PDA

View Full Version : [BUG Report] Error models

NouveauJoueur
07-30-2009, 13:04
Some of my users reported ERROR models, at first i tough that the problem was client side, cause I could see models like usual, but when I deleted my zm models folder and re-connected to my server, all models was error models, I re-uploaded all models from ZR 3.0 package to my server, but nothing worked ...

Any help would be appreciated ... Now I know why my server was empty often since ZR3.0 ^^

PS : Those models always worked with 2.5

Greyscale
07-30-2009, 15:54
Well ZR 3.0 has an improved model downloading feature. I suppose it could be an error but all of our models work perfectly fine. So verify there things are correct first:

models.txt - make sure all the models listed exist on the server.
downloads.txt - make sure all the materials for each model are listed here. (although the side-effect of this not being correct would be pink/purple textures, so focus on the other stuff first)
playerclasses.txt - this is the most likely cause of the error, check to make sure the model is refered to properly. Did you forget the .mdl ext?

NouveauJoueur
07-30-2009, 17:40
As I told you :

I had the 2.5 models already on the game server & web server when I installed 3.0, all models was working fine, expect the biggest moddel (slow zombie with much hp and less knock back) wich was purple. Then when my users told me this problem, I deleted the models and had errors models too so i've uploaded models from 3.0 package and it didn't worked too :/

Edit : Here is my download.txt

// ============================================= ===============================
//
// ZOMBIE:RELOADED
// Downloads configuration
//
// Check the downloads configuration section in the manual for detailed info.
//
// ============================================= ===============================
// * Each uncommented line will be used as a file path for clients to download.
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Defaults:
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

materials/models/player/zh/Zombie_Classic_sheet.vmt
materials/models/player/zh/corpse1.vmt
materials/models/player/zh/Charple1_sheet.vmt

// hellknight
materials/models/player/ics/hellknight_red/estuche.vmt
materials/models/player/ics/hellknight_red/estuche.vtf
materials/models/player/ics/hellknight_red/hellknight.vmt
materials/models/player/ics/hellknight_red/hellknight.vtf
materials/models/player/ics/hellknight_red/hellknight_normal.vtf

// team win overlays
materials/overlays/zr/zombies_win.vtf
materials/overlays/zr/zombies_win.vmt
materials/overlays/zr/humans_win.vtf
materials/overlays/zr/humans_win.vmt

// zvision
materials/overlays/zr/zvision.vtf
materials/overlays/zr/zvision.vmt

rhelgeby
07-30-2009, 22:40
It's most likely incorrect model path in the heavy zombie class.

Looks like there are missing files in our release. Heavy zombie is set to "models/player/ics/hellknight_red/t_guerilla.mdl", but those files aren't packed for some reason.

In addition models.txt doesn't list it, but another hellknight model. No idea why it's like this. We can update our release with the missing files.