AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Rainbow? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=265369)

Mr. Man 06-29-2015 18:34

Re: Rainbow?

Quote:

No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than once they were. As some of the petitioners in these cases demonstrate, marriage embodies a love that may endure even past death. It would misunderstand these men and women to say they disrespect the idea of marriage. Their plea is that they do respect it, respect it so deeply that they seek to find its fulfillment for themselves. Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization's oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right.

—Justice Anthony Kennedy, Obergefell v. Hodges majority opinion
Fascinating times we live in, really.

ANTICHRISTUS 06-29-2015 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by necavi (Post 2313536)
What do you mean by "immune user"?

I mean "Who monitors the monitors".

asherkin 06-29-2015 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANTICHRISTUS (Post 2313659)
I mean "Who monitors the monitors".

That's kinda the point of being a private company running a privately-owned and managed website.

ddhoward 06-29-2015 19:16

As indicated a bit earlier in the thread, ANTICHRISTUS seems to believe that AM is publicly owned and operated. He ignored my request for an explanation as to which government owns AM.

Potato Uno 06-30-2015 03:58

Wow that is stupid. Obviously Alliedmodders is privately owned by BAILOPAN (?) and not by some public authority.

All the servers we all host are privately owned under the same definition, which allows us to kick or ban anyone for any reason of our choosing. If it was public, they can sue us for kicking them (?).

Anyway the logo is back to the old version. At least the 2 rainbow logos have been saved on this thread, so it shall remain here forever.

ANTICHRISTUS 06-30-2015 04:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by asherkin (Post 2313661)
That's kinda the point of being a private company running a privately-owned and managed website.

What I meant is clear: "Is it right to own a website, company, game server, or whatever.. And to grant the right to do anything we want, like a despot?" Is it morally acceptable, is there someone else to put it right, to say: "no, you are wrong, and you MUST correct your mistakes?"

I'm just asking for an answer, what I have said is right or wrong, 1 or 0.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ddhoward (Post 2313662)
He ignored my request for an explanation as to which government owns AM.

Please.. And you, ignoring almost everything I asked for, replying with irrelevant topics: SOPA, PIPA.., the +50 years advanced nations that are obviously THE right side... Then reply for EVERYTHING while being able to understand the alreday answered topics. To ignore was never a solution, it's just a weak behaviour to skip painful topics.

asherkin 06-30-2015 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANTICHRISTUS (Post 2313774)
What I meant is clear: "Is it right to own a website, company, game server, or whatever.. And to grant the right to do anything we want, like a despot?" Is it morally acceptable, is there someone else to put it right, to say: "no, you are wrong, and you MUST correct your mistakes?"

There is still a higher level of oversight: the government and legal system of the hosting country.
Other than that, yes. If you don't like how an entity is run, you can "vote with your feet" and find (or form) an alternative elsewhere.

GinNNy 06-30-2015 08:45

Finally the logo is back!
Anyway for anyone here in this post saw my posts as a disrespect comments im sorry, we all respect bailopan without bailopan there will be no AMXMODX (?).
Can i know who is the owner of this website or the whole AMXMODX and sourcemod? or they are 2 projects then they united?.

tousif 06-30-2015 09:13

Bailopan & asherkin , i think.

Jhob94 06-30-2015 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by asherkin (Post 2313824)
If you don't like how an entity is run

Please, use another words. In that way people will think you are talking about plugins (at least it was my first thought when i read it lol)