AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Source Servers (SRCDS) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   [v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=213461)

NeZz_DK 09-22-2015 12:09

Re: [v2.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows

Quote:

Originally Posted by br5dy (Post 2341110)
The freezing issue is actually a weird issue with the Desktop Window Manager within Windows. I've come up with a workaround and many have had success with it. I plan on releasing it in the next version.

Did you try version 2.9 beta 2 in the link above?

I have tested 2.9 beta 2 the last couple of days, and the interface still freezes overnight.

I also lost my Servers.xml after upgrading from 2.8 to beta 2, it was gone after the first crash.

br5dy 09-27-2015 08:10

Re: [v2.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows

Hey guys,

Just an update here - I've been working with several users on the memory leak issue (where the application reaches hundreds of MB in memory).

An easy workaround for now is just to terminate "seDirector.exe" and reopen it. It should automatically pick up the servers that were running and show them running again, evening restoring the server uptime.

A permanent fix is coming, very much promised!

Sarabveer 10-06-2015 21:00

Is there any way to start the servers when the computer boots up, like a service.

I want to use seDirector, but I current;y use SRCDS Manager, which is a service, and I set it to startup the servers on boot, even if nobody logs in. Since I use my server for multiple applications, I don't wanna have to manually start the server on reboot.

Also, @br5dy, Synergy has now added Workshop support. (Synergy was the game I gave you info about).

Also, Since Synergy mounts maps from external HL2 vpk's, seDirector does not find them, can you add an option to add a custom map. (Currently, I have to extract. the map into the maps folder, set it in seDirector, then save, then delete the bsp

braak0327 10-06-2015 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarabveer (Post 2350511)
Is there any way to start the servers when the computer boots up, like a service.

I want to use seDirector, but I current;y use SRCDS Manager, which is a service, and I set it to startup the servers on boot, even if nobody logs in. Since I use my server for multiple applications, I don't wanna have to manually start the server on reboot.

server->right click->properties->Automation->"Start when seDirector starts" (check this)

Sarabveer 10-07-2015 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by braak0327 (Post 2350534)
server->right click->properties->Automation->"Start when seDirector starts" (check this)

Thats not what i'm looking for, That makes it so the server starts when I manually start seDirector. I want to make seDirector start without me even logging in

braak0327 10-08-2015 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarabveer (Post 2350682)
Thats not what i'm looking for, That makes it so the server starts when I manually start seDirector. I want to make seDirector start without me even logging in

hmm... I'm not sure I fully understand what you said

how about use what I was said and make seDirector startup program in windows?

I think this is what you want

jpwanabe 10-08-2015 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by braak0327 (Post 2351127)
hmm... I'm not sure I fully understand what you said

how about use what I was said and make seDirector startup program in windows?

I think this is what you want

he wants se director to be a service that starts before you log in with a user.

Jakeey802 10-09-2015 16:12

pretty nifty app. Woke up and the server was all updated and running from the overnight update and it hadn't crashed which usually happens my test server every 7hrs

TUSK3N1337 10-16-2015 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarabveer (Post 2350682)

Windows already have a program for this "Task Scheduler" you can add a task in there and make it so SeDirector runs even if the user is not logged in.

br5dy 10-16-2015 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarabveer (Post 2350511)

Also, @br5dy, Synergy has now added Workshop support. (Synergy was the game I gave you info about).

Also, Since Synergy mounts maps from external HL2 vpk's, seDirector does not find them, can you add an option to add a custom map. (Currently, I have to extract. the map into the maps folder, set it in seDirector, then save, then delete the bsp

We've been considering switching everything to a true Windows service, but there's some pros and cons with that. Personally I'm leaning more toward a yes. So we'll see. :)