AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Goodbye SM (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=339721)

Dragokas 09-28-2022 02:36

Goodbye SM

It's been a long time I didn't post anything new, for a reason.

Dark times are coming.
Since 2014 everything changed. People became angry and distrustful of each other, even inside families due to damn politics. Good friends became enemies.
Lot of 3-rd party countries, including Russia started a genocide of Ukrainian people and fake news, sanctions against Ukrainians in Crimea etc.
In 2022 it is transformed to a World War III. I can't take into details, because we aren't safe here and it's against rules.

All at all, under influence of nerves and leaving in the box, I lost ability of creativity.
There is no more time for entertainment anymore, only about thinking how to survive.

I'd like to express my gratitude and respect to all SM devs who helped me, and also shared amazing works. You're smartest and best people.
On the contrary, I'd like emphasize my hate to SM community represented by most of L4D servers administrators, for 4 reasons:

1) no credits about the real authors of works you're using, no mention anywhere (ads or public groups).
2) no single thankful word in the plugin topics, 3-5% is not an indicator (I don't even saying about any donation); just 1 sample: plugin, having 100 active customers, after 7 monthes of delay receive an update having almost 1 page of changelog (many of the wishes are done). No response from people at all.
3) really few feedbacks
4) mostly, no creativity, just copy-paste

Under circumstances, and considering our server group is almost dead, I'm leaving community, stopping all support for current works.

Nevertheless, I don't want my private works became lost in vain, so I shall public them step by step, just because "brag to other devs" and in case of my death due to weapon of RU,UA,EU,NATO,USA soldiers,filtration teams,marauders,cold,radiation.
It's pity, lot of projects left unfinished.

Take care and keep your family safe.
Good bye.

And, please don't say words about politics in this topic. Appreciate.

thewintersoldier97 09-28-2022 03:41

Re: Goodbye SM

Damn, such a shitty situation you're living in and sad to hear that you're leaving this community behind. For all the wonderful work you've contributed to SM in general, for bringing lots of fun time to me and my little group of friends with your plugins, I wholeheartedly thank you, Alex. Hopefully things will get better over there for you as well as your loved ones.

Stay safe, best wishes.

Bacardi 09-28-2022 04:53

You are pretty dam good crash debugging and after that made some patches.

Good luck, be safe

oqyh 09-28-2022 05:04

Dragokas you are legend no need to compare

Stay safe wish you the best.

DruGzOG 09-28-2022 05:32

Stay safe man, wishing a positive outcome for yourself and others in the upcoming days.

Silvers 09-28-2022 07:45

Good luck with everything and thank you for all your help and all your work. Hopefully see you again in the future. Lot's of respect. Take care. Wishing you a safe future.

Marttt 09-28-2022 08:54

Dragokas, I wish you the best in the world.

Thanks for all the funny talks that we used to have playing together.

For all plugin advices and shares.

You are a very intelligent and talented person.

Hope you get through it all safely. Be strong.

Beatles 09-28-2022 13:05

Dragokas, it's a real shame that you have to leave, your creations are great, they helped me a lot with my servers, even thanks to your codes I was able to carry out some important projects for me, the situation right now is difficult for you, but remember that here your friends will be waiting for you, we still have a lot to share, the projects for L4D1 that I have in mind are great, and I know that you will like to enjoy them when they are finished, a big hug and take care of yourself, I send you the best vibes, thanks for your contribution to our community.

KadabraZz 09-28-2022 14:11

We will all miss you and your crazy and funny projects, thank you so much for everything you've done and made public here on the forum. I wish you the best, God be with you.

foxhound27 09-28-2022 15:26

Goodbye my friend, i wish you well.. thank you for everything.. you did great.. i hope someday you return safe and well..wish you best - greetings from Argentina!

000 09-28-2022 21:33

Carry on.

L4D2Noob 09-28-2022 21:44

we are strangers
But there won't be tomorrow
And so we can
Do whatever you can.

enderG 09-29-2022 13:22

Goodbye, you were an irreplaceable member of the community. Once again, I hope this will not be removed by moderators:

Don't pay attention to what others say, your steps are the only right decision.

We should be on opposite sides, but I'm really sorry for you. This year, a trip to the frontline zone taught me that politics is created only to quarrel people.

alasfourom 09-30-2022 01:04

Goodbye drago, I wish you all lucks in your life stay strong, take care of yourself and your family. The war will end sooner or later. Be patient and again take care

Mrs cheng 09-30-2022 23:25

I wish you peace!

HarryPotter 10-01-2022 15:57

Greetings from Taiwan

MedicDTI 10-05-2022 12:43

You and many other creators of this site are amazing, nobody deserve these bad things in your lives, I hope everything works out for you.

Spirit_12 10-05-2022 13:47

I'm not as active as I once were, hence I didn't see this till now.

All I will say is that you have been a great contributor to the L4D games in general. Hope things settle down for you and we see more of your work down the line.

finishlast 10-06-2022 06:04

Thank you for the plugins and good luck.
There are other things more important in life but your work was appreciated!

Psyk0tik 10-06-2022 10:37

Hey Dragokas,

I haven't been active lately so I didn't see this until now. I want to personally thank you for all your contributions to both the L4D community and the SM community. I have nothing but respect for you. I've taken inspiration from a lot of your work and I want to tell you that you have better work ethic than a lot of people I've met, both online and in real life.

I wish you the best in life! :D

ReCreator 10-06-2022 13:49

Thank you for everything.
Wish you the peaceful skies above...

Mi.Cura 10-10-2022 14:13

Thanks for sharing your incredible work.
My servers would be nothing without the genius of the DEVs.
I pray that everything gets better and peace returns. Stay safe!

Dragokas 10-10-2022 14:35

Thank a much for your good words, guys and ladies.
I'm very glad to see you once more.
I wish I'll be that confident and positive.
But the story is not such cool.
Having a lot of bombing today as a long-term consequences of f*king USA government attempts to save their ass.
Anyway, as I promised, today is my 100-th published plugin.
And that's fantastic.

valedar 10-13-2022 05:13

Good luck and take care of yourself.

Darkwob 10-23-2022 15:53

I'm really sorry to hear this news, even though you were a bit stubborn and difficult to understand, I would still like to say that you left a great legacy to this community. You are a great and creative author and no forum member will ever forget your plugins. Thanks for the fun addons. Wishing you and your family a safe and peaceful future and always keep fighting for a Happy tomorrow.:)=(

Mr. Man 10-30-2022 00:59

Goodbye, really enjoyed some of your works and still use them to this day. Stay safe!

Dragokas 10-30-2022 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkwob (Post 2791470)
I'm really sorry to hear this news, even though you were a bit stubborn and difficult to understand, I would still like to say that you left a great legacy to this community. You are a great and creative author and no forum member will ever forget your plugins. Thanks for the fun addons. Wishing you and your family a safe and peaceful future and always keep fighting for a Happy tomorrow.:)=(

Yeah, stubborn thanks to people like you, otherwise I would become homeless due to proposed tasks 2 - 4$ considering required time for them.
But, thanks for wish.

Desktop 10-31-2022 00:02

Hey Dragokas, I'm here since a long long time ago, always learnt from your code or your explanations, even when I was really young (13 years old) and stupid..

You were one of the pillars of this community, thank you a lot!

Hope everything finishes alright and safe for you and your family

Darkwob 11-01-2022 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragokas (Post 2791856)
Yeah, stubborn thanks to people like you, otherwise I would become homeless due to proposed tasks 2 - 4$ considering required time for them.
But, thanks for wish.

I think I said something that couldn't be got wrong, I actually meant your stubbornness in a good way, but I think I see that you have anger against me. It's okay, bad events have happened in your life, so I think that's why you think that way.

z282846139 01-17-2023 13:15

Goodbye Dragokas, Wish you could come back soon, everything comes well. Love from China.

Lider99 07-06-2023 15:30

See you soon Dragokas, I wish you a good journey. take care of yourself my friend. thank you for everything)

hkgd 07-09-2023 01:54

https://mega.nz/file/s6tT0YzL#ELT_zz...TUFrf609ckAtpY

Hawkins 08-30-2023 05:53

Your work was among the most influential when i was learning to code. I wish you get well through it. Thank you for your great work. Hope to see you soon.

ZBzibing 02-20-2024 08:42

抛开政治,我只想对你说,我会爱你,并且拥抱你

Politics aside, I just want to say to you that I will love you and embrace you.