AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   TFDodgeball (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   [TF2] TFDodgeball (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=127034)

FredJed223 05-25-2010 21:29

Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball

Quote:

Originally Posted by sejin513 (Post 1191272)
try this

sm_cvar tf_flamethrower_velocity 0
sm_cvar tf_flamethrower_burstammo 0

Does not seem to make a difference on flamethrower damage. Thanks for the suggestion. Got any others to try?

sejin513 05-25-2010 21:33

thats make a short range.
so if you not close to enemy, you cannot hurt him.

other ways, edit the ctx file. or plugins

sejin513 05-25-2010 21:36

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FredJed223 (Post 1191277)
Does not seem to make a difference on flamethrower damage. Thanks for the suggestion. Got any others to try?

try this file.

put in the tf/scripts folder

and maybe this file make a problem with sv_consistency

then try sv_consistency 0

FredJed223 05-25-2010 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by sejin513 (Post 1191284)
try this file.

put in the tf/scripts folder

and maybe this file make a problem with sv_consistency

then try sv_consistency 0

Dosent seem to work even with consistency off.

asherkin 05-26-2010 00:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredJed223 (Post 1191089)
Thanks for this plugin. Loving it. There are 2 things I want to accomplish for our Dodgeball server:

1.) Infinite ammo

2.) No damage to the other team with flamethrowers.

Are these 2 things possible with this plugin or possibly another?

It's all built-in, make sure you are not having issues with TF2Items (I released an update yesterday (1.3.1) that fixed all the issues that some people were having, make sure you have that, you'll know it's working when you have 800 ammo with the flamethrower+backburner (you can also airblast with the backburner).).

Also, a lot of people have been having issues with running class limit plugins to prevent players playing other classes than pyro. Do not do this. Everything you need to run Dodgeball is included (in tf_dodgeball_logic.sp).

marcusx 05-26-2010 05:56

News maps

db_tennis_b1 and db_castle_rc1 updated

87.98.166.81:27025 FR-EU - Les Bras Casses [Fun] DodgeBall

asherkin 05-26-2010 06:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcusx (Post 1191522)

Please can you use the tfdb_ prefix for this mod, not db_. Also, let me know if I can add them to the repo.

@yellowblood: I'm not hatin' on your maps, just want to wait untill the map config system is finished before adding them, don't want to add maps that mess with cvars.

marcusx 05-26-2010 06:43

i'll change the prefix for db_ to tfdb_ at the next compilation of map, maps are available on the server now and fully functionnal .

i don't get the meaning of "the repo", where dou you exactly want to add the maps ?

can you explain me either what is the meaning of adding tfdb_ instead of db_ on the map listing, i don't get it^^ ?

asherkin 05-26-2010 07:03

1.1.1 Released.
  • Fixes the crash issue on an airblast.

Note that the internal version numbers are still 1.1.0, it was only a small patch, so I didn't feel the need to recompile all the plugins.

Also, I left the debug line in where it detects it would have crashed, if you see this, stop playing for a minute and thank PRED* for finding and fixing the bug (while you get bombarded with rockets) :wink:.

sejin513 05-26-2010 08:15

thx for crash fix, this is what i waiting for

HoundDawg 05-26-2010 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcusx (Post 1191538)
i'll change the prefix for db_ to tfdb_ at the next compilation of map, maps are available on the server now and fully functionnal .

FYI, you don't have to re-compile a map to change the name. A simple file rename works.

Quote:

can you explain me either what is the meaning of adding tfdb_ instead of db_ on the map listing, i don't get it^^ ?
Because there are 2 separate TF2 dodgeball efforts and both db_ and dbs_ map prefixes have been in use by the voogru's dodgeball mod for over a year now. By having a unique prefix for this new open-source dodgeball (which is actually different than voogru's original dodgeball) it avoids confusion on which maps go with which dodgeball mod.

marcusx 05-26-2010 14:46

Maps updated

tfdb_castle_rc2
tfdb_tennis_b2

SatlaN 05-26-2010 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcusx (Post 1191932)

tfdb_castle_rc2
tfdb_tennis_b2

I fixed your links :)

yellowblood 05-26-2010 16:17

asherkin, the new update is awesome, I love how I can control the turning.

Although, as I said earlier in this thread, rockets should aim higher in the first few milliseconds, to avoid an expected collide with the ground among other. It's fairly easy to destroy the game now by reflecting all of your rockets to the ground.

One more thing would be the random target, but I can't be so demanding now can I? :)

You're doing a great, great job, thank you (from all of the Israeli community).

oh, and about my maps, I agree with your decision. Hoping for a better solution to these cvars.

bobbobagan 05-27-2010 07:40

dodgeball_spacearena_b6 skybox leaks so you can't play the map without everything blurring... The texture mustn't have been included or something.

db_tennis_b2 - The blue rockets on this map just fire straight into the wall, whats up with that? Also, shouldn't only 1 rocket fire, not hundreds at a time... Its supposed to be tennis... in tennis you don't have 500 balls on the court at one time :P

Oh and I had a problem with people being able to avoid the rockets, then the rockets would just endlessly circle around the player... can that be fixed?

aRcTiC 05-27-2010 09:33

for spacearena rcon sv_skyname (either hl2 or tf2) http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Sky_List then rejoin game

asherkin 05-27-2010 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowblood (Post 1192037)
Although, as I said earlier in this thread, rockets should aim higher in the first few milliseconds, to avoid an expected collide with the ground among other.

There's an issue with the code designed to 'delay' a think not working, if it's ever fixed or I implement some timing code, it'll be added.

Quote:

It's fairly easy to destroy the game now by reflecting all of your rockets to the ground.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbobagan (Post 1192466)
Oh and I had a problem with people being able to avoid the rockets, then the rockets would just endlessly circle around the player... can that be fixed?

Just increase sm_dodgeball_turnrate a little bit, 0.4 create's spiralling rings of doom if you can manage to dodge a rocket at all.

Quote:

One more thing would be the random target, but I can't be so demanding now can I? :)

First a little info on how it now works. When a rocket has an invalid target, i.e. it's just spawned, right after airblast, current target died with another rocket, etc. , it latches on to the nearest player and stays targeting then as long as they are 'valid'. This is different from the old system that used to constantly look for a better target.
This generally appears to have solved most of the issues that were created with people 'griefing' by running forwards to snag a few rockets and then running past the other players. It's not particularly simple to implement a 'nice' random system, I'll see if just iterating the clients will work, but I do think that'll have issues.
Just have to see what I come up with! If/when it does get added, it will be default off, as there are maps that work based on the fact it's harder the closer to the spawner you are (castle, for instance).

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbobagan (Post 1192466)
Also, shouldn't only 1 rocket fire, not hundreds at a time... Its supposed to be tennis... in tennis you don't have 500 balls on the court at one time :P

As you may have noticed reading the thread, there is no way for map authors to specify the dodgeball settings for their map built-in yet.

Cau3T 05-27-2010 11:33

Hi,

First, thank you for this amazing mod !
Second, I've a little question :

Does the rocket have the same direction than the "info_target" of the map ?
(i.e. in tennis for instance, if I turn the blue "info_target", does the blue rockets will be spawned with an orientable angle ?)

asherkin 05-27-2010 11:41

Yes, they are initially spawned facing, and propelled towards, the direction in which the info_target's angles point.

bobbobagan 05-27-2010 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by asherkin (Post 1192557)
As you may have noticed reading the thread, there is no way for map authors to specify the dodgeball settings for their map built-in yet.

Strange, some maps I played (like baseball) only fired one rocket at a time.

asherkin 05-27-2010 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbobagan (Post 1192774)
Strange, some maps I played (like baseball) only fired one rocket at a time.

There is a point_servercommand in the map that is fired on round-start that edits the sm_dodgeball_* cvars, these changes carry over to future maps.

DrWagstaff 05-27-2010 17:41

I have a feature request. I was thinking of making a map that would sort of be volley ball, but I realized the rocket AI just sort of seeks you path of least resistance style. Can you add the ability for map makers to put in "hoops" of sort that the rockets have to pass through on every trip between players? That way I could direct the rockets over a net, hill, what have you, as they go between players

Then it could be volley ball, or wack dodgeball with sawmill blades and the rockets wouldnt collide with whatevers in the middle.

EDIT: Maybe support for multiple "hoops" so the one nearest to the player is used to re-direct the rocket. That way you can have a few separate paths that balls might travel over, flanking both sides, from above, from below, whatever.

marcusx 05-27-2010 18:58

Maps update

tfdb_castle final
tfdb_tennis final
tfdb_dream_island_b1

Vaskituh 05-28-2010 10:10

I put everything on the right places, but i put:

sm plugins unload tf_dodgeball_logic.smx
sm plugins unload tf_dodgeball_rockets.smx
sm plugins unload tf2items_manager.smx

On the Configs of War (ETF2L, WirePlay, etc)

What command do i put on the config of the dodgeball maps for them to work, cause right now everything works except that there are no rockets..

Newsworthy 05-29-2010 10:17

I just wanted to say thank you very much for this mod. I've installed this after I had issues with Prop Hunt, and our players couldn't be happier.

We're happy to have the third Australian Dodgeball server. Address is 203.14.173.85:27015

Thanks again for an awesome mod, and mappers thanks for your great work! I look forward to your updates and improvements. :)

bobbobagan 05-29-2010 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newsworthy (Post 1194329)
I just wanted to say thank you very much for this mod. I've installed this after I had issues with Prop Hunt, and our players couldn't be happier.

We're happy to have the first Australian Dodgeball server. Address is 203.14.173.85:27015

Thanks again for an awesome mod, and mappers thanks for your great work! I look forward to your updates and improvements. :)

No actually... You aren't the first :P

There is two other Australian Dodgeball servers, one is a TF2Dodgeball mod that runs off Voogru's dodgeball plugin which has been up for ages, the other one I put up a few days ago xD So you are the 3rd :P

Newsworthy 05-30-2010 05:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbobagan (Post 1194437)
No actually... You aren't the first :P

There is two other Australian Dodgeball servers, one is a TF2Dodgeball mod that runs off Voogru's dodgeball plugin which has been up for ages, the other one I put up a few days ago xD So you are the 3rd :P

Shit. Sorry. :(

yellowblood 05-30-2010 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newsworthy (Post 1195027)
Shit. Sorry. :(

hey cheer up, you're the NEWEST Australian dodgeball server! it's something, isn't it?

yellowblood 05-30-2010 16:42

OMG THIS MESSAGE HAVE BEEN COMPROMISED

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=153

Newsworthy 05-30-2010 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowblood (Post 1195493)
hey cheer up, you're the NEWEST Australian dodgeball server! it's something, isn't it?

You're right. :)

Also, thanks for the new maps! I'll upload them tonight. :)

astokes 05-30-2010 21:10

Im trying all the new maps, and all of them are stuck on 0:00 waiting on players

what is the cause of this?

Domele 05-31-2010 00:10

I'm a newb when it comes to modding. I'm wondering how to install this mod. I've tried putting the files in the extension folder into the extension folder in the sourcemod folder and the same for every other folder. Does that make sense? Anyways, sourcemod fails to load the plugin. Can someone please give me a step by step guide to installing this mod?

yellowblood 05-31-2010 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by astokes (Post 1195750)
Im trying all the new maps, and all of them are stuck on 0:00 waiting on players

what is the cause of this?

Since it's arena mod, you need at least 2 players to start the game.

yellowblood 05-31-2010 00:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Domele (Post 1195848)
I'm a newb when it comes to modding. I'm wondering how to install this mod. I've tried putting the files in the extension folder into the extension folder in the sourcemod folder and the same for every other folder. Does that make sense? Anyways, sourcemod fails to load the plugin. Can someone please give me a step by step guide to installing this mod?

To get SourceMod to work you need to install Metamod first.

Then you basically throw all of the files inside the SourceMod - the Hooks plugin, the TF2Items plugin, and then of course the dodgeball plugin.

Everything should be inside your tf/addons folder.

Domele 05-31-2010 01:12

So only thing that is supposed to be in the base addon folder is sourcemod, metamod, and metamod vdf file right? And every other plugin goes into sourcemod? Also how do you load plugins, I know to do sm plugins load but I don't know the path I'm supposed to be using.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot, the plugins are already loaded.

Newsworthy 05-31-2010 06:37

Yellowblood, installed those maps, they're awesome, thanks for the update.

I've noticed that all my default rocket settings (As you pointed out) have changed. And with each round end, they revert to your map setting, of 1 rocket, sharp turning. We like multiple rockets and a bit less sentry-like rocket action. :)

How do I 'over-ride' your settings to keep my own? My .cfg file isn't cutting it atm...

yellowblood 05-31-2010 13:36

Currently I only play in our Dodgeball server in Israel, and it has some multi-rocket maps, and they aren't effected.

I'm not sure about it, but I think the server.cfg runs after every map, so you might wanna put the settings (from the main post of this thread) in there.

Newsworthy 06-01-2010 05:51

Given its an arena mod, wouldn't it be config_arena? Also, its not after every map, its after every round within a map. I'll even spawn rockets at 0.2 seconds max of 40, and once the round ends, it reverts. Your thoughts?

marcusx 06-01-2010 07:09

News maps + updated

tfbd_mechanicus_b2 News maps
tfdb_dream_island_b2 Updated to b2

HoundDawg 06-01-2010 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newsworthy (Post 1196851)
Given its an arena mod, wouldn't it be config_arena? Also, its not after every map, its after every round within a map.

This mod isn't restricted to "arena" only maps. That's up to the mapper to decide. If the mapper configures the map for a single rocket style of gameplay, through whatever means they can within the map, that's what it will be every round within that map.

It's up to the mod developers to decide if config files override the mapper's settings.

So, if you find a map firing off a single rocket at a time, and you'd prefer multiple rockets, request a multiple rocket version of the map (or vice-versa).