PDA

View Full Version : Fake clients type of thing?

smaki
06-05-2009, 00:15
So I was passing my a server by the name of XFG blah blah blah, and it said 31/33 on badwater. I join, and nobody is ingame... Thinking I clicked the wrong one, i go back and realize that it STILL says 31/33 even though there is only 1 person ingame... Later, as it filled up to 32 people it said 32/33, and when i tried to join it said Server is Full, and when i came back it still said 32/33... i was wondering where, or who i could get this script/addon from. It would be amazing!

deriggs007
06-05-2009, 02:52
There is a fake clients plugins that only works for Windows. But good luck with those. Valve would most likely delist your server.

The other way is to either make a plugin or pay someone to make a plugin that does that (which some servers have)

smaki
06-05-2009, 09:56
I'm running a Linux server :/ but am willing to pay maybe?

deriggs007
06-05-2009, 17:31
Getting something like that is a pain in the but for linux. Most people won't do it. It would depend on your pricing. I can point you to someone that might be willing. Just send me a PM

pRED*
06-05-2009, 17:37
If anything it's easier for linux. I'm heading away in a few days but if you PM me today I can try sort something out.

deriggs007
06-05-2009, 18:51
Then why does everyone gripe about compiling something like this for linux???

I guess maybe SM fake clients could be easier, but what about he MM type? That HAS to be a bitch lol

EDIT: There is a thread about "Real Fake Clients" for MetaMod Source - Everyone on that thread seems to complain because they won't make something like this for linux.

Maybe it is easier, but point being "no one does it"

Ywa*NL
06-06-2009, 11:46
Would love to see this plugin for non-Orange Box games (for Windows).

bl4nk
06-06-2009, 18:56
Then why does everyone gripe about compiling something like this for linux???

I guess maybe SM fake clients could be easier, but what about he MM type? That HAS to be a bitch lol

EDIT: There is a thread about "Real Fake Clients" for MetaMod Source - Everyone on that thread seems to complain because they won't make something like this for linux.

Maybe it is easier, but point being "no one does it"

Plenty of people do it, but because it's such an aggravating thing to run into, most people keep it private and pay for it.

deriggs007
06-06-2009, 22:43
That's basically what I meant actually :P

If it isn't released and private. Might as well be "no one does it"

smaki
06-07-2009, 00:57
i'm still looking for somebody that could code this or already has it coded. I have found people, but the prices are kind of high for me. If you can do this for a linux server, PM me and give me your price, thanks!