AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Extensions (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   [ANY] SteamWorks (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=229556)

Dr. Greg House 01-09-2014 05:06

Re: [ANY] SteamWorks

Are you talking about L4D(2)?

h3bus 01-09-2014 05:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House (Post 2083364)
Are you talking about L4D(2)?

Sorry CS:GO, Fixed my post!

V1SoR 01-09-2014 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleS (Post 2083088)
Indeed. The Pawn interface may change dramatically if there's a request for a certain style of natives.

Not sure what you're talking about here. if you're implying that it's not "safe" to use inc files, then I'd really like to hear psychonic's or asherkin's stance on the matter.

In any event, unlike forwards, using natives in plugins is impossible without inc files or without declaring them in APLRes forwards. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of *not* having an inc file?

KyleS 01-09-2014 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by V1SoR (Post 2083488)
Not sure what you're talking about here. if you're implying that it's not "safe" to use inc files, then I'd really like to hear psychonic's or asherkin's stance on the matter.

I was actually implying the moon is cheese. Actually though, I was saying my API isn't stable, which is why no inc exists. For instance, asherkin in the thread said he'd rather not have my extension's natives/forwards clash with his, so changing that just broke a bunch of plugins. If I had shipped it as is, we would have a problem. Not shipping one kind of stops people from using it, I'm actually after feature requests at the moment.
Quote:

Originally Posted by V1SoR (Post 2083488)
In any event, unlike forwards, using natives in plugins is impossible without inc files or without declaring them in APLRes forwards. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of *not* having an inc file?

Uh, you can create natives in AskPluginLoad2... If you'd like to declare a native, you simply do something like `native bool:Steam_GetLemon(const String:sRonaldsLocation[]);` above your usages, and away you go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by h3bus (Post 2083361)
Would this extension be usefull to fix steam connection loss on linux CS:GO SRCDS (server that don't re-connect to steam until hibernation)?
This is really a pain and occurs sometimes more than once a day, server then need to be empty to allow new user connections (or they get "Session no longer available").

Would you like it to? ;)

Dr. Greg House 01-09-2014 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleS (Post 2083493)
[...]Would you like it to? ;)

How does the issue with CS:GO manifest? I think the same issue also exists in L4D(2).

h3bus 01-10-2014 04:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleS (Post 2083493)
Would you like it to? ;)

Oh yeah! And I wouldn't be the only one pleased by this feature!

However I really don't know if we can access the connection trigger to steam.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House (Post 2083544)
How does the issue with CS:GO manifest? I think the same issue also exists in L4D(2).

I don't know what is going on behind the scene but what can be observed is: when a client connects, the connection windows shows up (for around 5 seconds) then an error message "Session no longer available" pops.
Client is never actually detected connected by server. My guess is that there is some weird thing going on with the lobby reservation.

I don't know why but when the server empties out, "something" occurs (I guess that server try to reconnect to steam during hibernation, or at first player connection), and clients can connect again. But having an empty server may take a while if you're relunctant to kick everyone out!

When steam works fine this is not really a problem as it occurs usually once in a day, but when steam is overloaded (like right after christmas) server becomes unavailable each 30mn!

V1SoR 01-10-2014 17:04

My Steamworks fork for L4D2 -- supports blocking Family Sharing and Free-to-Buy players(BETA)

I've taken it into a bit different direction, changing some sensitive aspects, so I decided that my pull request wouldn't be accepted anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I haven't compiled the Windows version so if anyone wants, go ahead.

Linux binary: https://github.com/Attano/SteamWorks...aster/binaries
Include: https://github.com/Attano/SteamWorks...steamworks.inc
Plugin: https://github.com/Attano/SteamWorks...hip_tracker.sp

psychonic 01-10-2014 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by V1SoR (Post 2084119)
My Steamworks fork for L4D2 -- supports blocking Family Sharing and Free-to-Buy players(BETA)

I've taken it into a bit different direction, changing some sensitive aspects, so I decided that my pull request wouldn't be accepted anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Why did you remove the license text?

V1SoR 01-10-2014 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 2084130)
Why did you remove the license text?

Was judging by the fact that most repos I know of don't have it. I'll commit it back if it's necessary.

Edit: Done.

Dr. Greg House 01-10-2014 18:23

Quote:

Aren't multiple checks necessary due to different ids for DE and AU versions?

V1SoR 01-10-2014 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House (Post 2084140)
Aren't multiple checks necessary due to different ids for DE and AU versions?

I'm checking if the user has this. It's common for all subs, irregardless of the country.

Besides, the function I'm using wouldn't be able to detect these subscriptions anyway. It can only find AppIDs, which are games themselves or DLC for them. This is not the same as subscription IDs. For the latter, I'd have to detour a Steam validation function and intercept the auth ticket. In L4D2, this proved out to cause quite a number of random crashes. Most likely it can be fixed, but it's not necessary(at least for now).

s.m.a.c head 01-11-2014 11:09

Quote:

Wow good job V1SoR and many thanks

Unable to load plugin "blockfamilysharing.smx": Required extension "steamworks" file("steamworks.ext") not running
L 01/11/2014 - 19:43:45: Error log file session closed.
SourceMod Version: 1.5.2
metamod 1.10.0

any ideas ?

<FAILED> file "steamworks.ext.so": Extension version is too new to load (7, max is 5)
I think this is the problem

EDIT
thanks V1SoR works like a charm

V1SoR 01-11-2014 14:28

Yeah I compiled the extension against the latest SM SDK. Just update your Sourcemod to 1.6.x and you'll be fine.

Here's what I'm running. Stable and compatible with this extension:

MetaMod:Source v1.9.3-devV, Stripper v1.2.2, SourceMod v1.6.0-dev+4134

2KyleS: Sorry for hijacking your thread. Just let me know if you want me to create a separate one, I'll do so and ask the mods to move all the related posts in there.

KyleS 01-11-2014 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by V1SoR (Post 2084554)
2KyleS: Sorry for hijacking your thread. Just let me know if you want me to create a separate one, I'll do so and ask the mods to move all the related posts in there.

Forks are welcome, just promotes usage. I suggest you resync (if you're looking to use SourceHook). Your sm_WasRestartRequested native won't work without it.

PHP Code:

/// Returns true if the master server has requested a restart.
/// Only returns true once per request.
virtual bool WasRestartRequested() = 0

http://hg.alliedmods.net/hl2sdks/hl2...meserver.h#l78

Are you sure sm_UserHasSubscription works? :o

V1SoR 01-11-2014 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleS (Post 2084573)
Forks are welcome, just promotes usage. I suggest you resync (if you're looking to use SourceHook). Your sm_WasRestartRequested native won't work without it.

Thanks for the tip, figures why it's hooked in SteamTools.
Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleS (Post 2084573)
Are you sure sm_UserHasSubscription works? :o

Well I wouldn't post something without giving it a minimum amount of testing now would I? It works as long as you can tell the difference between subscription and application IDs. Strictly speaking, you can open the Steam store page and look for stuff whose ID in the URL is prepended by "app/". If that plus the condition of being related to the main AppID(must be a DLC, expansion or the game itself) is satisfied, then it will work.

Update: Couldn't find any DLC or other related AppIDs for CS games, but here's the DLC page for TF2. Everything from it should work with this function, if you're eager to test.

Root_ 01-11-2014 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by h3bus (Post 2083361)
Would this extension be usefull to fix steam connection loss on linux CS:GO SRCDS (server that don't re-connect to steam until hibernation)?
This is really a pain and occurs sometimes more than once a day, server then need to be empty to allow new user connections (or they get "Session no longer available").

Maybe forcing a heartbeat might get server to re-connect...

I second this. This issue is appearing a bit often nowadays, and I think its steam lobby system problem (or whatver its called), so I think forcing hearthbeat or at least retrieving whether or not server is not reponding/players cant connect it would be very very very very useful. :)

KyleS 01-11-2014 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by V1SoR (Post 2084603)
Update: Couldn't find any DLC or other related AppIDs for CS games, but here's the DLC page for TF2. Everything from it should work with this function, if you're eager to test.

Seems to work for me :o nice find. I thought it didn't, but I digress.

I've added this to mine (I wish I could just grab their engine CSteamID :( ).

Dr. Greg House 01-13-2014 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by V1SoR (Post 2084554)
Yeah I compiled the extension against the latest SM SDK. Just update your Sourcemod to 1.6.x and you'll be fine.

Here's what I'm running. Stable and compatible with this extension:

MetaMod:Source v1.9.3-devV, Stripper v1.2.2, SourceMod v1.6.0-dev+4134[...]

Meh.
What is needed for compilation?
I'm getting this:
Code:

extension.h:41:30: fatal error: isteamgameserver.h: No such file or directory
Google suggested hl2sdk-2013 but mercurial is so slow atm.

KyleS 01-13-2014 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House (Post 2085387)
Google suggested hl2sdk-2013 but mercurial is so slow atm.

Google would be correct. The present reversed SDKs are outdated, matching each Steam interface can be quite the thing (which is presumably the reason). Your binary may not run on The Ship, but it should work just fine for Source 2k7 games (and presumably later games).

Actually, thinking about it now, we should be compiling against the AlienSwarm headers to get max compatibility (first SDK to include the header (afaik)).

EDIT: Are you trying to compile his?

Dr. Greg House 01-13-2014 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleS (Post 2085389)
[...]EDIT: Are you trying to compile his?

Yes. (See IRC)

EDIT:
Ok so far I am still unable to compile either one of those extensions.

V1SoR 01-13-2014 18:43

Apparently there's an issue. It is not safe to check the clients for DLC ownership in OnClientAuthorized(). If more than 1 connect at once(i.e. from the lobby), the server will crash. Moving all the checks to OnClientPutInServer() seems to have resolved this issue. But it needs more testing.

KyleS 01-13-2014 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by V1SoR (Post 2085567)
Apparently there's an issue. It is not safe to check the clients for DLC ownership in OnClientAuthorized(). If more than 1 connect at once(i.e. from the lobby), the server will crash. Moving all the checks to OnClientPutInServer() seems to have resolved this issue. But it needs more testing.

Can you attach a debugger and grab a backtrace? in frame 1 and 0 can you type `info registers`?

s.m.a.c head 01-13-2014 18:53

Quote:

Im getting lobby joining then instant crash :cry: hope you can fix it :) does not happen every time though.

Dr. Greg House 01-14-2014 01:00

Quote:

Meh, still the same issue for me using the build kyle gave me.

EDIT:
Checking does not crash the server midgame or when you do it on "OnClientConnect". However with kyle's build the result is always 2.
I am using sourcemod 1.5 BTW.

KyleS 01-14-2014 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House (Post 2085651)
Meh, still the same issue for me using the build kyle gave me.

EDIT:
Checking does not crash the server midgame or when you do it on "OnClientConnect". However with kyle's build the result is always 2.
I am using sourcemod 1.5 BTW.

Right, you need to do it when the callback is hit. I still need to implement it, but it's very straight forward.

I'm still very interested in a back trace with those registers, if it is indeed crashing.

Dr. Greg House 01-14-2014 08:37

Never done it before. Tell me how to do it. Accelerator does not get to fetch the dump.

KyleS 01-14-2014 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House (Post 2085739)
Never done it before. Tell me how to do it.

ps aux | grep srcds_linux
PHP Code:

plaguef11811 91.9  9.6 577708 388952 pts/1   Rl+  Jan12 2109:41 ./srcds_linux -game cstrike  -debug -secure -nobreakpad -gdb /usr/bin/gdb -dumplongticks 

gdb attach 11811
PHP Code:

Reading symbols from /lib/libz.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libz.so.1
Reading symbols from 
/lib/libnss_db.so.2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libnss_db.so.2
0xffffe430 in __kernel_vsyscall 
()
(
gdb

continue
PHP Code:

(gdb) continue
Continuing

Cause the crash...

PHP Code:

Program terminated with signal 11Segmentation fault.
#0  0xf616a570 in CEngineRecipientFilter::IncludesPlayer(int) ()

from /home/plaguefest/servers2/css/*/bin/engine_srv.so
(gdb) 

bt full
PHP Code:

(gdbbt full

No symbol table info available.
#1  0xf6120696 in CBaseClient::IgnoreTempEntity(CEventInfo*) ()
   from /home/plaguefest/servers2/css/*/
bin/engine_srv.so
No symbol table info available
#2  0xf6131218 in CBaseServer::WriteTempEntities(CBaseClient*, CFrameSnapshot*, CFrameSnapshot*, bf_write&, int) ()

No symbol table info available.
#3  0xf61243b3 in CBaseClient::SendSnapshot(CClientFrame*) ()
   from /home/plaguefest/servers2/css/*/
bin/engine_srv.so 

frame 0
info registers

PHP Code:

(gdbframe 0

(gdb) info registers
eax            0xb0     176
ecx            0xffdb1c40       -2417600
edx            0xf6289d88       -165110392
ebx            0xba27cbc        195198140
esp            0xffd6b630       0xffd6b630
ebp            0xffd6b658       0xffd6b658
esi            0x0      0
edi            0x16     22
eip            0xf616a570       0xf616a570 <CEngineRecipientFilter::IncludesPlayer(int)+48>
eflags         0x210286 [ PF SF IF RF ID ]
cs             0x23     35
ss             0x2b     43
ds             0x2b     43
es             0x2b     43
fs             0x0      0
gs             0x63     99
(gdb) 

Capture the first couple frames with registers (frame 1, frame 2). Copy the full output from `bt full` and those info registers and post them here.

Dr. Greg House 01-14-2014 12:09

Okay, couldn't get the server to crash atm (borked my own plugin), check back in half an hour (dinner).

EDIT:
Code:

warning: Could not load shared library symbols for bin/steamclient.so.
Do you need "set solib-search-path" or "set sysroot"?
[New Thread 0xe751cb40 (LWP 26826)]
warning: Could not load shared library symbols for bin/crashhandler.so.
[New Thread 0xe5e32b40 (LWP 26827)]
warning: Could not load shared library symbols for bin/libsteamvalidateuseridtickets.so.
[Thread 0xe751cb40 (LWP 26826) exited]
[New Thread 0xe751cb40 (LWP 26845)]
[New Thread 0xe5b86b40 (LWP 26904)]
[Thread 0xe5b86b40 (LWP 26904) exited]
[Thread 0xe5e32b40 (LWP 26827) exited]
[Thread 0xe751cb40 (LWP 26845) exited]
warning: Could not load shared library symbols for bin/steamclient.so.
[New Thread 0xe751cb40 (LWP 26925)]
warning: Could not load shared library symbols for bin/crashhandler.so.
[New Thread 0xe5e32b40 (LWP 26926)]
[Thread 0xe751cb40 (LWP 26925) exited]
warning: Could not load shared library symbols for bin/libsteamvalidateuseridtickets.so.

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0xf65024f0 in sm_UserHasLicenseForApp (pContext=0x9c5f4c0, params=0x9c6dc98) at gsnatives.cpp:175
175    gsnatives.cpp: No such file or directory.

Dr. Greg House 01-17-2014 02:27

Any news?
Can I help with something?

KyleS 01-17-2014 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House (Post 2087075)
Any news?

https://github.com/KyleSanderson/Ste...commits/master Jan14th.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House (Post 2087075)
Can I help with something?

While testing I hit an old SM extension bug to do with reloadin, and that took most of the day. There's also something strange that happens with the detour that I need to look at further. I can make another build for you (preferably you build it yourself), but it may cause even more problems.

Dr. Greg House 01-17-2014 02:45

Not afraid of testing anything unstable but if I recall correctly I hit some bumps when I tried to compile it.

s.m.a.c head 01-19-2014 03:05

If anyone needs help testing a plugin I can help with that, Is there no way to make it work like 3rd person shoulder block that actually lets the player connect first then kicks with a message ?

EDIT: Still getting map change crashes with no free/account sharing players joining.
Code:

L 01/20/2014 - 11:16:43: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:16:43: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:17:09: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:17:10: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:17:11: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:17:15: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:17:53: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:17:56: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:25:19: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:25:24: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:25:25: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:25:29: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:26:13: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:26:23: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:27:12: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:27:20: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:27:22: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:27:25: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:28:05: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:28:18: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:28:39: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:28:55: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:28:56: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!
L 01/20/2014 - 11:28:58: [blockfamilysharing.smx] Steamworks: No Steam Connection!

L 01/20/2014 - 11:30:02: [SM] Unable to load extension "steamtools.ext": Could not find interface: ServerGameDLL007

Code:

sm exts list
[14] Steamworks-L4D2 (1.2): Exposes some of the Steamworks functions to SourceMod

Code:

L 01/21/2014 - 00:00:25: [SM] Native "Steamworks_UserHasSubscription" reported: Could not retrieve CSteamID for client 5.
L 01/21/2014 - 00:00:25: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "blockfamilysharing.smx":

Dr. Greg House 01-30-2014 03:32

Coming back to the "block"-"feature":
http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=7025

I think this should make it more understandable to those unfamiliar with the game and its matchmaking system.

Also, while browsing through "matchmaking_srv", is it possible to determine whether two people are friends?

GoD-Tony 02-06-2014 06:57

SteamWorks_TokenRequested seems to be working great on CS:S/Windows. Nice job KyleS!

KyleS 02-07-2014 00:19

1 Attachment(s)
Latest snapshot, which includes SteamWorks_TokenRequested. SteamClient will assert if you login anonymously then use an authenticated login, so that's disabled at the moment. If you have a plugin that loads at start, it should utilize this forward as GameServers are moving towards persistent accounts.

Against my better judgement, here's an inc https://github.com/KyleSanderson/Ste...SteamWorks.inc .

GoD-Tony 02-07-2014 02:17

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleS (Post 2096599)
Latest snapshot, which includes SteamWorks_TokenRequested.

Posting a Windows build at the same snapshot in case someone is interested.

KyleS 02-08-2014 16:47

Added HTTP natives, SteamWorks_GetHTTPResponseBodyCallback should be able to avoid all of the badness in other APIs. Let me know if you'd like helpers.

Dr. Greg House 02-08-2014 22:26

Nice. IIRC steamtools could be used to query a client's stats. That would be quite interesting for l4d(2).

klausenbusk 02-13-2014 11:03

Hello

Could you add a function/forward so i could change the public ip with this extension? You may ask why. I have this setup:

Linux VPS --> Home Connection --> "Powerfull" Linux machine.

The VPS act as ddos protection and forward all UDP packets to my home connection where my "powerfull" linux machine is. And it works nearly, the only problem is that the public ip reported to the masterlist is my home connection ip, how can i change that?

h3bus 02-13-2014 11:09

Won't +ip in command line work?