PDA

View Full Version : mysql admins

maki
04-08-2004, 19:36
this is what the documentation says...but "use phpmyadmin to add admins" isnt very descriptive. i'd guess from this to create a table called 'admin' and make 4 fields(which can be named anything). any help?

Setting up Admins in MySQL
If you need to set up the MySQL module, click here.

Open your "addons/amxx/plugins.ini" file and change:

admin.amx ; admin base (required for any admin-related)
;admin_mysql.amx ; admin base - MySQL version (comment admin.amx)
to:
;admin.amx ; admin base (required for any admin-related)
admin_mysql.amx ; admin base - MySQL version (comment admin.amx)
Then change the map. Use phpMyAdmin to add admins, using the same format as above.
Each column of the admin table corresponds to one of the four parameters.

devicenull
04-08-2004, 20:32
Go check the plugins forum, theres a plugin I made to make that easier..
The mysql module + plugin will create the table if it doesnt exist

pendragon
04-09-2004, 15:03
if i remember correctly, there are 4 fields that are created to the admin table. for all the fields, enter in the values with NO "s

Author --------------------> enter in the steam id of your admin
Password ------------------> the password you chose for your admins
AccessLevel ---------------> enter in the abcdefgh... level for your amins
XXX (dont remember) ---> enter in the check type (i.e. ce = no password needed and alsto that the admin has a steam id).

you can create new fields for this database and add it to the END of your admins table.

hope this helps. and i hope i understood your question correctly. Sorry if i got a field wrong when trying to describe but im not at a computer right now where i can verify my info.

maki
04-10-2004, 13:49
when i enable mysql admin base in plugins.ini, the server stops responding for a few minutes on mapchange. does anyone know the reason for this? (cant connect to mysqldb, info in mysql not entered correctly, ?)

Hangman5386
04-11-2004, 13:10
Maybe it has something to do with your SQL-server.
Is it on the same machine as the hlds? Does create heavy CPU load on mapchanges?
I'd say this could be one bad thing if your SQL-server is remote and has a bad connection or too heavy loads and it's slow ... so AMXX waits for admin database data to be retrieved and that takes too long.

Just a guess tho!

pendragon
04-11-2004, 14:53
Maybe it has something to do with your SQL-server.
Is it on the same machine as the hlds? Does create heavy CPU load on mapchanges?
I'd say this could be one bad thing if your SQL-server is remote and has a bad connection or too heavy loads and it's slow ... so AMXX waits for admin database data to be retrieved and that takes too long.

Just a guess tho!

if this IS the caase ( cause i do have my sql database on the same box as my hlds - but i dont experience this : just want info for other peeps that do) are there any possible suggestions to alleviate the congestion?[/