PDA

View Full Version : Problem executing amxx.cfg

BMWM5Sedan
04-07-2004, 21:16
Sorry if this is a question that has already been asked but, I have read through the manual and read the forums and I am still a little bit confused on why I can't get AMXX running on my server.

Specs.
- Windows XP Home
- Half-Life w/ CS Mod. 1.5
- AMXMOD X 0.16
- Metamod 1.16.2
* I'm only running the default plugins/modules on a listen server

I have tried several times going through all the steps but I haven't had anything but the same out come. I did the liblist.gam, and the plugins.ini and all that crap. I wasn't sure on how to execute the amxx.cfg so I was doing the command like this:

+exec addons/amxx/configs/amxx.cfg

I don't know how to get the log, but the console is something like this:

1.AMX MODX Configuration File Loaded. [but no motd or welcome message saying that the server was running AMX MOD]

2. Then it says that little info abut meta mod, the creator and version, etc. [so I know that is working properly]

3. Then it'll say Build Server 2..blah blah, and it loads. That is it. When I try to input an amx command like amx_help or any other amx command, it says invalid command.

4. So then I try to manually execute the cfg
exec addons/amxx/configs/amxx.cfg

5. It lthen lists all the commands/cvars in the amxx.cfg as all being invalid commands.

amx_default_access invalid command
amx_password_field invalid command
amx_imessage invalid command
etc.... ....
etc.... ....

I read through all the forums, but most of them just confused me more, because no one seemed to have the same exact problem as me. I also did read that the windows version of AMX MOD X had a script problem in the admin.amx, Now I am not sure if that is true or if it has been fixed or what.

I went over everything, so I know I didnt forget a step, when it came to the instalation it was very vague. It didnt tell you about executing the cfg. I only remebered that from previous versions of AMX or AdminMod.

So I'd appreciate someone's help. Let me know how to post the console log and I'll do it if that helps. I'm not stupid or computer illiterate or anything, infact I have been using previous versions of AMX for a while, but I do not know much about programming. I just don't want to be bitched at like some of the other people who post in here, with the most idiotic questions which could easily be answered by the manual. I know how annoying that gets to you guys. Well, Thanks for your help.

Keep up the good work, so far I'm impressed with the AMX Mod X. Besides this problem I 've found it much easier and much more organized.

Later

DoubleTap
04-07-2004, 21:33
I believe the error only existed with the .sma, so if you used the included .amx files they should be fine.

Are you sure you have things loaded right... if you have HLSW or something similar type META LIST, AMXX MODULES & AMXX LIST in console and copy/paste that output into a message here plz...

Vic/DT

BMWM5Sedan
04-08-2004, 16:49
Ok, well I don't have HLSW or anything like it, so I just used a dedicated server, and took a screen shot. I originally was using a listen server. You'll see in the attached picture, but I don't think that AMX is even detected or something. Even if I tell amxx.cfg to execute in the server.cfg/listenserver.cfg. It doesn't work. So I have to type in the command in the console. I'm sure I probably forgot to do something, but I have gone over and over the manaul and tried reloading amx in. Right now I only configed the lliblist.gam and the plugins.ini [META]. There is no extra plugins loaded, and I have not moved or changed any other files except the users.ini which I added 1 admin account, set to not check password.

My files look like this:

plugins.ini [METAMOD]

win32 addons/amxx/dlls/amxx_mm.dll

liblist.gam

game "Counter-Strike"
url_info "www.counter-strike.net"
url_dl ""
version "1.5"
size "184000000"
svonly "0"
secure "1"
type "multiplayer_only"
cldll "1"
hlversion "1110"
nomodels "1"
nohimodel "1"
mpentity "info_player_start"
gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"
gamedll_linux "dlls/cs_i386.so"
trainmap "tr_1"

everything is loaded into
C:\Sierra\Half-Life\cstrike\addons\amxx [or metamod]

After META LIST, it showed no plugins loaded and then the server crashed.

AMXX LIST and AMXX MODULES do nothing.

Lemme know what you think is wrong.

dragonchaos
04-08-2004, 16:54
what about trying metamod 1.17x3 for windows (http://www.tcwonline.org/~amxmodx/metamodx.php)?

BMWM5Sedan
04-08-2004, 17:53
THANKS, That was the problem. The 1.17 works. Thanks man. And thanks for trying double tap.