AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.1, 3-20-2024) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=302140)

DreadedGhoul575 03-15-2019 06:47

Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.58, 3-1-2019) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]

Quote:

Originally Posted by KasperH (Post 2643383)
Okay its alright, happens sometimes. :) For supertank++ you actually need the sm dev build, the latest is 1.10 - build 6387.
I'm using it to, and it's totally working fine.
And you need to configure the cfg, example: Spawn supertanks on finale only, or random tanks to?

I tried mutant zombies to in the past, works fine. Just need to config it.
Btw every plugin is different, sometimes it's copy-paste, sometimes you need to read the installation info or config it for your needs. :)

Yeah, just figuring out what to change with some, since the mutant commons I followed as well, but the problem was that the files they said to modify didn't exist, like a l4d2 named file, but all the files don't have '2' in them.

And I get ya, cheers for letting me know, I'll keep that in mind, for my next attempt to install. :)

KasperH 03-15-2019 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreadedGhoul575 (Post 2643402)
Yeah, just figuring out what to change with some, since the mutant commons I followed as well, but the problem was that the files they said to modify didn't exist, like a l4d2 named file, but all the files don't have '2' in them.

And I get ya, cheers for letting me know, I'll keep that in mind, for my next attempt to install. :)

Nice! :) When you install a plugin, you need to restart the server, then it generates the config file.
Mostly on cfg/sourcemod, but it depends on the plugin. Supertanks++ have it on the sourcemod/data folder.
Yea they don't always have "l4d2" or something like that on the cfg file name.

Examples from my cfg folder:
"l4d_gear_transfer.cfg"
"Hell_Witch_Crys.cfg"
"l4d2_WeaponUnlock.cfg"

Depends how the developer name it. :D
Most of the time they write the cfg names in the post. like: "Saved to l4d_gear_transfer.cfg in your servers \cfg\sourcemod\ folder."
Or link a "README" page to all the info you need, which contains "Customize Super Tanks++ in addons/sourcemod/data/super_tanks++/super_tanks++.cfg"

PatriotGames 03-15-2019 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by KasperH (Post 2643403)
Nice! :) When you install a plugin, you need to restart the server, then it generates the config file.
Mostly on cfg/sourcemod, but it depends on the plugin. Supertanks++ have it on the sourcemod/data folder.
Yea they don't always have "l4d2" or something like that on the cfg file name.

Examples from my cfg folder:
"l4d_gear_transfer.cfg"
"Hell_Witch_Crys.cfg"
"l4d2_WeaponUnlock.cfg"

Depends how the developer name it. :D
Most of the time they write the cfg names in the post. like: "Saved to l4d_gear_transfer.cfg in your servers \cfg\sourcemod\ folder."
Or link a "README" page to all the info you need, which contains "Customize Super Tanks++ in addons/sourcemod/data/super_tanks++/super_tanks++.cfg"

If a plugin author does not provide any of that information about their plugin's .cfg file (assuming it creates one, but that is not always the case), you can download the source file (.sp), which all authors are required to post with their plugins. Open the .sp in any text editor and search for "AutoExecConfig", the config file name is in the quotation marks. If the AutoExecConfig function is not found in the .sp file, then the plugin will not generate a .cfg file.

Example:
Code:

AutoExecConfig(true, "l4d2_smart_item_selector");  // For my sIs plugin, the .cfg file is named "l4d2_smart_item_selector.cfg"
PG

Psyk0tik 03-15-2019 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotGames (Post 2643462)
If a plugin author does not provide any of that information about their plugin's .cfg file (assuming it creates one, but that is not always the case), you can download the source file (.sp), which all authors are required to post with their plugins. Open the .sp in any text editor and search for "AutoExecConfig", the config file name is in the quotation marks. If the AutoExecConfig function is not found in the .sp file, then the plugin will not generate a .cfg file.

Example:
Code:

AutoExecConfig(true, "l4d2_smart_item_selector");  // For my sIs plugin, the .cfg file is named "l4d2_smart_item_selector.cfg"
PG

To add to this, huge plugins like Super Tanks++ and Silvers' Missions and Weapons Info Editor may not use the AutoExecConfig() function because they're either using a KeyValues config or an SMC config. ST++ has the AutoExecConfig() function but the file generated by it only contains the version cvar. It was requested recently so users could execute Tank-related cvars whenever SM executed all plugin config files inside cfg/sourcemod.

It's best to read all the requirements and installation instructions for each plugin. The "download-drag-drop" method doesn't apply for all plugins, so not following instructions and requirements can lead to great consequences, such as crashing players or your server.

Psyk0tik 03-20-2019 03:02

Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.59, 3-20-2019) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]

Version 8.59 is out!

Download | Changelog

Mi.Cura 03-20-2019 09:39

Thank you for this Crasher. :bacon!:

Mi.Cura 03-20-2019 18:19

Hello Crascher,

There is an error occurring here, I did a test including the original .cfg file and gave the same problem:

"Custom"
{
"Enable Custom Configs" "1"
"Create Config Types" "2"
"Run Config Types" "2"
}

The above configuration should generate configuration files for "maps_configs".
But it is generating a config folder of "difficulty_configs" ???

Psyk0tik 03-21-2019 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi.Cura (Post 2644206)
Hello Crascher,

There is an error occurring here, I did a test including the original .cfg file and gave the same problem:

"Custom"
{
"Create Config Types" "2"
"Run Config Types" "2"
}

The above configuration should generate configuration files for "maps_configs".
But it is generating a config folder of "difficulty_configs" ???

Fixed; please redownload.

Also, it's "Execute Config Types" not "Run Config Types"

ricksfishin 03-21-2019 09:47

Having issue with execute difficulty configs.

"Create Config Types" "1"
"Execute Config Types" "1"

Before and after fix for mi cura

creates easy,normal,hard,impossible
example easy & normal base health are the same not what it is set for
when put on advanced it just doubles easy config base health not what is set
Thank you.

Psyk0tik 03-21-2019 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricksfishin (Post 2644275)
Having issue with execute difficulty configs.

"Create Config Types" "1"
"Execute Config Types" "1"

Before and after fix for mi cura

creates easy,normal,hard,impossible
example easy & normal base health are the same not what it is set for
when put on advanced it just doubles easy config base health not what is set
Thank you.

Fixed; please redownload.