PDA

View Full Version : Server information (MAP NAME) not refreshing on Master Servers

scurfboard
04-01-2009, 01:42
Oooook so everything seems to work fine, people can connect and view the server, but when the map changes, the Master Server list still displays the first map that the server was on. everything else refreshes (latency, slots), but the map name will not change. I noticed I can get it to change on the Master Server list if I join the game on the new map, and then try refresh after, but as soon as the map changes again, the name doesn't refresh to the new map.

Also, I'm not sure what to make of this...but if I try search for the server on gametiger.com it doesn't show up... (although it did last time I checked before I noticed this problem)

I can't think of any modifications I would have made to the server to cause this to happen. maybe it's a problem with steam?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :o

-scurfboard

EDIT
:| anyone??? it's really a bother because if I switch to a specific map (due to the fact that more people are inclined to join certain maps), and it doesn't show up on the Master Server List as the map I've switched to, people will likely be less inclined to join the server (if they don't like that map that is stuck displayed)...

fysiks
04-01-2009, 19:17
Have you tried contacting your host or looking at the steampowered forums?

scurfboard
04-01-2009, 19:29
I haven't seen to find any information regarding a problem like this on steampowered forums, or any for that matter. If by host you mean the person running the server...I'm running it off my own computer.

04-01-2009, 20:28
It won't be of much help to you, but I've seen similar behaviour when viewing my servers in HLSW (http://www.hlsw.org/) (sometimes, not always). So far I haven't noticed the same in the game servers list in Steam (I assume that's what you are referring to) yet since I never use it, but I'll keep an eye on it from now on.

scurfboard
04-01-2009, 20:31
gotcha. well thanks. at least I'm not the only one...sorta. or maybe I am haha. i've still not been able to find any information about a problem similar to this... again help would be appreciated :)