PDA

View Full Version : [Howto] L4D - remove invisible Walls on DA and DT

AtomicStryker
05-23-2009, 06:57
I finally found out about the supercool Stripper Metamod Plugin

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=844320#post844320

It can be used to delete the invisible Walls in any L4D Map, finally allowing Hunters to get where they ought to go!

AtomicStryker
06-08-2009, 12:07
I think this deserves some attention xD

antihacker
06-08-2009, 14:47
Not tested!
public OnMapStart()
{
new found = FindEntityByClassname (-1, "func_playerinfected_clip");
if (found >= 0)
{
do
{
RemoveEdict (found);
found = FindEntityByClassname (found, "func_playerinfected_clip");
} while (found >= 0)
}

new found = FindEntityByClassname (-1, "func_illusionary");
if (found >= 0)
{
do
{
RemoveEdict (found);
found = FindEntityByClassname (found, "func_illusionary");
} while (found >= 0)
}
}

Thraka
06-08-2009, 20:36
I finally found out about the supercool Stripper Metamod Plugin

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=844320#post844320

It can be used to delete the invisible Walls in any L4D Map, finally allowing Hunters to get where they ought to go!

I contacted him and got him to upgrade it to 1.2. :) I've been testing it on my server for awhile now, and it's been working great! However, I didn't remove the player clips. I did add blocks to the cornor behind the cot on the elevator in no mercy, and blocked out under the pipe in the construction yard on airport.

Once I'm able to figure out how to make the tier 2 weapons a one time pickup, I'm going to randomize their locations around the level. It would be cool to run into a shotgun somewhere random, and only one of them, instead of a table setup with a bunch of weapons.

bl4nk
06-08-2009, 21:29
Not tested!
public OnMapStart()
{
new found = FindEntityByClassname (-1, "func_playerinfected_clip");
if (found >= 0)
{
do
{
RemoveEdict (found);
found = FindEntityByClassname (found, "func_playerinfected_clip");
} while (found >= 0)
}

new found = FindEntityByClassname (-1, "func_illusionary");
if (found >= 0)
{
do
{
RemoveEdict (found);
found = FindEntityByClassname (found, "func_illusionary");
} while (found >= 0)
}
}

A better way to do it would be:
new ent = -1;
while ((ent = FindEntityByClassname(ent, "func_playerinfected_clip")) != -1)
{
RemoveEdict(ent);
}

while ((ent = FindEntityByClassname(ent, "func_illusionary")) != -1)
{
RemoveEdict(ent);
}

AtomicStryker
06-09-2009, 08:51
Bug, kind of:

Using this causes major graphical corruption in Death Toll Finale. You can't look through any GPU 'portal', so in some cases you'll see nothing but the skybox though doors, in other cases walls or floors disappear.

antihacker
06-09-2009, 10:15
Try commeting out the the removeedict for func_illusionary.

mukla67
06-19-2009, 01:00
this is a great idea is there any update on this not buggin out the GPU 'portal' as ppl have mentioned?

LinktoInsanity
06-19-2009, 05:14
Which file do you put this code in and where? (Also, would Notepad do the job?) Sorry, done config changes but not actual coding changes. Nice find btw.

mukla67
06-19-2009, 07:51
i dont think notepad would do the job mate i think notepad++ would or something like that but dont hold me to this :P

Im still wondering tho does this work 100% with no graphical glitches in the finale and i read the original post and figured out you can remove the roof blocking and also the red stop sign blocking, i only want to remove the annoynig ones not the red ones so how do i go about this i know it says change the first out of the 2 options in the original topic but i dnt know what to change do i just remove it?

n3wton
04-26-2010, 06:17
I know this is an old thread, but I can't get thios working with L4D2, im guessing the entity name has changed? anyone know what its new name is?

YOurs
N3wton