PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer

CShadowRun
03-20-2009, 16:43
A simple plugin to show your current movement speed/velocity in a hint box. More info and download here (http://www.azelphur.com/sourcemod-speedometer)

Please post comments on my website as i don't keep track of stuff here. Thanks!

retsam
03-20-2009, 17:05
Im pretty sure you have to post the plugin and smx here and cannot link to some other site. Just fyi...

And, the other info about which mods and crap it works in would be nice.

EDIT: This definitely does NOT work in tf2 with 1.1.2. Im gonna guess it doesnt work period, but it may be specific to CSS. In tf2 it just made lag and some annoying repeating sound. Anyways.... CSS only maybe?

Darkimmortal
03-21-2009, 14:31
- Should be using GetEntDataVector.
- m_vecVelocity doesn't work with TF2 (or probably other OB games) IIRC
- Hint text isn't suitable for being updated every frame - Center text or proper HUD text would be more appropriate.

MikeJS
03-21-2009, 14:41
GetEntPropVector(client, Prop_Data, "m_vecVelocity", velocity) works in TF2

SAMURAI16
05-22-2009, 13:07
You don't even made a description for this. Now you are forcing all people to visit your website. That's lame

DJ Tsunami
05-23-2009, 11:18
He couldn't have made a description for it, descriptions were broken at the time.

CShadowRun
05-23-2009, 11:58
Im pretty sure you have to post the plugin and smx here and cannot link to some other site. Just fyi...

All plugins must have downloads attached. If you want to link to an external site, make sure that the plugin is findable within a reasonable number of clicks. If downloads require registration, it will not be approved.

And, the other info about which mods and crap it works in would be nice.
Done :)

EDIT: This definitely does NOT work in tf2 with 1.1.2. Im gonna guess it doesnt work period, but it may be specific to CSS. In tf2 it just made lag and some annoying repeating sound. Anyways.... CSS only maybe?

Yes it doesn't work in TF2 because TF2 plays a sound effect for the hintbox so it's slow. It works fine on CS:S.

- Should be using GetEntDataVector.
Why?
- m_vecVelocity doesn't work with TF2 (or probably other OB games) IIRC Yes it does
- Hint text isn't suitable for being updated every frame - Center text or proper HUD text would be more appropriate.
This plugin was a payed job, i didn't make this design decision.

You don't even made a description for this. Now you are forcing all people to visit your website. That's lame
As Tsunami says above, descriptions where broke at the time. That's fixed. If "forcing" people to go to my website (so that i can track my projects in a way that suits me) then yup, i'm lame. I only found out that people where posting here because Tsunami prodded me via IRC. I'm much more active on my website.

Hope this clears everything up! :)

DaFox
05-26-2009, 01:54
I honestly dont really see why this is needed with cl_showpos 1.

But maybe thats just me.