PDA

View Full Version : [L4D] Survivor Upgrades Admin Menu

ProBoomer
06-16-2009, 10:06
I am happy my first plugin.

With This Plugin you have a new menu into SM_Admin and can take the Survivor Upgrades into any gameplay (Coop, Versus and Survival).

USAGE:

Put sm_cvar survivor_upgrades 1 into your server.cfg (this affect only Normal COOP, in Versus Survivors Never Take Random Upgrades)

If you have L4Dmmo.smx from Fyren into Plugins Folder remove it NOW

Put Asu121.smx into Plugins Folder

Put L4D_Asu.txt into /addons/sourcemod/gamedata

Write !laseron in public chat for Activate Laser Sight (FOR ALL)
Write !laseroff in public chat for DeActivate Laser Sight (FOR ALL)

Admin Need to use /SM_Admin for popup the Asu Commands for browse into three submenu and 15 upgrades, for moment, only Admin can take It, in Future i try to add Ability to Give Upgrades to All Team or Single Player.

THANX TO:

* Fyren for L4Dmmo.smx Plugin
* GrandWazir for All4Dead.smx Plugin because I have use this base for Editing my Plugin
* Jerrith for find some windows signatures

IMPORTANT:

With this cvar (survivor_upgrades set to 1) you enable only into COOP the survivor upgrades, you can have max 4 random upgrades and start to collecting from second saferoom. First Map you can have nothing. This is built into a L4D Engine is not a Plugin or a Mod.

But in Versus Mode the upgrades are not given in automode from Engine in Random Mode from 2th SafeRoom.

With my Plugin you can select any upgrade and take when you want.

MENU popup into SM_Admin -> ASU Commands:

Into Survivor Upgrades 1 you can take:

Health = 150HP (*)

Laser = Laser Sight

LargeCLip = 50% more ammo in each ammo bag (44 for double pistol, 75 for rifle etcetc)

Damage = Vaporize the Zombies and make also Double Damage to ALL

Reload = Fast Reload in half second

Into Survivor Upgrades 2 you can take:

Body = Body Armor Kevlar (you take minor damage from zombies and SI)

Goggles = When you are Boomered continue to see perfect, no Blinding, however horde attack you

LedgeSave = You can save yourself without help from one Ledge (*)

ReviveSelf = You can save yourself after incap without help (*)

Knife = You can save yourself from one Smoker or Hunter without Help with Knife (*)

Into Survivor Upgrades 3 you can take:

Prevent IT = If Boomer vomited you, nothing happens and horde not attack you (*)

Recoil = Your weapon is more accurate when you Shoot

FastRevive aka Smelling Salt = You can revive another survivor incap in half second

Ointment = You have a little bonus for movement speed also if you are injured, example, have 30hp? with this you run like 50-60hp. Have 80hp? you run like 100hp. Have 100hp? no bonus

BlindingFlash = Never understand what is, if anyone are sure what is tell me

(*) You can use this Upgrades only one time

The Others Upgrade are forever but if you die at No Mercy 2 and you have take Damage Upgrade, you lost it. If you are at No Mercy 3 and have take Laser Upgrade and dead you lost only Laser, but the Damage Upgrade taken into No Mercy 2 is again with you.

THINGS TO DO IN FUTURE VERSION:

- Add possibility to give upgrades to ALL Other Users into a Game with different choice, only at one survivor or all survivor team.

- Put ASU Commands Menu under All4Dead Commands Menu

Version 1.1 Changes:

- Now the normal people can't access to addupgrade via console
- Add the !laser command into chat for take ONLY Laser Upgrade (for ALL peoples)
- I have merge L4DMMO.smx from Fyren into ASUxx.smx because I need change more RegConsoleCmd to RegAdminCmd for block exploit of peoples use console for take upgrades!

Version 1.2 Changes:

- Added Signature for Windows Server
- Added a L4D_Asu.txt to deploy into Gamedata

Version 1.2.1 Changes:

- Change Cvar from !laser to !laseron in Chat for Activate Laser Sight
- Added Cvar !laseroff in Chat for DeActivate Laser Sight

:)

Number Six
06-16-2009, 13:31
Im very curious on this :o
But....No risk major hack and cheats with sm_Fexec.smx ?

Working on versus ?
Thanks

Its crazy ^^

What the sm_cvar with sm_Fexec.smx for allowed on all bots or on all survivor real ?
All manuel cmds for that ?
* tested now and Run great ;)

ProBoomer
06-16-2009, 14:25
Im very curious on this :o
But....No risk major hack and cheats with sm_Fexec.smx ?

Working on versus ?
Thanks

Its crazy ^^

I never see nothing strange... also if one my friend tell me some peoples know how the use the l4dmmo and take upgrade with console into a versus.

But i already have see the .sp of l4dmmo, i need to change the console command to admin command for prevent abuse of upgrades into a versus.

However if you want go Crazy... come to play a Advanced Coop in my Server and tell me if you can survive and escape or infecteds take you into angle and massacre you with Boomer Trampling :)

Number Six
06-16-2009, 14:29
I never see nothing strange... also if one my friend tell me some peoples know how the use the l4dmmo and take upgrade with console into a versus.

But i already have see the .sp of l4dmmo, i need to change the console command to admin command for prevent abuse of upgrades into a versus.

However if you want go Crazy... come to play a Advanced Coop in my Server and tell me if you can survive and escape or infecteds take you into angle and massacre you with Boomer Trampling :)

"But i already have see the .sp of l4dmmo, i need to change the console command to admin command for prevent abuse of upgrades into a versus."

Just for admin z flag if decided allowed or not bonus for survivors newbies during versus ^^

ProBoomer
06-17-2009, 11:32
Just for admin z flag if decided allowed or not bonus for survivors newbies during versus ^^

I have work for a new version for block the exploit of normal people use console for take upgrade.

I have also put the command !laser for ALL for take Laser Upgrade Only, the rest is into sm_admin.

Need again to understand how give the admin the possibility to select also other peoples into sm_admin for give upgrade.

Number Six
06-17-2009, 13:24
I have work for a new version for block the exploit of normal people use console for take upgrade.

I have also put the command !laser for ALL for take Laser Upgrade Only, the rest is into sm_admin.

Need again to understand how give the admin the possibility to select also other peoples into sm_admin for give upgrade.
Perfect ! Really thanks for your work and FAST :) .
I going update my server now, and waiting the next version ;)

Jerrith
06-17-2009, 23:56
Just thought I'd mention it: I've figured out signatures for AddUpgrade, RemoveUpgrade, and GiveRandomUpgrade, and posted the info in http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=81010&page=5. You should be able to make this menu work for windows servers with that info now. :)

Pluvius
06-18-2009, 06:30
I put the smx file into the plugin folder, i started a coop map, 2nd stage or 5th of the campaign, i typed "asu_spawn_upgrade2" into console, it reports "Usage: asu_spawn_upgrade2 <Body|Goggles|LedgeSave|ReviveSelf|Knife> ". But nothing happens, i tried upgrades 1-3 each has nothing happening. Am i doing this right?What are the console commands in game?
i typed !laser in chat and my l4d crashed to desktop

ProBoomer
06-18-2009, 10:05
I put the smx file into the plugin folder, i started a coop map, 2nd stage or 5th of the campaign

Uhm... when you are in the 2th SafeRoom have got the RandomUpgrade? etcetc for 3th, 4th and 5th?

i typed "asu_spawn_upgrade2" into console, it reports "Usage: Not with console, you need use /SM_ADMIN and find new Menu called ASU Commands, into it have all choice for upgrade.

i typed !laser in chat and my l4d crashed to desktopIf you have Windows need take the Asu12.smx and L4D_Asu.txt because now with help of Jerrith I have put signatures also for Windows Servers.

p4tch3r
06-18-2009, 11:11
Great plugin Boomer, thx

Number Six
06-18-2009, 13:49
No upgrade necessary with linux server ? 1.1 run great , prefer keep :)

Visual77
06-18-2009, 17:24
Cheers, ProBoomer. Works like a charm.
Any chanse of making a new cvar to turn the laser off. !laseroff maybe?

ProBoomer
06-18-2009, 18:57
Any chanse of making a new cvar to turn the laser off. !laseroff maybe?

ADDED.

!laseron for activate laser (i change also this)
!laseroff for deactivate laser

Number Six
06-18-2009, 19:12
ADDED.

Hummm...Need update my server now lol ;)

Visual77
06-18-2009, 19:20
ADDED.

Thank you very much :wink:

mukla67
06-19-2009, 00:44
Great plugin mate love the upgrades and the fact you can use the lasersight in vs :) is there a way to get all the upgrades to work in versus like they do in coop as in randomly asigning each survivor with a random couple of upgrades at the begginings of rounds at all?

Dragonshadow
06-19-2009, 17:19
So if I choose an upgrade from the menu it gives it to everyone? Or just me?

Naow
06-19-2009, 17:37
ADDED.

I would prefer !laser to activate and !laser to desactivate , is it possible to change that ?

So if I choose an upgrade from the menu it gives it to everyone? Or just me?
Only for you

AtomicStryker
06-19-2009, 19:05
Why does !laseron tell me "unknown command sm_laseron" ingame, when in server console its known and accepted

Anyway, what does this mean:
[SM] Native "SDKCall" reported: World not allowed

Are Laser Sights for Coop only? This is what console reports for sm_laseron

Dragonshadow
06-19-2009, 19:09
I would prefer !laser to activate and !laser to desactivate , is it possible to change that ?

That should be easy enough to do, change the console command back to sm_laser, then just check the upgrade name and if it = laser sight then remove the upgrade.
I can do it when I have more time, if the OP doesn't do it first.

Only for you

And can clients use the menu (you only get to choose one per round right?) or just admins?

If its clients and you only get one per round then ohhhhh I'm soooo getting this.

If not then bleh -.-

cyberloner
06-20-2009, 15:54
erased.. sorry

billabonker
06-21-2009, 02:17
where is the sm_cvar survivor_uprades 1?

EDIT :

lol sry didnt see have to put in server.cfg xD

Pluvius
06-21-2009, 03:43
Can we create/host a game and play with other people simultaneously using this wonderful plugins? (not a dedicated server)

thanks for the fast reply boomer.

Dragonshadow
06-21-2009, 07:00
Yea, install sourcemod in your client, install this plugin, host a lobby, and choose "local server" instead of best dedicated or official.

Don't forget to forward ports though.

mukla67
06-21-2009, 09:46
but this till only enables the admin with the plugin to give the upgrades to himselfin the creators next release he's adding that you can give upgrades to random players :)

Number Six
06-21-2009, 13:13
but this till only enables the admin with the plugin to give the upgrades to himselfin the creators next release he's adding that you can give upgrades to random players :)
The best a mod with random for survivor on versus mode , style you kill the tank on a map , next map you are knife , max bullets etc etc ...
But i think hard to coded with no sdk ...

Pluvius
06-21-2009, 14:31
This might sound noobish but I put sm_cvar survivor_upgrades 1 into my serverconfig.vdf file instead (which is redundant i think) since I dont have a server.cfg as specified in page 1. Im not running a dedicated server and I dont have it all in my l4d folder. Is a server.cfg file really needed since im just hosting/creating a game to play with other simultaneously?

This sm_cvar survivor_upgrades 1 has to go somewhere for the plugin to work but I dunno where else to put it, *grinz* But then again, i think it works only partially.
Heres my console report;

L 06/22/2009 - 02:47:33: -------- Mapchange to l4d_airport03_garage --------
admincheats hooked 357 commands
L 06/22/2009 - 02:47:34: [SM] Native "HookConVarChange" reported: Invalid convar handle 0 (error 4)
L 06/22/2009 - 02:47:34: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "all4dead.smx":
L 06/22/2009 - 02:47:34: [SM] [0] Line 129, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/4/7/1/4/7/37022.attach::OnPluginStart()
L 06/22/2009 - 02:47:34: [asu121.smx] Evil Boomer Survivors Upgrades 1.2.1 has been loaded.

The plugin and txt are in the correct folders, i have source mod and admin rights too (option 2 :server commands work).So if it doesnt work, it shouldnt even pop up the menu in the first place. I got the same issue as Stryker on Page 2 when i typed !laseron, i received "unknown command sm_laseron" ASU commands which is menu number 4 (survivor upgrades) and Slay,burn, etc in Menu 1 dont work.

Please, would anyone tell me what steps I missed out or did wrong? The menus show but its not working ( 1 and 4 and laser). many thanks

ProBoomer
06-21-2009, 15:09
Great plugin mate love the upgrades and the fact you can use the lasersight in vs is there a way to get all the upgrades to work in versus like they do in coop as in randomly asigning each survivor with a random couple of upgrades at the begginings of rounds at all?

Maybe is possible put a random upgrade also in Versus but i can't know how to do it, and also because with too many upgrade the gameplay is too unbalanced, like the cheating. No Fun IMHO.

In Coop when you get a random upgrade in 2th, 3th,4th and 5th Saferoom is only because you have put survivor_upgrades to 1. You can do it also without my plugin. They are cumolative until you dead, but in Coop is Fun if you make the game more hard with more infected and powerup all infecteds.

But in Versus Classic I think upgrade unbalancing to all, on default the game for me is unbalanced, survivors are to strong and infected to weak, in some map infecteds can do it anything (DA5 in final). If you have also Upgrades the infected gameplay is boring :)

I have create the menu for use it in Coop, in Versus I think Laser is enough

Think about this, if you have a lot of Knifes you are GOD, autofree from smoker and hunter, doubledamage kill a tank too easy. :)

Anyway, what does this mean:
[SM] Native "SDKCall" reported: World not allowed

I have the same error if try to give the laser from HLSW Console, but when the game is started is ok, only one time for a strange reason after server restarted !laser not working, no errors in logs, but simply not work.

but this till only enables the admin with the plugin to give the upgrades to himselfin the creators next release he's adding that you can give upgrades to random players

I have try to learn how to make it with reading beacon.sp, for moment I understand from Admin_Menu the sm_beacon launch the Beacon.sp, I think need only to put 2-3 more variables for have the list of all players, but if anyone can help me is better and more fast to do it :)

This sm_cvar survivor_upgrades 1 has to go somewhere for the plugin to work but I dunno where else to put it, *grinz* But then again, i think it works only partially.

Uhm... if you create and host a game from Local Server from L4D Option, maybe you can create server.cfg into your /ledt4dead/cfg, also if you not run the dedicated server tool.

But maybe you can enable the survivor_upgrades to 1 when are into a game and check if work from 2th saferoom also if you started from localserver.

LuFa
06-21-2009, 16:15
The plugin works great, but I'm missing the descriptions.

At the beginning of each round, we get a message saying something like:

#L4D_Upgrade_smelling_salt_alert #L4D_Upgrade_smelling_salt_description

Would you know how I can fix this? D:

ProBoomer
06-21-2009, 16:38
#L4D_Upgrade_smelling_salt_alert #L4D_Upgrade_smelling_salt_description

Is Right this words are hardcoded into the engine, advise you and others what type of upgrade have taken.

LuFa
06-21-2009, 16:42
Is Right this words are hardcoded into the engine, advise you and others what type of upgrade have taken.
I know they're supposed to be the descriptions, but I'm not seeing anything else other than that, and I have no idea what the descriptions actually are

Are they supposed to be that way? :|

Dragonshadow
06-21-2009, 18:18
Yea because valve didn't put the upgrades into the game fully, therefor no description.

LuFa
06-21-2009, 20:19
Yea because valve didn't put the upgrades into the game fully, therefor no description.
Oh, I get it

this is an excellent plugin, proboomer :mrgreen:

OtterNas3
06-23-2009, 06:25
If you create a Game from Local Server (no Dedicated) the file for the config is different!

For Dedicated Servers: left4dead\cfg\server.cfg

For Local Servers (aka listenserver): left4dead\cfg\listenserver360.cfg

Hope this helps some people!

Cheers,
OtterNas3

Pluvius
06-23-2009, 11:04
Can someone show me his server.cfg file and/or listenserver360.cfg file? thx

Pluvius
06-24-2009, 06:13
As OtterNas3 suggested, it could be the left4dead\cfg\listenserver360.cfg file not the server.cfg, I really hope OtterNas3 or someone who is not a dedicated server help me with this plugin. Maybe can guide me or show me on the content of the file?thanks alot

OtterNas3
06-26-2009, 11:10
This is just a standard server.cfg / listenserver360.cfg

------------------------------------------

// Server Name
hostname "Left4Dead Server"

// Rcon Cvars
rcon_password "" //Password for Remotecontrol

// Server Cvars
mp_disable_autokick 1
sv_allow_wait_command 0
sv_cheats 0
sv_clearhinthistory 0
sv_consistency 1
sv_contact ""
sv_pausable 0
mp_gamemode "coop" //Possible: coop, versus, survival

// Lan or internet play, Server region cvars
sv_lan 0
sv_region 3 // Region Codes: 0 - US East coast, 1 - US West coast, 2 - South America, 3 - Europe, 4 - Asia, 5 - Australia, 6 - Middle East, 7 - Africa, 255 - world

// HTTP Redirect
sv_downloadurl ""

// Server Logging
sv_log_onefile 1 //Log Server Information in one file.
sv_logbans 1 //Log Server bannings.
sv_logecho 1 //Echo log Informations in Console.
sv_logfile 1 //Log server Informationen to file.
sv_logflush 0 //Overwrite log file each time server starts (caution slow)
log on

//Server Rates
sv_maxrate 20000
sv_maxcmdrate 100

//Bans
exec banned_user.cfg
exec banned_ip.cfg

// Show server in public server browser
sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0 // Allow Lobby connect only?

//server browser settings
//setmaster add 68.142.72.250:27011
//setmaster add 72.165.61.189:27011

// Server Password
sv_password ""

sv_voiceenable 1
sv_alltalk 0

sm_cvar survivor_upgrades 1 //This enables the Upgrade System for COOP games

Pluvius
06-27-2009, 13:15
Hi guys just wanna share this with anyone who is a non-dedicated server
(i.e; hosting a game to play with the rest same time)

put sm_cvar survivor_upgrades 1 in left4dead\left4dead\cfg\sourcemod\sourcemod.c fg and not your server.cfg file

courtesy of dragonshadow

thank u

Dragonshadow
06-27-2009, 18:20
^^,

EpicFailGames
07-05-2009, 22:46
I am currently using the Survivor Upgrades mod provided here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=95365

Is there any way to disable the survivor upgrades that are given to EVERYONE, and instead give specific steamIDs specific survivor upgrades using your addon, or his?

As in, I want to give player with steamid:1_1blabla +50 health, laser, and hollowpoint and I want to give player with steamid:1_0blabla laser, incendiary ammo, and knife but at the same time give everyone else nothing.

Is this possible with your mod? can a mod be specifically written for this purpose?

EpicFailGames
07-06-2009, 22:51
I am currently using the Survivor Upgrades mod provided here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=95365

Is there any way to disable the survivor upgrades that are given to EVERYONE, and instead give specific steamIDs specific survivor upgrades using your addon, or his?

As in, I want to give player with steamid:1_1blabla +50 health, laser, and hollowpoint and I want to give player with steamid:1_0blabla laser, incendiary ammo, and knife but at the same time give everyone else nothing.

Is this possible with your mod? can a mod be specifically written for this purpose?

Would this asu121.sp allow generic admins to use these commands, instead of admins with cheat flag?

Also, is it possible to disable the 'chat-spam' when an admin gives themselves an ability?

SendoX
07-20-2009, 13:35
wat must in the server.cfg to upgrade1 for all any ?

EpicFailGames
07-22-2009, 11:38
testing plugin upload.

Plugin altered to clean up spelling/naming in the menu, and to change admin flag required.

Antithasys
07-31-2009, 20:47
Fill out fields please.

lostone
08-08-2009, 16:35
I tryed the plugin and I like it I like that you can use the sm_admin command to get to upgrades good work when will you be doing a upgrade to this plugin thanks for a great plugin

EpicFailGames
08-14-2009, 00:44
Fill out fields please.

What do you mean by this? I am confused...

Whosat
08-14-2009, 05:03
What do you mean by this? I am confused...
Its meant for the thread starter, ProBoomer. He has to fill up the fields to get his plugin approved.

berni
09-10-2009, 16:59
How to get this approved:

Fill out all topic fields (description, version, game, public cvar) like Antithasys said.
Add at least the ConVar flag FCVAR_NOTIFY to your version cvar.
Remove the compiled .smx plugin from the downloads.

Greetings ~Berni

berni
09-11-2009, 13:53
Missing description
Missing version
missing game selection
Remove compiled .smx file from the downloads

Greetings ~Berni :)

Horten
10-26-2009, 22:30
EPIC PLUGIN... but how can i make it always start up with server. i made a dedicated server... is it possible for it to always start up when i open server?

RavenDan29
01-16-2010, 11:34
Ive yet to see the most important question does it work with l4d2?

ldoh0112
01-28-2010, 04:49
Ive yet to see the most important question does it work with l4d2?

not work