PDA

View Full Version : [L4D] Hunter Dismount

voidborn
04-30-2009, 01:49
Perhaps someone could dabble in a potential idea of mine. I feel as though once a hunter attaches he should be allowed to dismount his victim so he can pounce another, instead of waiting for incapped survivors to die off. Perhaps by hitting crouch and obviously with a timer to it or perhaps a client check on if the survivor is incapped. A cvar for both would be awesome. The timer is to prevent the hunter from dismounting immediately and repouncing over and over to stun the survivors like crazy. The incap check so that at the admins discresion they cant just pounce for 5 seconds and unattach and repounce.

something like

sm_hunterdismount_incap_only 1/0
sm_hunterdismount_timer 0.0-10 or higher

or whatever you wish to name the cvars and so on.

tell me if there is already a game cvar or plugin with this option, input is appreciated.

danielsumi
04-30-2009, 02:30
There is a cvar and it's a very bad idea. You can keep 2 survivors pinned forever with a single hunter.

And even if you could not, that you bring lot's of imbalance to the table. You can high pounce, release, and do it over and over again.

voidborn
04-30-2009, 03:59
Which is why I suggest perhaps only allowing a hunter to dismount after the target is incapacitated with a timer attached to it as well. The news of a cvar makes me hopeful that this plugin would be a cinch to make.

aceman
04-30-2009, 18:45
Which is why I suggest perhaps only allowing a hunter to dismount after the target is incapacitated with a timer attached to it as well. The news of a cvar makes me hopeful that this plugin would be a cinch to make.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Shadowfox
04-30-2009, 21:00
this would be nice to have with the smoker too

Big Myke
05-01-2009, 00:50
It turns out there’s also a hunter equivalent of the smoker’s voluntary release option, except it’s a bit buggy. Unlike the smoker’s tongue which recharges a minimum of 3 seconds after releasing, the hunter pounce release has no such restriction. In our testing it became frustrating for survivors, despite the pounces doing little to no damage.
Relevant command: z_lunge_release “1″

voidborn
05-18-2009, 03:01
bamp

OohItzMario
05-18-2009, 14:40
this would be nice to have with the smoker too
tongue_allow_voluntary_release "1" allows a smoker to let go of the target they are pulling/choking by right clicking the users mouse

Easiest way to find commands for the server you own is download HLSW and set up the servers IP you own then go to the console tab and press the Complete button, it will spam you with ever command your server knows.
(2281 total convars/concommands)

madcap
05-21-2009, 12:52
There is a cvar and it's a very bad idea. You can keep 2 survivors pinned forever with a single hunter.

And even if you could not, that you bring lot's of imbalance to the table. You can high pounce, release, and do it over and over again.

Just because something doesn't balance or play well in game doesn't mean that someone shouldn't attempt to make the plugin. If someone made this and it didn't play well it could be adjusted as needed to bring back the balance.

ProBoomer
05-26-2009, 07:40
I have set cvar for Hunter releasing... but in versus guy abusing it!!!!!!.

Is OK when you have devitalized or want escape because the other survivor coming for kill you.... but when a hunter begin to jump and leave, jump and leave is annoying,

I have removed now in versus.

Have give this ability of escaping only to smoker