AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   AMX Mod X 0.20-TP4 Talk (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=5456)

hoddy 09-03-2004 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahnsawce
Hoddy,

Have you tried disabling the "gore" plugin? That's the only one in that list that I could think of which would be sending SVC_TEMPENTITIES.

So far so good.

Thanks!

[*BGF*]Storm 09-03-2004 21:05

Still can't get TP4 to boot, even with stats switched off. Very odd....

I even redownloaded all the packages and reinstalled, still no joy?????

TP5, out soon i hope!!!!!

adam_purkis 09-03-2004 21:35

Yeah, i hope it's out soon too. And i assume the CSSTATS crashing bug thing has been fixed, and so had the top15?

mahnsawce 09-03-2004 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlos
the engine modul from tp4 does not have the function take_damage but amxx 0.2tp4 with engine tp3 works

That was removed from engine because it was an extremely specific native (it depended on the mod's private data headers). The only two mods I ever got it to work on were NS and HLDM. I'm working on a native which'll do damage in more mods, however.

(Although IIRC, I think bail forgot to remove take_damage from the includes)

[AoL]Demandred 09-04-2004 03:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AoL
Demandred]
Oh, and awesome work on the fixes to the restrictions plugin (probably a lot to do with the forwards not working properly on client_command, eh?)

Changed one "ET_IGNORE" to "ET_STOP" and that was it :]

Nice, lol

That would definitely do it, for sure :D

Again, awesome work, fellas 8)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahnsawce
Quote:

Originally Posted by karlos
the engine modul from tp4 does not have the function take_damage but amxx 0.2tp4 with engine tp3 works

That was removed from engine because it was an extremely specific native (it depended on the mod's private data headers). The only two mods I ever got it to work on were NS and HLDM. I'm working on a native which'll do damage in more mods, however.

(Although IIRC, I think bail forgot to remove take_damage from the includes)

Ah, so any plugins we have that are using take_damage need to be changed, once we get to TP5?

mahnsawce 09-04-2004 04:09

Well, here's the thing:

Take_Damage is a native that accessed an entity's private data. When you're dealing with closed source mods, this is bad. This is a little area on the entity set aside for the mod to store all the information it needs about the entity (not the information the engine needs).

It used to work 100% in NS up until todays NS release. Now the native will instantly crash upon use.

It does the same for apparently every other mod, with the exception of HLDM (since that's where the SDK derived from).

Quite frankly it shouldnt have been put in engine anyway. I can't think of any scripts that made use of the native to begin with, other than scripts taken off of modns.org.

I'm trying to hack up a way to fix it for NS. If I get it fixed, I'll try to incorperate it into other mods (so they can have 100% operational damage call) but so far it doesnt look too promising.

JONG 09-04-2004 04:54

Ok, I post again:

L 09/03/2004 - 03:59:05: -------- Mapchange --------
L 09/03/2004 - 03:59:05: [AMXX] Function not found (name "cs_reset_user_model") (plugin "covertopsv.amx")
L 09/03/2004 - 03:59:05: [AMXX] Function not found (name "PointContents") (plugin "funadd.amx")

In 0.16 it's work fine, but in 0.20 TP4, it's not support "cs_reset_user_model" and "PointContents".

And I find 0.20 not support UTF-8 file type compiler.

0.16 have many mod, if like this, how can we use 0.20 ?

Sorry for my pool English.

Neo-Vortex 09-04-2004 04:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by JONG
Ok, I post again:

L 09/03/2004 - 03:59:05: -------- Mapchange --------
L 09/03/2004 - 03:59:05: [AMXX] Function not found (name "cs_reset_user_model") (plugin "covertopsv.amx")
L 09/03/2004 - 03:59:05: [AMXX] Function not found (name "PointContents") (plugin "funadd.amx")

In 0.16 it's work fine, but in 0.20 TP4, it's not support "cs_reset_user_model" and "PointContents".

And I find 0.20 not support UTF-8 file type compiler.

0.16 have many mod, if like this, how can we use 0.20 ?

Sorry for my pool English.

poor english you mean? :P

anyway, have you got the cstrike addon thingie for it aswell? and have you enabled the cstrike module? and did the cstrike module load properly? (amxx modules to list modules)

mahnsawce 09-04-2004 05:03

Also, recompile your "funadd" plugin for 0.20.

adam_purkis 09-04-2004 05:07

Still no TP5?