PDA

View Full Version : BotCommander

Crazyg0053
06-07-2009, 20:14
Simple plugin I wrote to help my server fill up after not finding a plugin that would suit my needs.

If there are less than 2 people playing the plugin will spawn a bot. Once there are 2 or more players the bot will be removed. If the server drops below 2 players again the bot will be added.

I plan on adding command functionality so my admins can add and remove bots via console (sm_botadd/sm_botremove) as well as adding a cvar so you can change the amount of players from 2.

Changelog:
-Fixed an issue where it would keep spawning bots.

meng
07-13-2009, 12:03
what mod did you write this for? you know you could just put...

bot_quota 2 (or however many players you want to keep in the server)
bot_quota_mode fill
bot_join_after_player 0

in one of your configs (server/autoexec)

Crazyg0053
07-14-2009, 02:33
I spent plenty of time with bot settings in server.cfg and while one would assume them to work, the above posted settings do not result in the desired effect.

The plugin on the other hand accomplishes this perfectly.

There is, however, a fault in the script that causes unexplainable server crashes on map change. It is for this reason that I abandoned work on the plugin so early on in development. If anyone could offer insight on what is causes these crashes I would be grateful.

Acid07
07-15-2009, 17:28
i think its as the players are connecting again there are 0 players and they slowly count up as they spawn/connect

shame its unapproved.