get

Quote:

Unable to Authenticate to server, perhaps down?exception 'TimeoutException' with message 'The operation timed out.' in /home/poppin/public_html/admin/lib/steam/sockets/SteamSocket.php:104
Stack trace:
#0 /home/poppin/public_html/admin/lib/steam/sockets/RCONSocket.php(92): SteamSocket->receivePacket(4)
#1 /home/poppin/public_html/admin/lib/steam/servers/SourceServer.php(76): RCONSocket->getReply()
#2 /home/poppin/public_html/admin/walkserver.php(208): SourceServer->rconAuth('*************')
#3 {main}Server update failed.

snelvuur 01-02-2012 13:57

If you try in your main screen and go to rcon, does that work? If that doesn't work the walker wont work either. Timeout exception is usually a timeout..

poppin-fresh 01-02-2012 13:59

Yes, Rcon works fine.

poppin-fresh 01-02-2012 14:10

nvm fixed it

Snaggle 01-02-2012 17:43

How did you fix it? I get the same error. Also the Admin-Activity log doesn't seem to be updating. I can send RCON messages etc with no problems.

Gam3ronE 01-02-2012 18:11

Thank you, great for my source servers and good job sharing this management software.

snelvuur 01-03-2012 03:59

@snaggie: there is a directory "sourceplugins" where it has the dbadmin logging plugin, you should install that one on your servers.

I also did a smallish update, so you can choose in the .sp file which database to connect to (see readme on github) (and ofcourse compile the .sp after that)

minimoney1 01-03-2012 14:39

This is really great!
Thank you mate.

Oo Alias oO 01-03-2012 15:26

Awesome :)

Dr. McKay 01-03-2012 21:56

Well, this is certainly an alpha, but it looks good so far. Nice work. I still say we need to get more plugins to implement Updater, though, then we wouldn't have to check plugin versions as much.

snelvuur 01-04-2012 03:13

@mckay: agreed, but thats like saying everyone in the world should start driving on the same side of the road. I dont see that happening quickly.. :)

If something like that updater was in the core of sourcemod, easier for other people it might have a chance since its not the first type of updater. But its a good initiative.

Dr. McKay 01-04-2012 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by snelvuur (Post 1624985)
@mckay: agreed, but thats like saying everyone in the world should start driving on the same side of the road. I dont see that happening quickly.. :)

If something like that updater was in the core of sourcemod, easier for other people it might have a chance since its not the first type of updater. But its a good initiative.

Well, I never said I expected every to use Updater. I just want to see more support it. It's really easy to implement.

Drixevel 01-04-2012 07:42

Too bad I run my servers off windows server 2008 OS. lol

snelvuur 01-04-2012 08:48

@redwolf: Find a cheap/free host with linux/php/mysql, install it and your good to go, thats the good thing about this tool that it doens't require local aceess for the things it does.

Drixevel 01-04-2012 15:34

Does this script have any built-in functionality for accounts/security or do I need to make .htaccess accounts to access the folder?

Kjaer 01-04-2012 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf (Post 1625434)
Does this script have any built-in functionality for accounts/security or do I need to make .htaccess accounts to access the folder?

In the readme.md included he suggests to create .htaccess to ensure security, so yes, do so.

snelvuur 01-04-2012 18:05

The plugin overview is updated on github, your servers list will now stay on top (always a hassle to move up and down the list to check which server it is)

zeroibis 01-04-2012 23:57

A few questions:

1. I assume there is no issue running this on a separate server from your game servers, is this the case?
  2. I see that the program is able to automatically update your server. Is there a way to simply be notified if a required update is available and otherwise just do nothing? Personally, I usually only update if it is required and only update manually and I doubt I am the only one in the world who does this.
  3. How does it count restarts? Is it only when this program restarts the server or is it checking uptime or something to determine if the server has crashed?
  4. Can the admin logging plugin interfere with any other admin logging plugins or systems?
Thanks for the great work on this program, it looks very promising! Over time I see a lot of great features being integrated into this.

snelvuur 01-05-2012 03:57

1. Correct
2. You can setup that new servers won't auto update. It will show this then in the server overview. You can always change this later too.
3. You have to install the smx that comes with ssms
4. I would think not, have not tested/seen issues do far.

Drixevel 01-05-2012 05:55

I really enjoy this script. Thanks for the hard work snelvuur.

zeroibis 01-05-2012 14:21

I just wanted to clarify one last thing. Your server will only be able to automatically update in the first place if you have it set as such in the start command line for the server. My understanding is that this program simply sends the _restart command via console to the server.

Is the above accurate?

Pablosky 01-05-2012 17:29

Yes, it does exactly that.

moxie2020 01-06-2012 16:46

I am using forlix to keep my servers up and running. Will this replace this function as well and if not can there 2 programs coexist?

The main thing I like about forlix is it runs as a service so I don't have to login to every server if there is an unexpected crash.

zeroibis 01-06-2012 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by moxie2020 (Post 1626900)
I am using forlix to keep my servers up and running. Will this replace this function as well and if not can there 2 programs coexist?

The main thing I like about forlix is it runs as a service so I don't have to login to every server if there is an unexpected crash.

As stated in the post above yours this plugin does not really monitor your server in that way. What it does do is send the _restart command via console. If your server is crashed or frozen this will not help you. Therefore having some sort of other program or system in place to keep your server alive is another issue. The purpose of this program appears to be to streamline the day to day operations and maintenance of the server using a simplified interface that is able to provide a one stop spot for valuable information and quick access to basic commands in relation to said data.

moxie2020 01-06-2012 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroibis (Post 1626974)
As stated in the post above yours this plugin does not really monitor your server in that way. What it does do is send the _restart command via console. If your server is crashed or frozen this will not help you. Therefore having some sort of other program or system in place to keep your server alive is another issue. The purpose of this program appears to be to streamline the day to day operations and maintenance of the server using a simplified interface that is able to provide a one stop spot for valuable information and quick access to basic commands in relation to said data.

Ok, I read what you said I just wasn't positive what you meant. Thank you for taking the time to clarify. I'm glad I like forlix and I only need the plugin manager.

Oo Alias oO 01-09-2012 05:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroibis (Post 1626974)

This is pretty much right, can't really think of a way to sum it up better.

duydangle 01-12-2012 08:53

Can this web have a public interface in addition to this admin interface @@.

snelvuur 01-12-2012 08:56

I will try and make a example, and upload that to github too. We also use a generated picture for a server overview as motd on our tf2 servers. I'll see if i can add a example output for that one too. (my time is a bit short, got my eyes hit by a freaking laser beam so they are recoverring. Lost my glasses now)

See http://motd.lethal-zone.eu/tf2/tf2motd.html as a example what we have now. Its just a picture on top of some styles (so i assume you would want something like http://motd.lethal-zone.eu/tf2/tf2motdservers.png to start with)

duydangle 01-12-2012 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by snelvuur (Post 1630114)
I will try and make a example, and upload that to github too. We also use a generated picture for a server overview as motd on our tf2 servers. I'll see if i can add a example output for that one too. (my time is a bit short, got my eyes hit by a freaking laser beam so they are recoverring. Lost my glasses now)

See http://motd.lethal-zone.eu/tf2/tf2motd.html as a example what we have now. Its just a picture on top of some styles (so i assume you would want something like http://motd.lethal-zone.eu/tf2/tf2motdservers.png to start with)

Oh your MOTD is very awesome xD. BTW what I mean is this page: http://www.lethal-zone.eu/servers.php

//BTW I still don't understand the cron part @@. The php must be executed every minute so servers will be updated? How can all servers get updated every minute?

snelvuur 01-12-2012 09:18

that server overview is just a cut down version from the admin server list, i will see if i can make the same so you can integrate it on a page too.

Well yes, the php is run on the commandline with -u option. It then scans all servers each minute. This goes faster then you can imagine. Querying the master server to see if there are updates takes the most time. Querying all our servers takes a second or so.

duydangle 01-12-2012 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by snelvuur (Post 1630133)
that server overview is just a cut down version from the admin server list, i will see if i can make the same so you can integrate it on a page too.

Well yes, the php is run on the commandline with -u option. It then scans all servers each minute. This goes faster then you can imagine. Querying the master server to see if there are updates takes the most time. Querying all our servers takes a second or so.

I found something:
1. About the plugin checker: If I walk 1 server then the progress hang on and cannot stop. I stop it, refresh the plugin check list, that server's plugins list is displayed (work if check -> stop -> repeat on all servers).

If I walk all servers, the progress hang on, I refresh the plugin check list page but the page show nothing (not work)
2. I cannot update the server list @@. I cannot access the server directly but add the command to directadmin's cronjobs. Do you think it will work? Can you tell me what command if I want to update all servers manually?

//Sorry for my bad English :(.

snelvuur 01-12-2012 10:14

1. is the cache folder read/write for your webserver? chmod 777 cache. If it is, then also check if you can use rcon from the server overview. (this should be possible, if not then its a config issue)

2. You need to run it into a crontab entry so it will update it on the background for you. If you can make a crontab entry it will work.

You can use the full path to where the servers.php is located and just do /path/to/files/servers.php -u
to run it manually for 1 time.

I dont know about directadrmin crontabs though.. perhaps your isp/hoster knows.

linglingftw 01-12-2012 13:03

This looks quite nice.
I'll try it out once I've got my new box online.
Thanks for the release.

duydangle 01-12-2012 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by snelvuur (Post 1630164)
1. is the cache folder read/write for your webserver? chmod 777 cache. If it is, then also check if you can use rcon from the server overview. (this should be possible, if not then its a config issue)

2. You need to run it into a crontab entry so it will update it on the background for you. If you can make a crontab entry it will work.

You can use the full path to where the servers.php is located and just do /path/to/files/servers.php -u
to run it manually for 1 time.

I dont know about directadrmin crontabs though.. perhaps your isp/hoster knows.

1. Thanks about the chmod, the walk work now...
2. I will try the command update again.

EDIT: I got the command update work, thank you very much xD. I think now we just need an public interface (I mentioned) and the MOTD script. VERY NICE. Thank you xD.