PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] L4D - Smoker Cloud Damage

AtomicStryker
05-10-2009, 13:31
Title says it all. An idea to counter closet (or any camping in a single spot) was to have the Smoker cloud deal slow damage to Survivors in it.

I don't know how hard this is to program, its just an idea.

mukla67
05-13-2009, 09:24
This is a good idea n i read somewhere a while back that there are CVARS in the smoker files or somethin that you can alter to get this affect. I'm not a coder or anything so i dont even know where to beggin to look but i know i did see this somewhere as well as increasing damage and distance with the smokers tounge and the drag dammage and reload speed etc

AtomicStryker
05-13-2009, 10:42
There is only a CVAR to slow down Survivors in the Cloud, which is by default set to something like 0.1 seconds (off). Also, from the CVARS you can see the Smoker originally was dubbed Cougher and that his purpose was to spawn clouds all over the place.
Same as the Hunter used to have a more powerful charge-up close combat swipe.

pheadxdll
05-13-2009, 23:03
Easy to do: Hook player_death. When smoker dies, record location and start a timer. Anyone within a certain radius of this location loses health. Make sure you notify the player what is happening too. It's not fun to lose health when you aren't sure why.

mukla67
05-15-2009, 10:31
as i said im no coder or plugin writer so if anyone could write a plugin using the idea pheadxdll (http://forums.alliedmods.net/member.php?u=38829) provided i would be greatfully appreciative :)

And the way to alert people of smoker dammage is to use the advertisement plugin on here and set a message using the hint option as it pops up and flashes in the middle of peoples screen so they cant miss it :)