AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   [TF2] backpack.tf Price Check (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=194852)

dave_with_beer_bottle 03-02-2013 19:16

Re: [TF2] backpack.tf Price Check

same here getting this spam in error logs and !pc seems not to work

Code:

L 03/02/2013 - 17:36:04: [backpack-tf.smx] backpack.tf API failed. Status code: 0
L 03/02/2013 - 17:36:06: [backpack-tf.smx] backpack.tf API failed. Status code: 0
L 03/02/2013 - 17:36:10: [backpack-tf.smx] backpack.tf API failed. Status code: 0
L 03/02/2013 - 17:36:21: [backpack-tf.smx] backpack.tf API failed. Status code: 0
L 03/02/2013 - 17:36:22: [backpack-tf.smx] backpack.tf API failed. Status code: 0

Horsedick 03-02-2013 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobart (Post 1905373)
Which is worse one price manipulator/lowballer or a group? spreadsheet dude is tagged as a sr scammer, for his lowballing practices. backpoop.tf is a group that lowballs even moreso than IRL former stock trader. When will you cretans stop trying to manipulate price and let the market regulate itself? Hmmmm? I guess when greed leaves the planet.

This isn't the place to argue the purpose of the site in general. Keep in mind that "TRADING" is exactly what it is called and the purpose. Valve would have called it "Buying/Selling" if they wanted people to set an exact price or value for something - the trade system is a barter system you and the other person just agree for what you wish to trade for and trade that is that. Just because someone or two persons thinks a key is worth XXX amount doesn't mean it really should always be that for everyone.

This plugin is a well made plugin but it does depend on .tf's API to function as far as recalling changes in what the community value items for not just one person.

Dr. McKay 03-02-2013 20:15

[TF2] backpack.tf Price Check

This is not the place to discuss how good or bad backpack.tf itself is. Take it to backpack.tf's forums if you wish.

If you're getting backpack.tf API failed errors, then it's on bp.tf's end, and there's nothing I can do about it. You'll have to wait for it to come back up.

Mr. Man 03-04-2013 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. McKay (Post 1905431)
This is not the place to discuss how good or bad backpack.tf itself is. Take it to backpack.tf's forums if you wish.

If you're getting backpack.tf API failed errors, then it's on bp.tf's end, and there's nothing I can do about it. You'll have to wait for it to come back up.

The link in your first post doesn't point to 1.7.2.

Dr. McKay 03-04-2013 19:40

I wanted to give server administrators a heads-up that v2.0.0 is coming and is expected to be released tonight tomorrow.

This will be a major update that moves the plugin over to the new v3 backpack.tf API. One result of this change is that server administrators will need to obtain an API key here. Additionally, this plugin will now generate its own configuration file under cfg/sourcemod, which is where you will need to set cvars.

If you have Updater and this plugin is automatically updating, the !pc and !pricecheck commands will not be functional until you fill in an API key.

Mr. Man 03-04-2013 20:15

Good to hear. Currently have servers on standby while waiting for 2.0.

Dr. McKay 03-04-2013 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Man (Post 1906728)
Good to hear. Currently have servers on standby while waiting for 2.0.

TF2 is acting up on me, looks like it'll have to be tomorrow.

Edit: Extra busy today and tomorrow, expect it on Thursday.

Fearts 03-04-2013 22:33

When you release the new 2.0 could you please add a cvar to allow owners to disable BP sv_tags. I have have my tags setup how I like them and I don't want it messing it up. Thanks.

Dr. McKay 03-04-2013 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearts (Post 1906771)
When you release the new 2.0 could you please add a cvar to allow owners to disable BP sv_tags. I have have my tags setup how I like them and I don't want it messing it up. Thanks.

Alright.

Dr. McKay 03-05-2013 21:00

See this post for info on v2.0.0, but in the meantime I've released v1.7.3, which provides a temporary fix for backpack.tf's new rate-limiting.