AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.8) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=82220)

DeadLord 01-18-2009 15:35

Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.1.0)

working now

MrSaturn 01-18-2009 16:58

Is there a way to stop a sound regardless of duration and play another sound? Like, if I played a sound that was 2minutes long duration, stopped it, and wanted to play another sound, I have to wait till the 2minutes ends. How do I bypass this without taking off the duration and making the sounds overlap? Like, a global !stopsound command that works for everyone? :3

Still waiting on extra parameters! -suicide - eat sandwhich- tauntkill-

retsam 01-21-2009 21:12

Just a little update after doing further testing.........

In TF2 at least, I have now tested the 3.1.0 on 2 SM 1.0 windows servers and a separate linux server. The plugin definitely stops working and bugs out after maybe 20-40 times(somewhere in there) of use. Its definitely the 3.1.0 version cause I just tested the previous version 3.0.9, and it doesnt seem to happen.

So whatever was changed in 3.1.0 is screwing up in tf2. 3.0.9 *SEEMS* to work, although its still mild testing. Im gonna load it on the server later and we will see. I have not yet tested the same issue in dods server, but on my own windows test server, 3.1.0 seemed to work in dods. However, that was with very little testing.

I will say, I run many plugins on the tf2 servers, so it may be conflicting with something else? Who knows.......but 3.0.9 *seems* to work.

Laser2150 01-21-2009 21:51

I was strolling though this and didn't notice my question, but im guessing I know the answer.

This won't work in L4D since its 1.2, right?

gH0sTy 01-22-2009 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSaturn (Post 746437)
Is there a way to stop a sound regardless of duration and play another sound? Like, if I played a sound that was 2minutes long duration, stopped it, and wanted to play another sound, I have to wait till the 2minutes ends. How do I bypass this without taking off the duration and making the sounds overlap? Like, a global !stopsound command that works for everyone? :3

Still waiting on extra parameters! -suicide - eat sandwhich- tauntkill-

Will have a look for a global stopsound command but it will be an admin only command, otherwise everybody could stop sounds which wouldn't be a good idea. Suicide will be in the next version as well as a param for the player death event to select who should receive the sound (attacker, victim, both, all). Actually dunno how to add this sandvich thingy but will have a look. Regarding the tauntkill simply use the params taunt_pyro and taunt_heavy for the kill event.
As you run this plugin on a TF2 server I have 2 questions.
Do you run version 3.1.0 and do you have the same problems retsam has ?
Quote:

Originally Posted by retsam (Post 747890)
Just a little update after doing further testing.........

In TF2 at least, I have now tested the 3.1.0 on 2 SM 1.0 windows servers and a separate linux server. The plugin definitely stops working and bugs out after maybe 20-40 times(somewhere in there) of use. Its definitely the 3.1.0 version cause I just tested the previous version 3.0.9, and it doesnt seem to happen.

So whatever was changed in 3.1.0 is screwing up in tf2. 3.0.9 *SEEMS* to work, although its still mild testing. Im gonna load it on the server later and we will see. I have not yet tested the same issue in dods server, but on my own windows test server, 3.1.0 seemed to work in dods. However, that was with very little testing.

I will say, I run many plugins on the tf2 servers, so it may be conflicting with something else? Who knows.......but 3.0.9 *seems* to work.

Well I tested it on a local dedicated tf2 server and I played say sounds more than 50 times without any problems so I guess the problem is something with your server like a conflict with another plugin, a wrong configured saysounds.cfg or something else... but let's see if MrSaturn confirms this problems. The only difference between 3.0.9 and 3.1.0 is that in 3.0.9 The duration doesn't work and the anti spam feature is only based on sm_time_between_sounds.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Laser2150 (Post 747901)
I was strolling though this and didn't notice my question, but im guessing I know the answer.

This won't work in L4D since its 1.2, right?

Just had a little test and I'm not sure.
The plugin loaded without any errors but if a client connects to your server he will end up on a black screen while he is downloading the sounds so there seems to be no window with a progress bar etc like in tf2, css and other mods/games.
If I want to play a sound I get
Code:

S_StartSound: Failed to load sound 'misc\saysounds\laughevil02.wav', file probably missing from disk/repository
but this could be a server config error.

retsam 01-22-2009 15:22

Whatever. 3.0.9 works so... Ill just have to use that.

MrSaturn 01-23-2009 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by gH0sTy (Post 748256)
Will have a look for a global stopsound command but it will be an admin only command, otherwise everybody could stop sounds which wouldn't be a good idea. Suicide will be in the next version as well as a param for the player death event to select who should receive the sound (attacker, victim, both, all). Actually dunno how to add this sandvich thingy but will have a look. Regarding the tauntkill simply use the params taunt_pyro and taunt_heavy for the kill event.
As you run this plugin on a TF2 server I have 2 questions.
Do you run version 3.1.0 and do you have the same problems retsam has ?

COOL! thanks alot for the tauntkill triggers. Yeah ur right about the global stopsound trigger. Its just that, whenever I play a song globally, if I set a duration on it then the 0-3 second sounds that have no duration dont play (thats a shame). I tried using this in conjunction with the admin sounds plugin but this plugin takes over the sm_admin_sounds command. Its alright, now that I think about it. When I use to try and run both at the same time sm_admin_sounds would overlapping annoyingly.

I run sourcemod 1.1 and saysounds 3.1.0 on a linux server and I dont have a problem. My players spam sounds 50 of them at a time and its effortless and seamless and the plugin acts fine. I have a key binded to 1 of the sounds and I can rapidly press it (time between sounds set to 0) and each press will result in a sound. I can do this past 500 times. This isnt what we do in normal games, I was just trying to get the plugin to lock up, but couldnt. Maybe retsam should upgrade to SM 1.1?

My pyro taunt now plays a ryu houdouken sound when it kills someone. :D

if you want to check it out the ip is 69.12.25.110:27015 . Its a new server so its not often populated but I am usually there after I get off of work around 11pm Central Time.

monkie 01-24-2009 06:49

Hi gH0sTy, my saysounds.cfg is as follows:

Code:

"Sound Combinations"
{
  "JoinSound" // Sound to play when a player Joins the server
  {
    "file"    "joinserver/welcome.mp3"
    "file2"    "joinserver/delune.mp3"
    "count"    "2"
    "admin"    "0"
    "single"  "1"
  }
}

and my sm_saysounds.cfg is:
Code:

// This file was auto-generated by SourceMod (v1.1.0)
// ConVars for plugin "saysounds.smx"

// Play sounds when someone joins or exits the game
// -
// Default: "0"
sm_join_exit "1"
// Wait until the player spawns before playing the join sound
// -
// Default: "1"
sm_join_spawn "1"
// Delay before playing a Karaoke song
// -
// Default: "15.0"
sm_karaoke_delay "15.0"
// When set, allows clients that have turned their sounds off to trigger sounds (0=off | 1=on)
// -
sm_play_cl_snd_off "0"
// Volume setting for Say Sounds (0.0 <= x <= 1.0)
// -
// Default: "1.0"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "1.000000"
sm_saysounds_volume "1.0"
// Maximum sounds per admin (0 for unlimited)
// -
sm_sound_admin_limit "0"
// Number of sounds to warn admin at (0 for no warnings)
// -
sm_sound_admin_warn "0"
// Turns on announcements when a sound is played
// -
sm_sound_announce "1"
// Turns Sounds On/Off
// -
sm_sound_enable "1"
// Maximum sounds per person (0 for unlimited)
// -
// Default: "5"
sm_sound_limit "5"
// When set, will log sounds that are played
// -
sm_sound_logging "1"
// When set, will trigger sounds if keyword is embedded in a sentence
// -
sm_sound_sentence "0"
// 1 To show menu to users, 0 to hide menu from users (admins excluded)
// -
sm_sound_showmenu "1"
// Number of sounds to warn person at (0 for no warnings)
// -
// Default: "3"
sm_sound_warn "3"
// Play sounds when specific steam ID joins or exits the game
// -
sm_specific_join_exit "1"
// Time between each admin sound trigger, 0.0 to disable checking
// -
// Default: "4.5"
sm_time_between_admin_sounds "0.0"
// Time between each sound trigger, 0.0 to disable checking
// -
// Default: "4.5"
sm_time_between_sounds "10.5"
sm_hide_say "0"

my sound files can be downloaded and cached, but cannot be played ever, could u have any idea to help me out of it?
(do i have to put sound files in "sound/misc/..." directory explicitly or they cannot be played?)

monkie 01-25-2009 01:58

all right, seems sound can be played but only the first sound file can be played, as I config like this:
Code:

"Sound Combinations"
{
  {
    "count"    "2"
    "admin"    "0"
    "single"  "1"
  }
}

the second file seems can never be played, that means user defined multiple joinserver sounds cannot be played randomly...

MrSaturn 01-25-2009 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkie (Post 749682)
all right, seems sound can be played but only the first sound file can be played, as I config like this:
Code:

"Sound Combinations"
{
  {
    "count"    "2"
    "admin"    "0"
    "single"  "1"
  }
}

the second file seems can never be played, that means user defined multiple joinserver sounds cannot be played randomly...

Make sure the sound can be played manuall by typing this in your console

play joinserver/delune.mp3

If this doesnt make your client manually play the song to himself, then there is something wrong with the sound. Either it was faultily uploaded (has happend to me quite a few times, changing the name and reuploading always works) named something different or its in an incompatible format. There should be an error message to determine which of those it is.

I personally have not tried using a multiple join sound and havent tried using random sounds for the same trigger even though I have dozens of them, but I'll try it out later and see if I cant help you.