AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Tag Mod 2.0 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=16994)

GHW_Chronic 08-24-2005 02:20

Tag Mod 2.0

15 Attachment(s)
Version 2.0 Info:

Commands:
  • amx_tag [Normal, Freeze, Base, Team]
  • amx_tag_off

CVARs:
  • tag_freeze_msg - Shows a message when players are frozen / unfrozen (0=off 1=on)
    • Default: 0
  • tag_mode - If set, tag mod will automatically start with the specified mode (0=off 1=Normal 2=Freeze 3=Base 4=Team)
    • Default: 0

Types of Tag:
  • Normal
    • One player is IT then tags another player who then becomes the new IT.
  • Freeze
    • IT player freezes other players. Other players can be unfrozen by being touched by players other than the IT player.
  • Base
    • IT player eliminates players by tagging them. Players can eliminate themselves by reaching the base spawned where the IT player was when he was selected. If a player reaches base he will not become IT next round.
  • Team
    • Each player that is tagged by the IT player also becomes IT. Good luck to the last man standing.

v3x 08-24-2005 02:27

Looks nice ;)

Brad 08-24-2005 13:30

Re: Tag Mod

Quote:

Originally Posted by GHW_Chronic
Tested And Works

By virtue of it being posted, shouldn't the implication be that it's been tested and works? :lol:

This sounds like it could be fun. I'll have to try it out sometime.

DaSnooganS 08-24-2005 20:05

Does it still lag the server? Maybe it was just my piece of shit server that I got. :D

-SnooganS

vietsoul 08-24-2005 20:40

ummm how do u tag sumone if your it?

Kensai 08-24-2005 21:05

Seeing how it's tag, and in that game of tag you touch or TAG someone to make them it. I would guess that you just simply touch the player to tag them.

Nice plugin btw, I'll have to try this out. Is there anything that players would have to download when first connecting?

GHW_Chronic 08-24-2005 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kensai
Seeing how it's tag, and in that game of tag you touch or TAG someone to make them it. I would guess that you just simply touch the player to tag them.

Nice plugin btw, I'll have to try this out. Is there anything that players would have to download when first connecting?

First Part: 3 Types Of Tag, Not Just Normal Tag. Read The Post.

Second Part: No Precaches :-D

Kensai 08-24-2005 21:18

Quote:

Versions:
Tag - 1 Person Is It, Tag Another Person And They're It. Person Who Use To Be It Has 5 Seconds To Get Away
FreezeTag - 1 Person Is It, Tag Another Person And He's Frozen. If He Gets Tagged By Another Person, He Is Unfrozen. If A Person Gets Frozen 3 Times, He Dies. If Everyone Becomes Frozen, Tagged Person Wins.
Base Tag - Or Hide-N-Seek W/ A Base. If It Person Tags You, You Become A "TattleTail" And Your Job Is To Noclip Around And Find The Other Hiders And Tell The It Player. If You Touch Base, Same Thing. Once No People Are Left, Or RoundTime Runs Out, New Player Is Selected To Be It. (Image Of The Base Below)
You tag everyone in all 3. Am I missing something?

Freecode 08-24-2005 21:37

check your code. some loops are wrong. :wink:

GHW_Chronic 08-24-2005 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freecode
check your code. some loops are wrong. :wink:

I Dun See Nothing Wrong With Anything In There...

Zenith77 08-24-2005 22:39

Due to the uber 1337ness of this plugin...

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THAT THIS PLUGIN AND POWER UP MOD WILL REPLACE ALL OTHER PLUGINS ON MY SERVER! and possibly a few others of chronics...

Chronic...you really have over done yourself....lol like 50 plugins posted at once

GHW_Chronic 08-24-2005 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenith77
Due to the uber 1337ness of this plugin...

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THAT THIS PLUGIN AND POWER UP MOD WILL REPLACE ALL OTHER PLUGINS ON MY SERVER! and possibly a few others of chronics...

Chronic...you really have over done yourself....lol like 50 plugins posted at once

I'm Glad I Have The Support Of My Adorring Fans.

If You Think Chronic's A God, Paste This Into Your Sig.

Freecode 08-24-2005 23:21

make sure stuff like this doesnt happen
i < 32
because technicaly 32 is still a players. :wink:

GHW_Chronic 08-24-2005 23:37

it is all i<=32... I checked... I'll check again.

There is one that is i<=33 if thats the one youre reffering too, thats done on purpose...

vietsoul 08-25-2005 11:56

Im still not sure how to tag. Like if your it, do you just go up to the person and that person will be it? or do press e or something to tag.

GHW_Chronic 08-25-2005 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by vietsoul
Im still not sure how to tag. Like if your it, do you just go up to the person and that person will be it? or do press e or something to tag.

just touch them, just go up to them, they will glow accordingly to what type of tag you are playing.

Freecode 08-25-2005 19:19

check all your plugins

GHW_Chronic 08-25-2005 19:25

Quote:

check all your plugins

They've been check 100 and 10 percent. I will check them over though because i respect my elders :-D

Freecode 08-25-2005 19:43

Code:
public server_frame() {     for(new i=0;i<32;i++)

GHW_Chronic 08-25-2005 21:02

Quote:

Code:
public server_frame() {     for(new i=0;i<32;i++)

I Have A {Plugin That Uses Server Frame That's Not In The Trash?

GHW_Chronic 08-25-2005 23:22

yup, i thought so, fixed that on power-up mod.

GHW_Chronic 09-13-2005 20:17

Fixed the ResetHUD error as well as the 4 repeating set_tasks in the plugin_init.

NuMbErS 10-03-2005 00:30

did'nt work

not working for me, it will load up on the server but nothing happens when i type the cmd.

GHW_Chronic 10-03-2005 01:14

Re: did'nt work

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuMbErS
not working for me, it will load uo on the server but nothing happens when i type the cmd.

Just tested again. I tested it this time on AMXX 1.6 using the web compiler, just by clicking the Get Plugin button. And since i had tested this back on 1.1 when it was made this plugin should work. Make sure u got the right modules enabled and you are using the right command: amx_tag <1, 2, 3>.

Hitman_ 10-04-2005 22:23

this plugin worked for me but i have
1 Question is the plugin sopposed remove every one weapons?
cuz when i used it, it all worked fine but everyone still had weapons, and they could kill the person that was it

GHW_Chronic 10-04-2005 22:51

It does indeed strip their weapons. When i tested it recently it stripped their weapons. I don't know why it isnt working for you. Lemme check script real fast

GHW_Chronic 10-04-2005 22:58

It should have worked the way it was before, but jsut incase i remade a couple of lines. Try it now.

NuMbErS 10-04-2005 23:34

Re: did'nt work

Quote:

Originally Posted by GHW_Chronic
Quote:

Originally Posted by NuMbErS
not working for me, it will load up on the server but nothing happens when i type the cmd.

Just tested again. I tested it this time on AMXX 1.6 using the web compiler, just by clicking the Get Plugin button. And since i had tested this back on 1.1 when it was made this plugin should work. Make sure u got the right modules enabled and you are using the right command: amx_tag <1, 2, 3>.

nope no-one is glowing all thats happening is weapon strip wat modules do i need enabled?

*Im trying it on Sven Co-op*

GHW_Chronic 10-04-2005 23:58

fun + engine modules. It should work. I have tested this several times, i have secondguessed my work a few times, but there is nothing wrong with this script.

Lord_Destros 11-12-2005 20:26

hmmmmm, should work but it isn't

unknown unknown unknown GHW_TagMod.amxx bad load

I know i have fun and engine enabled as well as name in plugins.ini (i have cheap_suit's PM generator)

also, is the .amxx supposed to be only 1 kb?

EDIT: online compiler does not work for this plugin. Plugin must be compiled by user. great plugin though. GHW one suggestion is add some type of music :D or some type of sound that makes it SOUND fun :D.

REEDIT: Also make person who is it, SLIGHTLY faster than others. Or give him some type of advantage. Its too hard to catch anyone in freeze tag :D.

Captain Tuffy 11-29-2005 16:39

Ok, I am not trying to be a dick here so please don't take it that way. I know the kind of work it takes to create a plugin so I am not trying to give you a hard time.

I just installed this plugin on my server, changed maps, turned on freeze tag(amx_tag 2) and the round started restarting over and over again up until the number 9 then it crashed, and it would not restart until I removed the plugin. I do not know how this plugin was approved as it does not work at all. I run condition zero server with amxx 1.6 linux. It looks like a great fun idea, but my god, I just lost like 20 players because of that shit.

cool_kid_432 11-29-2005 16:55

hey if any one has a sever with this plugin could the please tell the sever name or something

Lord_Destros 11-29-2005 19:33

ummm, i do, but you'll have to find me in game if you wish to turn it on. look for [I]llusionZ | Sephoroth, Lord_Destros, or Laguna Loire.

girlshyasianguy 12-27-2005 22:53

could someone help me out with this

Welcome to the AMX Mod X 1.60-300 Compiler.
Copyright (c) 1997-2005 ITB CompuPhase, AMX Mod X Team

/home/users/amxmodx/tmp3/phpHa9oIm.sma(796) : warning 204: symbol is assigned a value that is never used: "prethinkid"
Header size: 1260 bytes
Code size: 29460 bytes
Data size: 8232 bytes
Stack/heap size: 16384 bytes; estimated max. usage=257 cells (1028 bytes)
Total requirements: 55336 bytes

1 Warning.
Done.

wtf is the prethinkid thing? and yes i am a nub programmer

Lord_Destros 12-28-2005 14:07

lol, just ignore the warning. it still should have compiled fine. having unused variables normally doesn't change anything

Dizzy 02-26-2006 00:51

Thanks, I wanted this :)

GHW_Chronic 03-25-2006 15:26

Re: Tag Mod

Updated.
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Main Post
Code:

*  v1.1 - Made less laggy and more compadible (by taking out client_PreThink)

Dan-o 03-25-2006 22:02

nice program, always wanted a tag plugin and here it is, i always run around saying lets play tag, and ends up everyone killing themselves. thanks!!

Dan-o 03-25-2006 22:54

everytime i put amx_tag 1 on my console it never works do i put it as a cvar or just put amx_tag ?

GHW_Chronic 03-25-2006 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan-o
everytime i put amx_tag 1 on my console it never works do i put it as a cvar or just put amx_tag ?

it's just amx_tag <num>. make sure you have AMXX 1.70 and that you have the engine and fun modules enabled.