AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Scripting (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Scripting Forum (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=52664)

dalto 08-04-2007 12:09

Re: Scripting Forum

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peoples Army (Post 512418)
i wanted to get the sdk but its a tarbell file . what the hell is that and how do i open it ?????

It is in tar format commonly used in *nix environments.

Use 7-Zip to open it on Windows.

EDIT: Also, you don't need the SDK to write scripts. Everything you need is in the main distribution.

Peoples Army 08-04-2007 14:40

yeah ill take a look thru my includes too see . thanks

frozenarmageddon 12-22-2008 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAILOPAN (Post 453313)
Compiling Plugins
In Windows, open up a command prompt and use:
Code:

cd <sourcemod>\scripting
spcomp myplugin.sp

Maybe im just stupid... or just did something wrong [its hard to think clear at 3:47 AM] but it says:
Code:

'spcom' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
anyway to fix? :stupid:

I can try to make a nice compiler and code editing program in java, as soon as I fugure out how to compile ._.

naris 12-23-2008 04:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenarmageddon (Post 731742)
'spcom' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAILOPAN (Post 453313)
./spcomp myplugin.sp

Try spcomp like it says instead of spcom :nono:

naris 12-23-2008 04:50

Quote:

[its hard to think clear at 3:47 AM]

I think that's the problem -- I've been there :avast:

frozenarmageddon 12-23-2008 05:52

lol, I didn't see the "p" thanks for clearing it out for me :oops:

btw, anuther way to compile evrything [in your scripting folder, or where your "compile.exe\spcomp.exe" is] is just double clicking it and\or putting a shortcut of the compiler in an easly accessible place ^_^

My idea was of creating a batch file to compile from the desktop and then sending it to the game's addons\sourcemod folder because I am not aware of any kind of scripting tool that actualy uses the scripting folder as base ^_^ I may upload it or its content if I will actualy do it :D

[Didn't tried it yet because I wanted to actualy code first, so if im wrong just remove this part :wink:]

Edit: SM mods\makers\creators\whatever, if you are plannig to make something like the "AMX Mod X Studio" for SM please tell me so I wont waste my time on a java app if eventualy there will be a nice big program [probebly even more stable and usefull than mine] that can replace mine :|

DJ Tsunami 12-23-2008 07:09

Pawn Studio? Uses the scripting folder as a base if you point it to spcomp.exe, puts plugins in the plugins folder.

frozenarmageddon 12-24-2008 09:31

DJ Tsunami [DJ?!] thx alot for telling me about PawnStudio [even tho you just wrote its name], didn't even know of its existence, now I can finnaly script SourcePawn easly :D

.:ViruS:. 01-04-2010 06:59

Quote:

Maybe im just stupid... or just did something wrong [its hard to think clear at 3:47 AM] but it says:
Code:

anyway to fix? :stupid:

paste this in notepad.

@Echo off
color 0a
cd D:\Sourcemod\scripting
spcomp test.sp
pause

change the D:\Sourcemod\scripting to your location
and the test.sp as yourfilename.sp
save it as a .bat and open it. it will work
every time you got a difrent file right click the bat and select edit. then change the sp. line again

Ritsuka 02-28-2010 20:53

I am getting a problem with it adding banns and locking them. It does not seem to keep the bans for much time at all. I am not sure what to add to it to fix it. I looked in the .sp and could not find anything wrong with it.