AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Anti DoubleDuck (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=70721)

Silencer123 05-01-2008 10:59

Re: Anti DoubleDuck

Yeah, it is always better to use up a little bit more memory to save up some CPU capacity,
especially since Memory became that cheap to buy.

Oh and are you certain that it is a real bug and not a feature that came up by a weird
coincidence but was not removed because it got looked at thinking of it as a nice gameplay addition?

For me it definately adds to the gameplay experience and constructivity, even if just a little.

MPNumB 05-01-2008 11:24

If it's not a bug, then why it is removed in css? And if it's not a bug, then all my fix plugins are just feature removes and sholdn't be approved.

Wake up! It was a bug, it is a bug, and always will be a bug just like meny other hl-engine bugs, what you don't wanna remove!

P.S. If it's not a bug, send me a demo how you are doubleducking irl. :D

===

Ill remove that -1 format when it will be approved if will. Or if approvers will say that they wont approve it while that -1 format exists.

Brad 05-01-2008 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPNumB (Post 619752)
Ill remove that -1 format when it will be approved if will. Or if approvers will say that they wont approve it while that -1 format exists.

I am a plugin approver. Approval would not be based on whether you use your players array as 0 or 1 based. I personally would argue that it's good programming practice to use it as 1-based, rather than the way you are using it.

MPNumB 05-01-2008 11:59

Updated to 1.1 :
Changed: made 1-based array (lower cpu usage).
Changed: modified check when user is pre-doubleducking - now uses only 1 variable (lower cpu usage).

plasmo 05-02-2008 17:18

great plugin. mclovin it

Orangutanz 05-06-2008 11:56

MPNumB:
Can you pm me the map(s) that can utilise this and how exactly to do it, I would like to debug what is going on with hitboxes etc.

Mordekay 05-10-2008 04:07

It is possible on every map with crates that have the same high like the playermodels.
For example de_aztec bridge room t side.
The second box in the room. Stay infront of it and hit duck for less than 0.2 seconds. You will be able to see above the crate into the bridge-room on CT side

anssik 05-13-2008 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mordekay (Post 623793)
It is possible on every map with crates that have the same high like the playermodels.
For example de_aztec bridge room t side.
The second box in the room. Stay infront of it and hit duck for less than 0.2 seconds. You will be able to see above the crate into the bridge-room on CT side

Yes, the easiest way is to bind +duck to mwheelup. This is a very commonly used tactic among professional CS gaming.

Mordekay 05-13-2008 11:30

....among bugusers skills.
Isn't it that what you wanted to say?
These kind of movement is prohibbited in many leagues as it gives you an unfair advantage. Harder to hit and more silent than normal running, but nearby same speed.

MPNumB 05-14-2008 09:02

Accualy I like this all bugs myself. Realy they are not ilegal. Cpl people and some more noobs (like csp developers) were just to envy that they can't do pro-level movement's, so thay said "illegal - don't use it...". I just got tired of bans for kz-jumping on normal servers, so I decited to create some plugins that block thise bugs, so admins can choose or ban people cuz of envity or install bug fix plugins.

P.S. This is only one of meny jumping fix plugins. - Main extreme-jump fixes i'll sumbit when and if all other my bug fix plugins will be approved.