PDA

View Full Version : [Req] Bot plugin

deadbwoy
05-04-2009, 13:32
So I was on IRC a few weeks ago and asked if it would be possible to hook a bot and make them shoot at a specific model (Make bots shoot at tripmines). I was told that yes it is indeed possible. This got me thinking.
I'm not even sure if what I want to do is even possible so I thought I'd make a post and get some feedback....

This is for the Insurgency mod, but as many of you don't know much at all about the mod, this plugin could easily be coded for CSS and I could go in and substitute the CSS events with INS events.

Here is the problem I hope can be solved with SM:
INS bots are underdeveloped. They might even be the base source bots that come in the SDK (Although I have noticed some INS specific console bot commands but I don't think any of them have been implemented yet; the only commands that work are the nav editing commands add/quota commands and bot_mimic commands). They use the nav mesh fine for navigating arround the map, however they dont shoot at the other team.

Would it be possible to:
1 - Make the bot stop and shoot when it sees an enemy?
(I heard a traceray should be used to do this?)
2 - Make the bot take cover (further utilize the navmesh parts, camp spot, sniper spot, etc.)?
3 - Make the bot camp/capture an objective?

even if ALL this isn't possible, I think just making the bots shoot at the other team even if they don't stop running arround would be a major improvement and actually make these bots somewhat functional and 1000 times more fun to play with.

I'd be happy to work with someone on this although my coding knowledge is not great, I can provide many answers concerning INS specifics and nav mesh details. (I have tons of experience when it comes to nav mesh fine tuning and place painting, I was a Mod on TurtleRockStudios' old forums and got involved in many projects surrounding the CS:CZ and CS:S bot)

devicenull
05-04-2009, 23:25
Not easily possible in SourceMod. You need more direct access to the engine, so a SourceMM plugin would be your best bet. As well as the fact that writing basic AI stuff in Pawn would be.. not fun.