PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Dark Messiah | Measure movement Speed.

deriggs007
05-17-2009, 14:27
Hi everyone. My first post here at Allied Modders, been a long time reader about a lot of peoples work here. I really have to say thank you for fabulous work!

Anyways, I'm one of the guys that sponsored the MetaMod + SourceMod port to Dark Messiah. The reason was because of unbalanced game play and many hackers that admins can't take care of. With the port it is starting to become a success.

However, Speedhackers are always a problem.... There is no anti-cheat, no STEAM ID's... just good ol' IP banning. I was wondering if anyone would be up to the task/challenge to make a plugin that measures movement speed? So if the movement speed is beyond a certain "x" then the player would be autobanned/Kicked and what not.

The Dark Messiah Community (whats left anyways) would greatly appreciate it! I've kept the server alive for a long time and despite it being sorta a dead game... there are still a tight nit community behind it.

Thanks!

deriggs007
05-17-2009, 14:55
Also, if it is possible and anyone kind enough...

Perhaps adding an Autobalance plugin? None of the plugins will work with Dark Messiah. Editing another persons code is okay, doesn't have to be custom plugin.

Team Balance is probably the biggest issue in the game.... One map it is 15v 15 the next map it is 20 v 5..... no joke