PDA

View Full Version : Spectator modes

Knuckle$
04-06-2004, 16:16
I was wondering if it would be possible to make a plugin that would disallow anyone without the proper access to spectate the opposite team? There are so damn many losers using ventrilo for ghosting in Pubs these days something needs to be done. I realize that I can turn off the ability to spectate the other team, but it would be really nice if the admins could still be able to keep an eye on anyone they choose.

swestorm
04-06-2004, 21:24
yeah.. I have been wanting a plugin like this forever...

Letting players spectate team only while adminrights override the function..

Admins need to be able to spectate possible cheaters...

a plugin like this would be great as hell!!!

Knuckle$
04-06-2004, 23:22
That's what i'm talking about :D

Knuckle$
04-14-2004, 03:21
Damn this plugin would be cool, I only wish someone could make it (hint hint) :wink:

corruptor
04-15-2004, 12:27
Hell yes, this is what I am looking for.
I hate to ban ppl for ghosting, and forcing spec mode to team only makes it hard to administrate the server.

Knuckle$
04-15-2004, 15:43
I know this plugin could make it so much easier to get rid of the idiots who use vent to cheat but still allow for admins to watch anyone they choose. Of course, people can still ghost, it is just less likely that people are going to help the opposing team. Either way this would be a great plugin that I think many people would love.

QwertyAccess
04-20-2004, 03:51
well its possible to just block the command to join spectator for non admins...

Knuckle$
04-20-2004, 15:21
Yeah, but what about free look while they are dead. Should only be able to watch own team while dead, but allow the admins to watch anyone.

lantz69
04-20-2004, 16:24
I made a script that enables the admins to turn specc on but just if something needs to be done. (Tk. or check if someone is camping)
Our admins just enables it and goes to player that needs to get specced then locks specc imediately.

//
//AMX_CVAR Skiftar mellan mp_forcechasecam 2/0
//
alias "cam0" "amx_rcon mp_forcechasecam 0;amx_rcon mp_forcecamera 0;alias specc cam2; echo ForceaCamera er -->OFF<--"
alias "cam2" "amx_rcon mp_forcechasecam 2;amx_rcon mp_forcecamera 2;alias specc cam0; echo ForceaCamera er -->ON<---"
alias specc "cam0"
// EX: bind "F7" "specc"

But you shold never use this to GHOST yourself.
BTW
The players can see when you change the modes in the consolle. So don't use if you don't need it.

No need for a plugin to do that. :wink:

QwertyAccess
04-20-2004, 19:14
you dont want to give all your admins rcon though

Knuckle$
04-21-2004, 01:06
I know how to do all that, I think it would be much nicer and easier if there were a plugin that made free-look and spec of other team only for admins of a certain access level. Turning it on and off would probably make the players suspicious not to mention changing cvars like that is ghetto.

lantz69
04-22-2004, 04:15
you dont want to give all your admins rcon though

You could just give them the k-flag (; k - access to sv_password cvar (by amx_cvar command)

so change amx_rcon to amx_cvar.

Then you can give it to other admins to.

illegal-op
04-24-2004, 13:50
The original idea is great about only allowing admins to spec both teams while those that are dead can only spectate their own team. I do now have a lot of people on my server using teamspeak or ventrilo to ghost.

Knuckle$
04-24-2004, 14:27
No kidding that's the point of this thread ;)

illegal-op
04-29-2004, 16:06
http://www.lamerc.com/users/illegal-op/images/bump.jpg

Knuckle$
04-29-2004, 19:12
lol I was thinking of bumping this bad-boy myself. gfg ;)

illegal-op
05-06-2004, 02:19
http://www.lamerc.com/users/illegal-op/images/bump.jpg

slowhand
05-06-2004, 05:58
The original idea is great about only allowing admins to spec both teams while those that are dead can only spectate their own team. I do now have a lot of people on my server using teamspeak or ventrilo to ghost.

me2

found a Plug, which goes into the direction. ( http://djeyl.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=30491 )

I will attempt to change it so that None-Admins only can join in spec2, Admins all spec ( itīs not so simple :roll: ) .

however, but I believe there are better people here, than me... but an experiment can not hurt. :P

illegal-op
05-15-2004, 00:10
Thanks for giving it a try. It should be very useful when its done.

rootdown
05-15-2004, 09:14
i made a request like this about a halfyear ago in a pluginthread:

http://djeyl.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=24870

ThePostman
07-27-2004, 10:35
Got some news?
This kind of plugin would be nice!

ThePostman

tankster
08-12-2004, 20:39
well its possible to just block the command to join spectator for non admins...

Anyone know what this command is? i am looking for something exactly like this, but i dont care about specing while dead. I just want to set it up so that admins only can join spec team, would be even better if everyone got forced to a team when they joined the map.

tankster
09-06-2004, 18:33
I checked out the plugin listed here
http://djeyl.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=30491

my german is a bit rusty. Will this only allow lvl B admins to spectate? Is there a port for amx?