PDA

View Full Version : my server wont start..at all

vivalavida
04-28-2009, 23:05
a few things

1) when i start my server in gui mode, it brings me to the small windows, choose name, port rcon pw, etc.. and then u click ok, the cpu load spikes then the window jsut dissapears

2) i start it thru console mode, and it doesnt read the server.cfg, so its name is the default name, and every map becides the default maps say that they arent in the server, when they DEFINATLY are and it says it couldnt execute "config.cfg" whatever that is..

anyone know how to fix this?

bmann_420
04-29-2009, 04:30
Are you running this thru your dedi, or just another server somewhere. Id assume another server somewhere, as this shouldnt be done on the dedi.

I havnt delt with the gui mode for about 3 years, so im not sure. I use serverdoc and server monitor for our dedi and my personal servers. As long as everything is setup correctly (file structure and install (up to date) i havnt really had any problems. If i did, t hen id delete the registry and update it.

vivalavida
04-29-2009, 21:48
ill do the registry thing, it is a dedi, but its beign weird, some servers will work through console and some wont, so i have like 5 running in firedaemon and the rest in gui mode it very weird