PDA

View Full Version : Fix broken steam messages v1.2

willyumyum
04-05-2004, 10:23
Fix Steam %s madness
version 1.2
This plugin is meant to modify the messages that steam has messed up. Examples are:

%s has dropped the bomb.
%s seconds have passed. You cannot buy anything now!
Round will restart in %s seconds.

I don't know about you, but i was tired of always seeing %s appear instead of what is supposed to, so I created this plugin that catches those messages and outputs the proper messages :)

Enjoy

Please report any additions you think need to go in here, or bugs that you find..

UPLOADED NEW VERSION WITH SMALL FIXES ( v1.2 )

~will

knekter
04-06-2004, 10:52
Ive been looking for this, great job :)

[BioMaN]**neogun**
04-06-2004, 11:17
thx a lot for this fix :wink:

willyumyum
04-09-2004, 16:58
working on a small fix for bomb drops - the event is proving to be a bit annoying....

BigBaller
04-09-2004, 18:20
I never really noticed this problem, but I guess this will be helpful until STEAM fixes it themselfs

willyumyum
04-10-2004, 18:03
I never really noticed this problem, but I guess this will be helpful until STEAM fixes it themselfs

Yeah, it's not something all that noticeable if you're not looking for it and/or little thing don't annoy you...

V1.2 release btw :) fixed the bomb drop bug, and added catching for unavailable alias buying :)

shadow
04-15-2004, 14:01
Hi,

great plugin..

Some addition:

register_event( "TextMsg", "stPickedupBomb", "b", "2&Game_bomb_pickup" );

public stPickedupBomb( ) {

new szName[32];
read_data( 3, szName, 32 );

client_print( 0, print_center, "%s picked up the bomb", szName );

return PLUGIN_CONTINUE;
}

cu

shadow

willyumyum
04-16-2004, 18:11
i don't know that read_data(3) will return the player's name on that one - it would require a log event to inform players when someone picks up the bomb - Reason being, no player's, or item, name is returned for that event, so read_data(3) will return nothing - i think, you'd have to test it to be sure...

shadow
04-17-2004, 12:07
after including these lines to your plugin i got that fixed on my server

-[oG]-InsaNe.
08-11-2004, 15:38
Does this work for those Stat Hud messages...?

because in my server its like...

"So and so killed %s with AK47"
"%s vs. 2 CT's hope you have a health pack"

-=STN=- MaGe
08-11-2004, 19:16
Fix Steam %s madness
%s has dropped the bomb.
%s seconds have passed. You cannot buy anything now!
Round will restart in %s seconds.

humm... never seen this problem on our cz server but have seen it many of times in other servers

-[oG]-InsaNe.
08-13-2004, 14:39
Hmm well the HUD messages for like headshots and stuff put like

[oG]-InsaNe is good with the m4a1, as %s knows well.

It doesnt really matter cause noone looks at those hud msgs anyways... but it would be nice...

%s vs: 3 CTS

willyumyum
08-13-2004, 15:43
-[oG]-InsaNe, the text you are talking about is text generated by a plugin - this will not fix that, the plugin needs to be modified for that to bed fixed.

the intention of this plugin here was to fix broken internal messages in CS itself, not in an amxX or amx plugin - i don't even know if this plugin is still needed, i havnt played CS for a few months - been to busy