PDA

View Full Version : .res file not sending .txt files to clients?

lmn8r
06-23-2009, 19:12
I'm trying to have a client download a .txt file from the server, but whenver I add it to the .res file for that map, it skips any .txt files in the list. I'm certain all the files are there and the names match.

Can hlds only send certain types of file extensions?

HLM
06-23-2009, 19:29
untrue, my hlds sends text files, im going to ASSUME that your res file only contains a couple files, but just incase, post your res file for the map with the txt file your having problems with in CODE tags

lmn8r
06-23-2009, 21:01
sound/misc/dominating.wav
sound/misc/doublekill.wav
sound/misc/firstblood.wav
sound/misc/headshot.wav
sound/misc/humiliation.wav
sound/misc/killingspree.wav
sound/misc/monsterkill.wav
sound/misc/multikill.wav
sound/misc/perfect.wav
sound/misc/rampage.wav
sound/misc/ultrakill.wav
sound/misc/unstoppable.wav
resource/backgroundloadinglayout.txt
resource/backgroundlayout.txt

HLM
06-23-2009, 21:02
do those files exist on the server in the right spot?
are they named correctly?
are they in ALL LOWERCASE?

other than that. I dont know

lmn8r
06-23-2009, 21:34
Yup, they're all in place, all named correctly, no typos. I tried renaming the .txt files to random names, I can't get the server to send me any .txt files from any directory under any name. I tried chaning the size and data thats in the text files. I know the .res files are working, I can have it download other stuff.

HLM
06-23-2009, 21:56
what about the cvars:
sv_allowdownload
sv_allowupload

are those both set to 1 on client and server?

lmn8r
06-23-2009, 21:58
Yup, it downloads other types of files just fine... such as .wad, .tga, .bsp, .res etc...

lmn8r
06-23-2009, 22:07
Ok nvm I can get them to download from every folder EXCEPT resource. For some reason it won't allow you to download any .txt file from the resource folder.

fysiks
06-24-2009, 01:29
Ok nvm I can get them to download from every folder EXCEPT resource. For some reason it won't allow you to download any .txt file from the resource folder.

I was about to say that but I was confused from your previous post that you couldn't get it from any folder. It's a VERY GOOD thing that you can't touch the resource folder :).

lmn8r
06-25-2009, 01:27
Is there a way around it?

HLM
06-25-2009, 02:23
not exactly a way around it.. you can always have the text file elsewhere, but then the map wont download it..

thats the best thing I know of.. even though its not really what u want..