AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [Hidden:Source] Visibility (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=199187)

paegus 06-12-2013 02:16

Re: [Hidden:Source] Visibility

Re the +visible issue: what happens when they join another server with the visibility plugin?

The vis model also works without issue from what I can see. You may need to check your server's sourcemod error log to see if there's an issue.

treminaor 06-12-2013 02:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by paegus (Post 1969035)
Re the +visible issue: what happens when they join another server with the visibility plugin?

The vis model also works without issue from what I can see. You may need to check your server's sourcemod error log to see if there's an issue.

I'll have him join another server and report back once we know the results.

Regarding the model and error log,

Code:

L 06/11/2013 - 21:03:32: [hsm_visibility.smx] [VISTOG] Model "models/executive/hr_model_plantpot01.mdl" does not exist in filesystem. Using default: "models/executive/hr_model_plantpot01.mdl"
That would probably explain why the model is defaulting to the hidden character? I have no idea.

I get a similar error again when trying to use the model I chose, which was a crate:
Code:

L 06/11/2013 - 21:04:59: [hsm_visibility.smx] [VISTOG] Model "= models/generic/gen_model_crate01.mdl" does not exist in filesystem. Using default: "models/executive/hr_model_plantpot01.mdl"
The rest of the log file just contains session start/stop lines.

treminaor 06-12-2013 21:10

He joined two servers from that list you provided and he couldn't use +visible on either of them. Is there some client-side file he's missing? Typing "+visible" into the console while playing as the Hidden shows "Unknown Command +visible", so that rules out the possibility of his bind not being correct (since the command itself is unknown). What should we do?

paegus 06-13-2013 03:11

I'm afraid I have no clue why certain clients can't use the public command. I'll ask in the general scripting forum to see if anyone knows of a reason this would occur.

Quote:

Originally Posted by treminaor (Post 1969037)
Regarding the model and error log,

Code:

L 06/11/2013 - 21:03:32: [hsm_visibility.smx] [VISTOG] Model "models/executive/hr_model_plantpot01.mdl" does not exist in filesystem. Using default: "models/executive/hr_model_plantpot01.mdl"
That would probably explain why the model is defaulting to the hidden character? I have no idea.

This default model is included in the both the client download and the server download by default so this error could only mean that something has deleted the file or the plugin doesn't have permission within the OS file system to read said file.

Quote:

I get a similar error again when trying to use the model I chose, which was a crate:
Code:

L 06/11/2013 - 21:04:59: [hsm_visibility.smx] [VISTOG] Model "= models/generic/gen_model_crate01.mdl" does not exist in filesystem. Using default: "models/executive/hr_model_plantpot01.mdl"
The rest of the log file just contains session start/stop lines.
Similar but not the same. Note the presence of the "= models/..."?
You don't want to say hsm_vis_model = blah just have hsm_vis_model blah...

treminaor 06-13-2013 03:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by paegus (Post 1969493)
I'm afraid I have no clue why certain clients can't use the public command. I'll ask in the general scripting forum to see if anyone knows of a reason this would occur.

Thanks!
Quote:

This default model is included in the both the client download and the server download by default so this error could only mean that something has deleted the file or the plugin doesn't have permission within the OS file system to read said file.

Personally I've never been on a Hidden server with +visible where the model was set to a plant pot. I have a feeling if it worked by default I would have seen it by now. I'll look into the filesystem permissions - the file exists.

Quote:

Similar but not the same. Note the presence of the "= models/..."?
You don't want to say hsm_vis_model = blah just have hsm_vis_model blah...

Ah yes I see my error - I'll try again when I get a chance.

paegus 06-13-2013 03:31

The plantpot filename is misleading. That IS the hidden player model... well it used to be. It also contains the visible textured version.

Though frankly, if the server can't access that model, then theoretically it should be failing for EVERYONE as it errors out before it reaches the successful "Plugin_Handled" output that prevents the command from reaching the core and the core replying with "Unknown command"...

Odd that it happens on multiple servers.

When would they be available to test it live? my time slots are quite limited and my steam umm.. thingy is http://steamcommunity.com/id/paegus

treminaor 06-13-2013 03:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by paegus (Post 1969500)
The plantpot filename is misleading. That IS the hidden player model... well
When would they be available to test it live? my time slots are quite limited and my steam umm.. thingy is http://steamcommunity.com/id/paegus

If you could provide me with a schedule, my friend could meet up with you on any server around this time (or later, or earlier) - whenever is convenient for you. Just let me know a date, time, and timezone and I'll let him know. I'll add you on Steam if you would rather talk there.

treminaor 06-14-2013 02:15

When a client connects who can't use +visible, I see this in the server console:

CreateFragmentsFromFile: 'downloads/01df9a03.dat' doesn't exist.
CreateFragmentsFromFile: 'downloads/01df9a03.dat' doesn't exist.

paegus 06-14-2013 04:25

This issue is resolve. Stray = signs are stray...

Dragonman326 06-19-2013 19:08

Where would the plugins folder? i have the Hidden folder in C:\Srcds\Hidden but when i look in Hidden there is no plugins folder? Do i create one and drop this plugin in there?