AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved/Old Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Player Model 2.13c (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=21086)

KWo 08-28-2008 10:47

Re: Player Model 2.13c

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the version 2.15 beta (based on 2.14 beta) with different modelling engine. It doesn't relly on cs_set_model and it doesn't relly on cs_get_user_team functions. It also doesn't carsh with metamod bots (because of the new method of modelling You will see in ChickenMod Orange Edition - found by Orangutanz).
All the functionality of playermodel plugin is unchanged (I believe) - only the modelling is changed. I haven't tested it with console commands (for example resting models to default ones) - so that part should be heavilly tested yet. If someone could write a report how it works with those commands, it would be nice (since I don't have so much time to test everything my-self :( ).

commonbullet 08-28-2008 21:28

Hi KWo

Maybe you could join this project:
http://code.google.com/p/playermodel/

I don't mind to use those methods to set models if they wouldn't cause problems.

Anyway, I think we could handle that by:
1) Making the "setting models" methods switchable through a precompiler key.
2) Alternatively, making it a more "formal" branch development.

If you're interested, please pm me.

KWo 08-29-2008 03:42

Thanks for the invitation, but I don't have time to participate in one more project. If I can help - I'm trying to do it. The modelling problem was reported here
http://bugs.alliedmods.net/index.php...ct=2&pagenum=2
The only way to avoid the crashes with metamod bots (but it also sometimes happens with humans) is changing the modelling to the way - 8 players are changing their models in one frame and with SetClientKeyValue fm forward blocking any model changes the engine wants to do (for example at ResetHUD). If You just take a look at the code I posted - it's very easy. cheap_suit (biohazard) and MeRcyLeZz (Zombie Plague) are already using that method. You can contact also arkshine - he is testing long time the ChickenMod Orange Edition beta version using that method and no svc_bad, no kicks because of overflow and no crashes happens for him.

Mikey!! 09-15-2008 15:29

OK... I had a friend isntal thsi for me so me and some ppl coudl haev admin skins... and I run a biohazard (zombie) server... so I was lookign for a plugin that willr eplace the old models with new one.. and I finalyl noticed this will also do it... I did everythign I needed to and it makes people downlaod the new model. but it will not be shown in game. it still shows the original custom model..

Is this because its a custom modelto begin with?

I am trying to replace the zombie2 model with the EzC_Zombie

"*REPLACE" "zombie2" "EzC_Zombie"

Thats correct right?

Any help would be insanely appreciated..

[Godmin] Gonzo 09-16-2008 14:25

Re: Player Model 2.15beta

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo (Post 677255)
Here is the version 2.15 beta (based on 2.14 beta) with different modelling engine. It doesn't relly on cs_set_model and it doesn't relly on cs_get_user_team functions. It also doesn't carsh with metamod bots (because of the new method of modelling You will see in ChickenMod Orange Edition - found by Orangutanz).
All the functionality of playermodel plugin is unchanged (I believe) - only the modelling is changed. I haven't tested it with console commands (for example resting models to default ones) - so that part should be heavilly tested yet. If someone could write a report how it works with those commands, it would be nice (since I don't have so much time to test everything my-self :( ).

It seems to work fine, I only found one bug, but a nasty one. As reported ~2 years ago, sometimes (not always) if a player changes team via autoteambalance or even a plugin, he keeps his old model.

Setting amx_playermodel_round_checkid to '1' does not change anything. I disabled all plugins which could cause side-effects on player models (one other custom model plugin and chickenmod (1.1 'orange' edition), but no change.

my model.ini has two steamids with custom models - and this works fine. AFAIK it only bugs on 'normal players'.

Any idea on this? Any information I could provide?

kobri 09-22-2008 08:33

Noticed that nasty bug with other model plugins too.

I'm desperately searching for model replacement + custom models via chat/console commands for ppl with certain access flags.

[Godmin] Gonzo 09-22-2008 08:35

Re: Player Model 2.15beta

Quote:

Originally Posted by [PUPPETS] Gonzo (Post 686812)
It seems to work fine, I only found one bug, but a nasty one. As reported ~2 years ago, sometimes (not always) if a player changes team via autoteambalance or even a plugin, he keeps his old model.

This problem has gone away by defining default models for both teams.

Chicken-Bug still persists.

ConnorMcLeod 09-25-2008 12:16

Could you please add precache support for some player models that need a second model ?

i.e. :

models/player/my_player/my_player.mdl
models/player/my_player/my_playerT.mdl

jiunnwoei2629 09-27-2008 04:03

MDL has encountered T files to be how do we solve this?
For example:
This plug-in to support it?

[Godmin] Gonzo 09-27-2008 04:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiunnwoei2629 (Post 691447)
MDL has encountered T files to be how do we solve this?
For example:
This plug-in to support it?

Well, read the docs, the example ini file, whatever. It will clearly show you, that you are able to define one special model per player (steamid, ip) - OR two models per player (one for T, one for CT). It can't be much clearer than stated in the example file...

ConnorMcLeod 09-27-2008 04:53

Some player models are made with 2 files, 1rst file has a regular name :

player/sas/sas.mdl

2nd file is player/sas/sasT.mdl

Both files are one and unique model.

commonbullet 09-27-2008 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by connorr (Post 691461)
Some player models are made with 2 files, 1rst file has a regular name :

player/sas/sas.mdl

2nd file is player/sas/sasT.mdl

Both files are one and unique model.

To make it clear: that "T" suffix connorr is referring doesn't stand for "terrorists", it's just that some models in hl are composed by 2 files (I don't know why): [modelFileName].mdl, [modelFileName]T.mdl.

Weird, I've never seen that for players, but I assumed they would be precached anyway. Could you post a link to an example of such player model?

ConnorMcLeod 09-27-2008 11:08

second model is not automatically precached, you should check for each model, if such a file exists, the precache it.

Sorry i have no time to search on banana if i found one model.

http://maps.verygames.net/halflife/c...n/sas_gign.mdl
http://maps.verygames.net/halflife/c.../sas_gignT.mdl

commonbullet 09-27-2008 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by connorr (Post 691601)
second model is not automatically precached, you should check for each model, if such a file exists, the precache it.

Sorry i have no time to search on banana if i found one model.

http://maps.verygames.net/halflife/c...n/sas_gign.mdl
http://maps.verygames.net/halflife/c.../sas_gignT.mdl

Please check version 2.14 beta2 for this feature.

ConnorMcLeod 09-28-2008 01:47

In fact, i was hoping you would implement this way of setting models :
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...83&postcount=7

I don't use cs_set_user_models for known bugs.

kobri 09-28-2008 04:56

Will this get rid of the constant player dropping and wrong skins after autoteambalance bugs ?

commonbullet 09-28-2008 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobri (Post 692009)
Will this get rid of the constant player dropping and wrong skins after autoteambalance bugs ?

I guess Gonzo was talking about KWo's implementation. Have you experienced that with this plugin?

connorr, it will take some time so I can check all collateral effects ^^ of such method.

kobri 09-29-2008 11:02

Yeah I've tried both aam.sma and this plugin, both drop cause svc_bad and player drop + incorrect models after teambalance etc.

Spider-Abu 10-04-2008 21:37

Thank You TRILLION TIMES!! I was looking for something like this and all the other plugins didn't work properly! But this is EXCELENT!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!

crazyeffect 10-21-2008 11:58

Need some help...

I putted gignadmin.mdl in:
czero/models/player/gign/gignadmin.mdl

I also putted the .amxx file in plugins and i putted models.ini in configs file :D

How can i make this steamid have the admin.mdl model?
"STEAM_0:0:11983186"

(I changed the name of the model...)

spirt90 10-24-2008 12:21

hi i got problem i instaled everything like it was said to and it still dont work i tried using models.ini and amx cmd and nothing happend models were still original any ideas why ?

cs1.7 11-17-2008 15:47

so which version to use?
KWo's? or 2.14beta fron authors SVN or what?

Is this the only player Model plugin available?

EDIT

wow the beta from SVN is very buggy ..not working.

Lenfitz 11-25-2008 15:59

I'm using your beta version 2.14 beta2 for my CZ linux servers and the new section that precaches the xxxxxT.mdl works fine. Client side downloads as normal.

It would be great if there wasnt a lag time before change model at the start. For half a second at the beginning you see normal models then it changes.

cs1.7 11-25-2008 16:50

Quote:

It would be great if there wasnt a lag time before change model at the start. For half a second at the beginning you see normal models then it changes.
i've said that many times too. this should be fixed!

commonbullet 11-25-2008 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenfitz (Post 718298)

That's a delay to make sure all models would be correctly set after respawn (there was a related bug I can't remember which was - I should have documented it). Anyway, I'll try to decrease that for the next beta.

kobri 11-26-2008 03:30

Where can I get the non-crashing beta from ?

Lenfitz 11-26-2008 08:56

kobri, "Where can I get the non-crashing beta from ? "

RE: Commonbullets post #414

Please check version 2.14 beta2 for this feature.

The 2.14 beta2 has been running for 2 days without crashing on my CZ linux server. However the only part im using is the *replace function of player models. It does however at times cause my windows listen server to lockup. Dont know why this is.

If the lag cant be fixed due to an issue you might want to think about something like along the lines of a player having a blue or red glow for that split second just like spawn protection mods use. Not having lag time to start at all with maybe lag being an option for those running csdm or gun game.

commonbullet 11-26-2008 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobri (Post 718489)
Where can I get the non-crashing beta from ?

you could try KWo's version:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=401

You should at least experience no crashes.

BTW, anybody knows if there's a specific report for this issue on bugzilla? I found this one: https://bugs.alliedmods.net/show_bug.cgi?id=3142, but that's from 2008-02-08 and it's unconfirmed. Since there have been some "workarounds" for setting models in cs, I was assuming it was a acknowledged problem.

Lenfitz 11-27-2008 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by commonbullet (Post 718838)
you could try KWo's version:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=401

You should at least experience no crashes.

BTW, anybody knows if there's a specific report for this issue on bugzilla? I found this one: https://bugs.alliedmods.net/show_bug.cgi?id=3142, but that's from 2008-02-08 and it's unconfirmed. Since there have been some "workarounds" for setting models in cs, I was assuming it was a acknowledged problem.

The problem with KWO's version is it wont precache the T part of the model. I've sent KWo a pm about it.

IE: Model.mdl will precache but the extension part ModelT.mdl wont precache.

KWO's 2.15 beta version does change models without lag time which is great. But needs that t.mdl issue sorted urgently and also crashes client side.

With your version even beta 2.14 clients are experiencing freezes & crash on their side (client side). The server itself is fine.

Lenfitz 11-27-2008 10:37

1 Attachment(s)
With KWo's version 2.15 Beta I've modified it so the T.mdl is precaching as well. Tested on my CZ dedicated linux server and so far its OK.

Here are the files for KWo's 2.15 beta with T.mdl support.

kobri 12-01-2008 10:15

Thanks for the help guys! One final question, is the bug with wrong skins after autoteambalance fixed also ?

Lenfitz 12-01-2008 12:06

I've had to turn this mod off as it crashes/freezes the client side randomly for CZ. I have autoteambalance turned off. It makes no difference still freezes the clients side.

I hope they get a bug fix for this otherwise this plugin cant be used with any confidence.

commonbullet 12-01-2008 20:42

I doubt any other parts of this plugin except by the setting model method would cause client crashes - it's been running for quite a while and the code remains almost the same.

Anyways, independently from where it's coming (or whether it's actually coming), I'll have to wait for more consistent information since I can't reproduce that crash. All I can do by now is to implement the method suggested by connorr which's, I suppose, the same used by KWo.

As per auto-balance issue, I haven't really checked that - I'll be looking into it.

Lenfitz 12-02-2008 03:00

Well its like this. I used it for CZ. A lot of the players have complained it freezes their CZ and they have to shut it down. I remove the plugin and it stops. In fact every player complained it froze their game. The server keeps running fine. I dont know if your using it on CS or CZ with or without bots. I have 4-6 bots running all the time. It also happens to me as well so its not an isolated case. So many people cant be wrong. I get 1500 players a month. So as much as I really wanted to use this I cant. Also when CZ freezes there is no way of finding an error.

But i have noticed its at round start. IE: After 30 second warmup on knife before Gun game starts the guns. Gun game will respawn all players to their starting points whether it be random or standard. Its at this point random peoples game freezes. When i tried it without any other plugin on standard map it freezes my game (using bots) at round start. I'm guessing player id's between bots and real players may interact or clash somehow?.. I really dont know. Im just guessing.

Ive tried your 2.13 version, 2.14 beta 2 version, KWo's 2.15 version of this plugin and all 3 do the same thing. When i dont use the plugin no one freezes.

commonbullet 12-02-2008 19:35

I've used bots in my tests, I couldn't test it with other human players though.
I'll rewrite it this weekend according to the method exposed by MeRcyLeZZ on his tutorial.

rederlt 12-03-2008 10:10

I'm running Linux Warcraft3FT Mod , and using this plugin with Replace model option.
I Replace old T models to NEW 1 T model.
I Replace old Ct models to NEW 1 CT model.
So with 2.15 Kwo and 2.13 there is no change when using Mole/Chameleon.
Moreover i saw guys with out any mole/cham but dressed in NEW ct model even if he is T
My model.ini containts 8 Commands (replace)
Default same working as "SteamId:whatever" "_" "alien4"
"SteamId:whatever" "predator" "_" nothing :/

rederlt 12-03-2008 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by rederlt (Post 722090)
I'm running Linux Warcraft3FT Mod , and using this plugin with Replace model option.
I Replace old T models to NEW 1 T model.
I Replace old Ct models to NEW 1 CT model.
So with 2.15 Kwo and 2.13 there is no change when using Mole/Chameleon.
Moreover i saw guys with out any mole/cham but dressed in NEW ct model even if he is T
My model.ini containts 8 Commands (replace)
Default same working as "SteamId:whatever" "_" "alien4"
"SteamId:whatever" "predator" "_" nothing :/

Look I have model/player/leet_ladies/leet_ladies.mdl for T and model/.../ladies_santapolice/ladies_santapolice.mdl for CT. What now? :)
and my models.ini

Quote:

"*REPLACE" "gign" "ladies_santapolice"
"*REPLACE" "sas" "ladies_santapolice"
"*REPLACE" "urban" "ladies_santapolice"
"*REPLACE" "gsg9" "ladies_santapolice"

"*REPLACE" "leet" "leet_ladies"
"*REPLACE" "terror" "leet_ladies"
"*REPLACE" "arctic" "leet_ladies"
"*REPLACE" "guerilla "leet_ladies"
It works but ignores chameleon/mole model change.

commonbullet 12-07-2008 13:37

Giving a closer look at the code, I hate the way things have been written (it's such an old stuff that became a huge frankstein as new features came). Besides, the "new" way of setting models turns many parts into unnecessary garbage.

I'll have to rewrite most parts from scratch, but I can't promise it any soon - I'm very busy lately.

pimpjuicedetmi 12-08-2008 23:32

ok i did everything it works and all but i have like 2 people that come in and don't see the models i put in why is it only like only 2 people that can't see them? plz let me know u can e-mail me back at [email protected] thanx for your time

pimpjuicedetmi 12-09-2008 00:10

here is my model.ini
Quote:

;Models.ini configuration:
;-------------------------
;
; 1) Syntax: "[Steamid|IP|Botname]" "[unique model name]"
;
; examples:
;"STEAM_0:0:1234567" "chickenmodel"
;"127.0.0.1" "chickenmodel"
;
;
; chickenmodel.mdl model will be set to a player no matter which team he*********s in.
;
; 2) Syntax: "[Steamid|IP|Botname]" "[T modelname]" "[CT modelname]"
;
; examples:
;"STEAM_0:0:1234567" "chickenmodel" "t800"
;"127.0.0.1" "chickenmodel" "t800"
;
;
;
; if the player is a Terrorist his model will be chickenmodel.mdl; if he*********s a CT, he*********ll be t800.mdl
;
; 3) Syntax: "[Steamid|IP|Botname]" "#[model menu option number]"
;
; examples:
;"STEAM_0:0:1234567" "#2"
;"127.0.0.1" "#2"
;
; - As if a player selected "2" in team menu ********* particularly useful for setting ;bots models
;
; #1 : urban,terror
; #2 : gsg9,leet
; #3 : sas,arctic
; #4 : gign,guerilla
; #5 : spetsnaz,militia (czero only)
;
; - Bots don*********t have steamid, but you can set their model by using their names ;instead.
; Names only work for bots.
; examples:
;"Joe" "#3"
;"Vinny" "stalone" "bush"
;"Gabe" "duke"
;
; 4) You can set a default bot model scheme. An individual bot model setting ;overwrites this one
; Syntax: "*BOTDEFAULT" {"[unique model name]"}|{"[T model]" "[CT model]"}|{"#[menu number]"}
;
; examples:
;"*BOTDEFAULT" "#4"
;"*BOTDEFAULT" "iglesias" "rickmartin"
;"*BOTDEFAULT "shakira"
;
; 5) Syntax: "*[force precache model name]"
; You might want to force to precache a model (without a player id linked to it), so
; you can use later in game.
;
; examples:
;"*arab"
;"*chickenmodel"
;
; 6) Set a model only if a user is in a specific team
; Syntax: ["[Steamid|IP|Botname]|*BOTDEFAULT|*DEFAULT" "_" "[CT Model]"] |
; ["[Steamid|IP|Botname]|*BOTDEFAULT|*DEFAULT" "[T Model]" "_"]
;
; examples:
; "SteamId:whatever" "_" "alien4"